Just Back~Part 1~BWPPI/TICKET/AP/EE/CROWDS

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Our Trip: Tues. June 21st at Downtown Disney and June 22nd – 24th (Wed.-Fri.) in the parks. All the below is just our experience, me, hubby, and 4 year old princess. If you want more details or info PLEASE feel free to message me! I’m sure I forgot SOMETHING  Thanks to everyone for all their posts, info, and help. We had a GREAT time and I’d like to add our trip info for others planning.

HOTEL: Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites. Just as expected and even a little better. The staff was AWESOME! Not anything like the reviews on trip advisor, of course we’re all going to have different experiences since we all go on different days and deal with different staff (and of course they are human too and have bad days as well). Upon arrival there were 2 families ahead of me and I was told by 2 different staff members that someone would be with me shortly. Very polite! Check in was smooth and fast!
We got a mini suite, 311, and were close to the elevator (3 doors down), parking (just below us), the pool, and the front of the hotel which made it nice at the end of the day. The room was clean, SMELLED clean, no bugs to be found, I checked the toilet right away and it was fine, not hair in the tub or sinks, just clean!
That night I crawled into bed and they were SOOOO comfortable. We seriously slept SO well in regards to comfort. They were doing renovation or construction or something. I didn’t ask but every morning EARLY there was construction noise. It didn’t really bother us as we were up and getting ready for the day.
The only thing that was weird was the height of the shower head. It is REALLY low and I’m not sure why. Would it prevent me from staying there again, NO WAY! But it was really low!
Pool was just fine! I really wasn’t planning on swimming at all (we’re there for Disneyland) but my daughter wanted to swim EVERYDAY! She loved going down to the pool, cooling off, and meeting new friends! LOTS OF KIDS and it’s on the smaller size, but I went in knowing that! They had plenty of towels available, lounges (sun and shade) and I just relaxed on one of those while I watched her swim. Clean area, clean pool, and just fine for a little cool off/break mid day! Which leads me to the walk, Holy Smokes this was an easy walk, closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel, which we also did.
Again, message me if you have any questions!

TICKETS/ANNUAL PASS/EE: I had purchased the last 3 days of a 5 day hopper pass from a family on Ebay for $325.00 and the family delivered them to our hotel the day before we arrived (BWPPI) I even called that day to confirm the envelope was there with tickets inside. The gal said YEP, IT’S HERE! However when we arrive the next day and the envelope was no where to be found  I did NOT stress and even went up to the room to get settled, leaving them to hunt and contact workers from the previous day to see where it might have been placed! Unfortunately they just couldn’t find them and offered us this solution: Our entire hotel for 4 nights came to $636.00 not including taxes (for the mini suite) and the cost of 2A and 1C 5 day hoppers came to $597.00. She said that if we would go and purchase our tickets at the gate that she would comp our entire stay. The difference going towards the inconvenience it caused us. That was so nice and of course we got a smokin’ deal!!

The next morning, our first day in the park (Wednesday), I went up to the ticket gal to tell her that I have our 5 day hopper tickets in hand and have a 7:30am PS for the Royal Princess Breakfast, but that we didn’t want to use our EE, we wanted to save it for the next day (Thursday). She said that Thursday there would NOT be an EE?!?!?! I was like WHAT?? She said that because the night before was Grad Night that it would be cancelled. So I said, ok, we’ll use it now. We hand her the tickets (the ones we bought JUST the day before from the ticket booths out front) and she said we did NOT have EE on those tickets?!?!?! I was freaking out (but not showing it). I said I thought that all hopper tickets 3 days + had EE. She said ours did not?!?!?! Behind the woman was a manager of some kind and she waved him over. It was 7:15am at this time and I told him that we HAD tickets that had EE on them but that the hotel lost them and we had to buy these, he then allowed us to enter saying that if it was a mix up with the hotel then he would honor it! I did NOT raise hell just told them what happened and what I had and it all went smoothly. NONE of this was expected and I STILL don’t understand what happened with the tickets. I never had a chance to ask about it, does anyone know?

CROWDS: Disneyland was crowded and I expected it would just be 3 days of long lines but oddly enough it wasn’t that bad. The most helpful info I can give is go for at least 2 days, preferably 3 – 4 especially if you’ve never been. I am NOT a first timer and 3 days was perfect, giving us several early mornings (less crowded park) and an Early Entry Day. Many prior posts spoke of heading over to CA when crowds got to be too much and that advice was a life saver!
Food lines were just as CRAZY!! I did find a little corn dog stand tucked back at the end of Main Street between Plaza Inn and the Photo Store. It rarely had lines and you could get a huge corn dog, chips, and a soda. I used that outlet twice during our visit for a quick meal.
CA was NOT bad at all and a nice breath of fresh air when we’d had enough over at Disneyland 

Glad that things went pretty well despite a few mixups. My understanding is that only park hoppers purchased in advance have EE, not the ones purchased at the gate.

That is so weird...I had not clue...but yes all worked out despite the mix ups. The most important thing was not to let those little things bother me and to just enjoy the vacation :) It all worked out when I went in with that attitude :)

Thank you for all your info on the Park Place Inn as we're staying there in August. It sounds good - all we want is a clean room/bathroom, a comfy bed and a pool to cool off in. I've heard the breakfast is good - would you agree?
So glad you had a great trip.

You are very welcome! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!! But if all you're worried about is clean room/bathroom, a comfy bed and a pool to cool off in then you won't be disappointed!

We didn't do the breakfast during the whole trip. I had grapes, beagals w/cream chesse, juice, milk and the like at the hotel and we ate quick so we could get to the park area by 7:30am each morning.

My mom went down to the captain kids buffet for 8 dollars or so and said it wasn't bad at all? (right next door) I heard so many posts that this resturant was aweful so I avoided it! But then my mom said it wasn't bad?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter