Just back Terminal C, Alamo, JetBlue

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Just returned on 5/8. We used JetBlue from Boston to MCO. Flights were both completely full but both left and arrived on time. We had several schedule changes to our flights but understandable since we book flights as soon as I complete our DVC reservation at 11 months. I was a bit nervous about this trip since my travel buddy and best friend has serious mobility issues. She had a wheelchair booked with JB for both legs of our flights. We had no issues getting the wheelchair and someone to take care of her.Terminal C is just as people have reported, beautiful but massive and involves a lot of walking. Many people I asked for directions had no idea of where to direct me and the woman assisting my friend with the wheelchair insisted that there "were no cars to pick up in Terminal C". Luggage came a bit slowly but not much different than past trips. I went to pick up our rental and left my friend outside with our luggage while I went for the car. I had booked a mid-size with Alamo. They did not have any small cars and told me to take either a full-size or SUV. Easy and excellent customer service on both pickup and dropoff.We used "Skip the counter". Alamo was about $30 more than a couple of other agencies but worth the extra for ease of use and condition of their vehicles. I found it easy to negotiate the airport roads on both arrival and departure. Well marked roads and way less traffic than terminals A & B. I hope this helps anyone using the new terminal. After countless trips I was apprehensive about the logistics with this one with the new terminal and my friends limitations. It went better than expected.

Last edited:
Just returned on 5/8. We used JetBlue from Boston to MCO. Flights were both completely full but both left and arrived on time. We had several schedule changes to our flights but understandable since we book flights as soon as I complete our DVC reservation at 11 months. I was a bit nervous about this trip since my travel buddy and best friend has serious mobility issues. She had a wheelchair booked with JB for both legs of our flights. We had no issues getting the wheelchair and someone to take care of her.Terminal C is just as people have reported, beautiful but massive and involves a lot of walking. Many people I asked for directions had no idea of where to direct me and the woman assisting my friend with the wheelchair insisted that there "were no cars to pick up in Terminal C". Luggage came a bit slowly but not much different than past trips. I went to pick up our rental and left my friend outside with our luggage while I went for the car. I had booked a mid-size with Alamo. They did not have any small cars and told me to take either a full-size or SUV. Easy and excellent customer service on both pickup and dropoff.We used "Skip the counter". Alamo was about $30 more than a couple of other agencies but worth the extra for ease of use and condition of their vehicles. I found it easy to negotiate the airport roads on both arrival and departure. Well marked roads and way less traffic than terminals A & B. I hope this helps anyone using the new terminal. After countless trips I was apprehensive about the logistics with this one with the new terminal and my friends limitations. It went better than expected.
Terminal C now has rental car desks and cars to pick up there? How far is it from baggage claim? Thanks for the tip about choosing Alamo.

Yes there are definately cars there. I used the "Skip the Counter" but there are desks available if you need to use them. It was not too bad from the baggage claim but the whole terminal is huge and requires a lot of walking.

This is the first time one of the members of our party will be using a wheelchair. Does the person wait on the plane until they are called or do they get off plane to meet the wheelchair assistant? Thanks.

I had requested a wheel chair on my friends JetBlue reservation. She walked from her seat to the wheelchair. You have to wait to deplane til after everyone gets off. The wheelchair was right there waiting for her when we landed and they brought her to baggage and then out to where I picked her up with our rental. She tipped all the wheelchair attendants.It was the first time this was necessary. I was more than leery about how it would all transpire but everyone we encountered on both ends of our trip was incredibly helpful and gracious.

Those Jetblue gates are quite a walk. Love the terminal though. I just bought a spinner carryon instead of the duffle I usually use. We check bags for free so a duffle was usually enough for my iPad and whatnot to have in the cabin. It’s going to be nice to be able to wheel must stuff instead :rotfl:

I had requested a wheel chair on my friends JetBlue reservation. She walked from her seat to the wheelchair. You have to wait to deplane til after everyone gets off. The wheelchair was right there waiting for her when we landed and they brought her to baggage and then out to where I picked her up with our rental. She tipped all the wheelchair attendants.It was the first time this was necessary. I was more than leery about how it would all transpire but everyone we encountered on both ends of our trip was incredibly helpful and gracious.
Thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter