Just back - Princess Fairytale Hall Photos??

Mommy2Corinne

DIS Veteran
We used our FP+ to see Rapunzel (and Snow White) on Friday 9/20 (there was a 65 minute standby wait :scared1: but we were able to get right in :thumbsup2) at the new Princess Fairytale Hall. It was beautiful! I love the stone walls and the drapery and the storybook table.

But...did anyone else think that the pictures turn our really dark/weirdly colored in there? At first I thought it was operator error on my husband's part when I saw the pics he took with our camera (Canon Rebel T4i). They are dark and have a reddish/pink tinge to them.

But today, I viewed our PhotoPass pictures, and they look very much the same. Dark and oddly colored. And it was two different PP photographers...one for Rapunzel and a different one for Snow White. So it wasn't as if it was just one not so great PP photographer who was having a problem.

It's kind of a bummer that the setting is so gorgeous but that it doesn't seem to be translating well into photos.

Did anyone else have a similar photo issue in Fairytale Hall?

That's not good! I hope they fix it.

What time was the standby 65 minutes at? My DD's top 2 things are to meet Rapunzel and Enchanted Tales with Belle. I'm thinking at Rope drop we'll grab a fast pass for Belle and head right to Rapunzel. Or do you think we should do the opposite? Everyone wants to go to Belle, but at least one adult wouldn't mind skipping Rapunzel in the interest of grabbing our fast passes.

What time was the standby 65 minutes at? My DD's top 2 things are to meet Rapunzel and Enchanted Tales with Belle. I'm thinking at Rope drop we'll grab a fast pass for Belle and head right to Rapunzel. Or do you think we should do the opposite? Everyone wants to go to Belle, but at least one adult wouldn't mind skipping Rapunzel in the interest of grabbing our fast passes.

65 minute standby was before we had lunch so around 10:45 or so if I recall? Our FP+ for Rapunzel was for 10:00 to 11:00. We actually did Rapunzel, then ETWB (which was SO cute BTW...my daughter was "Chip" and she was such a ham and was in heaven being so close to Belle), and the we had a FP for lunch at BOG. We had FP+ for both ETWB and Rapunzel, so we didn't really have to worry about which one to pull first. But if I did, I think I would pull FP for Belle and then hit Rapunzel I think? Hope you have as much fun as we did. :)

There are no paper fastpasses for Belle. You can only do FP+ with Belle so if you have MagicBands you should choose that as one of your 3. We did Rapunzel FP today and did not wait at all.

I'll have to check my pictures we used two different cameras and PP.

I don't know how long you plan to stay in the park, but the ETWB line gets much shorter as the night goes on

There are no paper fastpasses for Belle. You can only do FP+ with Belle so if you have MagicBands you should choose that as one of your 3. We did Rapunzel FP today and did not wait at all.

Ahh. That makes sense with Belle then. I was glad to have the FP+...we only waited for about 5 minutes. What was standby for Rapunzel when you were there? I'm curious to see if it's still as high as it was on Friday or if that was a fluke. And I'm curious about your pictures too.

Thanks for telling me! I had missed that info somehow. We did not luck into a resort that is testing the bands this trip.

I don't know how long you plan to stay in the park, but the ETWB line gets much shorter as the night goes on

We're going on a party night, so we'll need to leave by 7. Depending how the youngest is doing, we'll either leave for a nap early afternoon and come back for the last few hours or (more likely) leave late afternoon to hang at the resort and then maybe watch the HalloWishes from TTC later.

65 minute standby was before we had lunch so around 10:45 or so if I recall? Our FP+ for Rapunzel was for 10:00 to 11:00. We actually did Rapunzel, then ETWB (which was SO cute BTW...my daughter was "Chip" and she was such a ham and was in heaven being so close to Belle), and the we had a FP for lunch at BOG. We had FP+ for both ETWB and Rapunzel, so we didn't really have to worry about which one to pull first. But if I did, I think I would pull FP for Belle and then hit Rapunzel I think? Hope you have as much fun as we did. :)

Thanks for the info! Based on the feedback above, we'll run right to Belle and use Fastpass for Rapunzel later. DD is over-the-moon excited about ETWB. :)

To the OP:
The pictures we got were pretty decent, but I keep my flash OFF majority of the time in Disney, and I've only got a Canon SX 260. I can't remember what the pp's look like, but I'm sure the photographers have to get used to the lighting in there as it is a little different from other areas.

The old rooms had some issues with lighting too, being mainly directly top lit and not diagonally (like a stage] it washed out some pictures of mine, and Tiana's glen is really bad once the lights come on when it's dark, everything's tinged red. Who knows?

Sorry your pictures didn't turn out great! Hopefully by next time they will have worked out the kinks!

We used our FP+ to see Rapunzel (and Snow White) on Friday 9/20 (there was a 65 minute standby wait :scared1: but we were able to get right in :thumbsup2) at the new Princess Fairytale Hall. It was beautiful! I love the stone walls and the drapery and the storybook table.

But...did anyone else think that the pictures turn our really dark/weirdly colored in there? At first I thought it was operator error on my husband's part when I saw the pics he took with our camera (Canon Rebel T4i). They are dark and have a reddish/pink tinge to them.

But today, I viewed our PhotoPass pictures, and they look very much the same. Dark and oddly colored. And it was two different PP photographers...one for Rapunzel and a different one for Snow White. So it wasn't as if it was just one not so great PP photographer who was having a problem.

It's kind of a bummer that the setting is so gorgeous but that it doesn't seem to be translating well into photos.

Did anyone else have a similar photo issue in Fairytale Hall?

My pictures didn't come out the greatest either. It was disappointing. They seemed dull! PFtH was gorgeous. I loved the artwork in the queue area.

My FP pictures that I ordered (circus tent minnie and goofy) came out weird, they have a serious pinkish tone to them, and they are not sharp and clear as one would expect. Last time I order them, most likely, unless I see something fantastic.

So no regular FP for Belle at all? Hmmm, well, we're planning on going there first thing or possibly late on the one day we're at MK on a party night since we're not attending the party so we should be ok, but still......Priorities are changing a bit with the new Princess FairyTale Hall. I'm still excited to see it!!

So no regular FP for Belle at all? Hmmm, well, we're planning on going there first thing or possibly late on the one day we're at MK on a party night since we're not attending the party so we should be ok, but still......Priorities are changing a bit with the new Princess FairyTale Hall. I'm still excited to see it!!

Nope.

My FP pictures that I ordered (circus tent minnie and goofy) came out weird, they have a serious pinkish tone to them, and they are not sharp and clear as one would expect. Last time I order them, most likely, unless I see something fantastic.

The lighting is horrible in that Circus tent meet and greet for photos- especially on the Minnie and Daisy side. Our photopass pictures from there last December were bad too, as were our ones with our regular camera. Goofy's lighting seemed to be a little better.

I'm disappointed to hear that WDW's FairyTale Hall Photos aren't coming out well either. We went to DL's version of the new FairyTale Hall this summer and the pictures were horrible because of the small space, dark paneling and poor lighting- there are shadows over the Princesses faces where you can't even see Ariel's or Cinderella's faces in the photopass pictures and in our pictures. We got one decent shot with Sleeping Beauty. I was hoping WDW's photos would turn out better, since it looks like the meet and greet space is a little bigger and has a fake window which has a small amount of back lighting and is not as dark as the paneling.

when we were there Cinderella and Auroras side was a 10 minute wait and Rapunzel and snow white was 35 minutes (this was Monday the 23rd at 11:17Am ...I know because the photo pass photos have the fancy new time stamp above them lol ) our photos look like they have pink spotlights on the characters maybe? I'll see if I can upload a photo although they are bad and have shadows

DSC_0491.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can't figure out the lighting in there. I was in the 5x (!!) over the course of two days and snapped a lot of photos. I have a new camera and I don't understand all the settings yet. I think forcing a flash would help, but I wasn't able to get my camera to do that each time.

The images come out very very red and very hot. Even in PhotoShop I'm not able to adjust them too well.

I haven't checked them on PhotoPass website yet.

This seems to be the worst of my photos. I wonder if setting a white balance when going into the room would help.

DSCN1143.JPG

DSCN1145.JPG

DSCN1190.JPG

DSCN1183.JPG

FastPass was a must on the day we visited. Rapunzel's side had 50+ waits. The other side wasn't too bad.

The Princes join their ladies during MNSSHP. I really hope my PhotoPass pic with Flynn & Rapunzel turned out well because the PhotoPass photog blurred the pic on my camera something awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter