Just back. hits, misses and everything in between.

eliza61

DIS Veteran
Brief recap from our 10 day family reunion. just some funny observations. Disclaimer: this contains some "misses". If you're the type that does not like criticism of the mouse, this may not be for you. LOL.

Players: 18 of my nearest and not so dearest relatives. Oy Vey!! celebrating the 100th birthday of my Aunt.

Most improvement award: Disney's mid level ts restaurants. I've literally stopped eating on site because the last couple of years the quality has been lacking. This trip I was sort of forced to because we didn't want to go offsite. I found the park places greatly improved. The Plaza in MK was delicious, Sci fi diner very good and a few others. New Italian place on the Boardwalk was very very good (forgot the name)

Idiot award goes to Yours truly, me. So I'm African American and I guess because it was cloudy a few days I thought I wouldn't get sunburned. 10 lashes with a pixie stick for me. wooo, Florida sun was/is brutal. day 3 I had a nasty case of sunburn across my shoulders.

Best line from a cm In line for test track, got to the head of the line and the cm ask how many, we said 18. He just looked at us and said "Why". whole family cracked up. why indeed.

Great timing award We arrived the 25th of August, the first 3 days were a bit crowded but by the begininning of the next week, crowds really dropped. 35 minute wait for TSM at times. 10 minutes for Soarin.

get it together Disney award: fast pass plus. sorry it was a horror. 90% of the time we could not make adjustments, out of 10 days we were only able to get additional passes 2 days. One day the system totally lost our fp reservations. Always had a 15 minute wait at the kiosk. ALWAYS. by the 5th day we simply did not bother. And it wasn't because it was a large group of us. I only made fp for my immediate family and three others (6 total) but almost everyone had issues.

forgot how to be a parent award. lol, now I know we should never criticize strangers parenting butttttt.......
In epcot at the world showcase and run into the bathroom, a poor mom is fighting with a ~4year old little girl to put on her pullups. The little girl wanted to wear her cinderella pull up but unfortunately it was torn so she was having a meltdown and refusing to put on any pullups. Mom, threw up her hand and said "fine don't wear anything" and then proceeded to let her run around sans bottoms.
Now I get it, I'm old, I grew up during the "because I said so " generation. I realize today parents are more "talk to and explain" to your child but seriously isn't letting a kid run around half naked unhygienic and yes she let her leave the bathroom without bottoms.

Last edited:
awesome report and yes, hilarious!!! thanks for sharing! happy birthday to your Auntie indeed! we've got 27 days to go til our trip. can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Thanks Eliza for the entertaining trip report:) Left me smiling. I, too, have some issues with fast passes. We usually use them for our must do rides, then just forget them - too much hassle for us. I hope Disney fixes this problem to help us out with these problems!
thanks, again:)

Wonderful report! The 1 credit TS at WDW are now (recently) generally decent quality. Always a few problems and fall downs. To date, I've found the Fall Free Dining to be worthwhile. And yes, in the ladies' bathrooms, you see just about everything. Whether you want to or not. Guessing that fatigue and sun just got the best of the Mom.

Good to read your report. I've been following your dining report also. It seems like you had a mostly-good trip. We, too, are not FP+ fans, but I'm sure I'll make the reservations. DD21 and I are off to the World in Nov. for a late-planned trip (just booked the room yesterday), so as soon as my window opens, we'll see. My DD's comment about parenting styles is usually along the lines of "Now I know what not to do!" Hope we have the same TT CM- what a hoot!

Great trip report Eliza. Glad you were able to keep your sense of humour through the trip. We're not FP+ fans either. And best wishes to your Aunt.

I gotta ask. Did you really put your 100 year old aunt on Test Track? If so, I really admire her.

LOL, no. we actually couldn't get her outta the Grand Floridian. Informed us she didn't live this long by walking around in 100 degree heat. Her, my 70 year old cousin (her daughter) and two 80 year old aunts did manage to drink some youngins under the table at the new Trader sams.

With a group this size we elected to just plan 2 or 3 big activities and then the rest of the time everyone did their own thing.

Last edited:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Funny! Especially about aunt living to 100! It sounds like humor runs in your family! Sparkle on! BTW what is your dining TR under? Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:
LOL, no. we actually couldn't get her outta the Grand Floridian. Informed us she didn't live this long by walking around in 100 degree heat. Her, my 70 year old cousin (her daughter) and two 80 year old aunts did manage to drink some youngins under the table at the new Trader sams.

With a group this size we elected to just plan 2 or 3 big activities and then the rest of the time everyone did their own thing.

:) Great post! Hilarious.
I can't wait to try Trader SAMs.

Great report, love the CM response and your own little DUH moment. I do the same thing, of Greek descent and just assume with my olive skin and excessive tanning in the 70s I won't burn. Wrong. While I don't agree with your dislike of FP, I'm kind of take it or leave it with it, you did a good job of expressing your reasons for disliking it and I agree it wasn't great. I'm also of the "because I said so" generation and I'm with you on that one too, seriously who is the mom here?

Brief recap from our 10 day family reunion. just some funny observations. Disclaimer: this contains some "misses". If you're the type that does not like criticism of the mouse, this may not be for you. LOL.

Players: 18 of my nearest and not so dearest relatives. Oy Vey!! celebrating the 100th birthday of my Aunt.

Most improvement award: Disney's mid level ts restaurants. I've literally stopped eating on site because the last couple of years the quality has been lacking. This trip I was sort of forced to because we didn't want to go offsite. I found the park places greatly improved. The Plaza in MK was delicious, Sci fi diner very good and a few others. New Italian place on the Boardwalk was very very good (forgot the name)

Idiot award goes to Yours truly, me. So I'm African American and I guess because it was cloudy a few days I thought I wouldn't get sunburned. 10 lashes with a pixie stick for me. wooo, Florida sun was/is brutal. day 3 I had a nasty case of sunburn across my shoulders.

Best line from a cm In line for test track, got to the head of the line and the cm ask how many, we said 18. He just looked at us and said "Why". whole family cracked up. why indeed.

Great timing award We arrived the 25th of August, the first 3 days were a bit crowded but by the begininning of the next week, crowds really dropped. 35 minute wait for TSM at times. 10 minutes for Soarin.

get it together Disney award: fast pass plus. sorry it was a horror. 90% of the time we could not make adjustments, out of 10 days we were only able to get additional passes 2 days. One day the system totally lost our fp reservations. Always had a 15 minute wait at the kiosk. ALWAYS. by the 5th day we simply did not bother. And it wasn't because it was a large group of us. I only made fp for my immediate family and three others (6 total) but almost everyone had issues.

forgot how to be a parent award. lol, now I know we should never criticize strangers parenting butttttt.......
In epcot at the world showcase and run into the bathroom, a poor mom is fighting with a ~4year old little girl to put on her pullups. The little girl wanted to wear her cinderella pull up but unfortunately it was torn so she was having a meltdown and refusing to put on any pullups. Mom, threw up her hand and said "fine don't wear anything" and then proceeded to let her run around sans bottoms.
Now I get it, I'm old, I grew up during the "because I said so " generation. I realize today parents are more "talk to and explain" to your child but seriously isn't letting a kid run around half naked unhygienic and yes she let her leave the bathroom without bottoms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter