Just Back - Where We Ate

MEM

DIS Veteran
Just back from 5 days at WDW, 10/27-11/1. Because it was a budget trip, we had no PS before we left.

Food Court at POR - cheesesteak was good. chicken strips were same as everywhere else on Disney property. cheesecake and pecan pie were good. used vouchers and broke even.

Boatwright's at POR - made a PS after we arrived at POR. We decided to sleep in on the morning of our MNSSHP tickets. I had the sweet potato pancakes with pecan butter and side of bacon -- they were delicious but very filling. DH had the blueprint omelet -- you design your own -- he thought it was very good. DD had the Mickey head pancake -- she inhaled it. DS had the kid's french toast -- he was not used to the texture of French toast but I thought it was very good. Server Nelson was excellent.

50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch - made PS the night before. DH and I shared the fried chicken and yukon gold mashed potatoes both of which were very good. DH ate all of the barely steamed green beans...too raw for me. DD and DS had the kid's chicken nuggets. I had the chocolate shake -- excellent and super-thick. DH had the chocolate malt - also excellent. No dessert. Server was playing the role of snippy older sister. ..did not add or detract from the experience. My one suggestion for this place is a better way to call out the name of your party. The place was mobbed and super loud and they have one person trying to be heard above the din.

Flame Tree BBQ - DH and I split the pulled beef sandwich and DS and DD shared the BBQ chicken sandwich. Food was good, buns alittle soggy. Used vouchers and broke even.

Epcot Food and Wine Festival -- we made meals out of this on 3 separate occasions. Really no bad food in the bunch. The cold foods were kept very cold and the hot foods very hot -- I worry about food poisoning at such events. I highly recommend this to any one who has not done it. There is plenty of food that kids would like, esp. Dan Dan noodles in China, pizza in Italy, ham and cheese on bread in Spain and shrimp and lamb in Australia (at least, my kids 8 and 10 enjoyed it). I bought the cookbook at the Festival Center but not all recipes are in it :-(

Mmmm, Pecan Pie - one of my favs. Now I want some. LOL
Thanks for the reviews. :)

Thanks for the reviews. We stayed at POR last December and had the sweet potato pancakes at Boatwrights too, they were so good.

Hi,

My daughter was at F&W this past Saturday and LOVED the poached salmon with cucumbers and sauce. She loved it SO much, she had it THREE times instead of trying many other things. I think she said it was at Scandanavia. If there's any way possible you could post the recipe (if it was in the booklet), I would surely appreciate it! I wish I'd have known about the recipe booklet as I surely would have asked her to buy it.

I enjoyed reading your reviews, Thanks for sharing. The sweet potato pancakes sound interesting.

I enjoy that Blueprint Omelet too.

Thanks for your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter