Just back - July 19 to July 26

TexasTSL

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a trip with myself, DH, 71 YO Mother, DS8, Nephew 9 and Nephew 11. We stayed at Pop Century in preferred connecting rooms in the '70s section with a landscape view on the fourth floor. Loved the quiet. I was really glad we were not too near the loud Hippy Dippy pool! We were close to buses and food. We had free dining and had updated from the Quick Service plan to the regular plan with one TS, one QS and teo snacks per day. I hadn't realized, but each QS meal comes with either a drink or a snack/dessert. We ended up with so many leftover snacks it was ridiculous.
Magical Express was handled differently this time than in the past. We were told you now have to call to get your bags brought up to your room rather than just having them automatically delivered. We used online check-in, and our rooms were ready by the time we arrived at about 2:30 in the afternoon.
Crowds were very manageable. I was really surprised since I had heard that July is usually a very busy month and I hadn't been at this time of year before. We rented a scooter from Gold Mobility for my mother. I highly recommend them. Great experience! All of our meals were good. We dined at Hoop Dee Doo, Ohana, 50s Prime Time, Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern. The only place we had bad service at this time was Via Napoli. We were there for over two hours for lunch. One entree was brought out before appetizers, and that person finished his lunch before the rest of us got our meals. Also, one person never got their drink until dessert. Desserts were also brought out at different times. Our server did not refill drinks and could never be found. Food was good, though. We got to do Slinky Dog Dash for the first time and loved it. Nephews enjoyed Trials of the Temple. We were let into the parks very early this time and just held back at the rides. The Magic Kingdom welcome show was at the castle this time rather than at the entrance as it was last time we visited. Bus service was good. We never waited more than ten minutes for a bus coming or going. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer!

How early were you arriving to the parks? I have read the are letting people in very early. We are doing EMH at 8am at AK next month...what time should we get to the park? Did you go to any waterparks?

Great that the crowds were manageable. Yes, I am curious too how early they let you in the parks. We could not snag FoP for AK next month, so hoping to do a rope drop and not have a 2 hours wait. Thanks

How early were you arriving to the parks? I have read the are letting people in very early. We are doing EMH at 8am at AK next month...what time should we get to the park? Did you go to any waterparks?
Yes, they were letting people in very early. We would arrive 45 minutes before park opening at times and guests were already in. We didn't do waterparks this time around, butbwe have in the past. Unless you want to try to hit one of the rides that it is hard to get a Fastpass for, I think 30 minutes prior is plenty. We arrived 45 minutes early to Hollywood Studios one day, and signed up for Jedi Training, first time of the day, and then spent some time in the Xbox gaming Station while waited for the park to open, but we already saw lines forming at rides.

Great that the crowds were manageable. Yes, I am curious too how early they let you in the parks. We could not snag FoP for AK next month, so hoping to do a rope drop and not have a 2 hours wait. Thanks
I think you would need to arrive very early. We arrived 45 minutes early to AK, and the line at FOP was already ridiculous, so we just got on Navi River Journey since we did have a FOP FP for later in the day.

Just wanted to step in here and say hello to you from another Texan Disney fanatic!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter