Just Back WL (BRV) Aug 12-19

DisneyCAL

DIS Veteran
The Good, The Not so Good, and the Annoying....
Crowds: Were heavier than expected at MK but not so much at Epcot. I think with so many EMM and EMH there really isnt that oppurtunity to do rope drop and ride things multiple times anymore.

Cleanliness: Found all bathrooms and pathways to be cleaned and functional.

Transportation: I have to say there were no problems with boats, monorails, or buses this trip. In fact I found the buses to be rather nice as far as available seating and timing. Monorails seemed to be a lot better without breakdowns and the AC was improved.

Cast Members: Had no issues with castmembers, all were either cheerful, helpful, or kind.

Resort: We fell in love with Wilderness Lodge. It is beyond beautiful there. I could do a non park trip there easily. Pools were great and so was the food options. Loved sitting at Geisers with a drink. Loved the wildlife (including the cutest darn armadillo ever). BRV was fabulous with the best view ever. The only gripe was housekeeping was lacking a bit in comparison to other trips.

Rides: We rode pretty much everything we had hoped to except for Everest, Dinosaur and Test Track. Test Track was for inclement weather so I wont gripe much on that (you cant control the weather). But DH will probably not go back to AK for awhile now since we spent a whole first half of the day with a park that had only half its rides working. Yes they gave us a multiple experience pass but guess what?, the rides we could choose from were down, and Everest never came back the entire day. Luckily there are animals to look at! And might not ever go on PeopleMover again after the cart collided with ours, didnt feel relaxed or safe for the rest of that ride which is a shame cause I used to love it.

Favorite Moments: Donald Duck talking Duck with DS8 and playing with him at Tusker House, Snow White playing peek a boo with my nephew at Storybook Dining, riding Splash twice in a row, eating around the world showcases to use up our snacks on the last day, and listening to awesome mix live and British Revolution, spotting an armidillo (we're from the north), two days at typhoon lagoon!

Wilderness Lodge and Boulder Creek Villas is our choice for Disney deluxe accommodations. Love that place!

Happy the week went well enough for you.

Wow! The People Mover is my favorite ride. That's awful that a train ran into you guys.

We love TL too, so much fun.

Wow! The People Mover is my favorite ride. That's awful that a train ran into you guys.

We love TL too, so much fun.
I like peoplemover but I think it needs some tlc. The ride stopped and our cart moved backwards about a foot. We waited about 5 minutes and then they announced it would start soon. Well the cart behind was moving but we weren’t yet. Luckily we were at the front of ours and I could see it coming. It hit us and then ours began moving again. Then it stopped again towards the end of the ride so I was paranoid it was gonna happen again. I did let the cast member know what happened when we got off.

I like peoplemover but I think it needs some tlc. The ride stopped and our cart moved backwards about a foot. We waited about 5 minutes and then they announced it would start soon. Well the cart behind was moving but we weren’t yet. Luckily we were at the front of ours and I could see it coming. It hit us and then ours began moving again. Then it stopped again towards the end of the ride so I was paranoid it was gonna happen again. I did let the cast member know what happened when we got off.

That would be scary! I have been stopped on the people mover many times and did notice that we went backwards before starting up again. I have never been hit by another train though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter