Just back & yum, yum, yum!

Suedrews

Mouseketeer
We just returned from 8 yummy days at CBR & had the BEST dining experiences. You know, we can all agree that it is not inexpensive to eat in the world. But, you get so much bang for your buck. Here are the following places we ate:

Food Court at CBR - great sandwiches (chicken salad, turkey w/ cranberry-mayo dressing) & huge cookies ($1.89 but worth it). Also, the Buffalo Chicken Tender sandwich was soooo delicious (my mouth is watering now). Of course, we got the mugs for $10.99. Lots of fun to eat poolside.

O'Hanas - We give this a 9+. Between the atmosphere, servers, & food, this place was out of this world. I loved the peanut sauce for dipping. My son loved the fruit sauce. We were so full & all this food was sitting in front of us. We just wanted to stay for another hour until we got our second wind. My daughter loved the rice & our server signed her autograph book "to Lindsay, my rice girl". This is something she will always remember! We walked around the Poly & got the bug to stay there next time!

1900 Park Faire - Cinderella's Gala Feast. Also delicious food. I especially loved the shrimp alfredo. Tried the strawberry soup everyone raves about, but I thought it tasted like melted strawberry ice cream. The prime rib melted in your mouth. In regard to the characters, they were very interactive. One tip: we had the first seating at 5:00 & got there at like 4:30. We checked in & could sit almost immediately. The characters were fresh & relaxed. We had them almost to ourselves. It was Cinderella, Prince Charming, both mice, the fairy Godmother & out in the hallway Goofy. We sat right at the doorway as you come in so when there was no one in the hallway, my daughter could just step outside & have Goofy & Perla to herself. Very pleasant experience!

50's Prime Time - Great experience! We didn't have a PS, but figured it couldn't hurt to try. We had to wait 30 minutes, maybe less for a table. My family couldn't believe I knew about these unique places. It was entirely because of the DIS. "ANDREWS KIDS! TIME FOR LUNCH!" We got such a kick out of that. I had the chicken pot pie, dd6 had chicken noodle soup, ds14 had fried chicken, & DH had stacker sandwich. All delicious! Waitress called my son Sparky & made him set the table. We all finished our plates, but neighbors did not & waitress fed one lady salad. An experience the family will never forget!

ESPN Club - Very good. The best part was the simulcast for the opening of College Football. They did their show on the air with cameras all around. My son was able to ask a question. It was the favorite part of the trip for DH. Once again, in disney it is being in the right place at the right time. You never know what is around the corner. We had no idea this would be going on.

WS - we ate in Norway (a special bread with butter & cinnamon sugar called Lefsa (sp?) at Kringla Bakeri, in France (quiche) at Boulangerie Patisserie, & Japan @ Yakitori House (yuk! Worst food I had the whole week. Starchy white rice & chicken) DH had beers in Morocco, Germany, Japan & UK.

Wolfgang Puck Express - We ate here during one of our many monsoons. Very good. The garlic mashed potatoes were to die for.

If anyone has any questions for me, ask away. We had such a good time. This is just returning the favor, since I got all my good ideas from all of you! Anyway, back to reality!

Susan in Buffalo

Sounds like you had a very "tasty" trip!! Just wondering, we are thinking of O'hanas on our next trip but our son is only 4 & a fairly picky eater. What are the kids choices? Thanks!

The starters are possibly foods he would eat. Chicken wings (very meaty), rice, vegetable stir fry, won ton type of thingy. The meats they serve are turkey, beef, pork & shrimp (I know that's not meat, but you know what I mean). I also believe they can get you a kids meal from one of their other restaurants at the Poly. I didn't even give that option to my 6 year old.

Oh ya, I forgot one other restaurant we really love, Tusker House in AK. We ate there last time too. We used that $11.99 deal where you get an entre, drink, popcorn or ice cream, & soda or water. Great deal we thought. DH had grilled salmon w/ green bean & rice, DS14 had chicken sandwich w/ fries, DD6 had pb&j (hers was only $5.99), & I had 1/2 chicken w/ mashed potatoes & green beans. Out of this world.

I have 2 questions about the Cinderella Gala Feast: Is this a buffet or do they bring the food to you? Also, how is the children's menu?

YUM! :)

Great reviews! 50's Prime Time is a favorite of mine for good basic food and fun atmosphere!

Can't wait to try 'Ohana for the first time - we have an early PS before MNSSHP.

hi rjordan.....this is a buffet & the kids have their own little section....chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, mac & cheese, pizza....my daughter ate chicken nuggets & was so distracted by what was going on, I was glad she ate that....there was also a "make your own sundae" area.....let's put it this way....we paid for the atmosphere in her case.....the rest of us enjoyed the food alot!

Thank you for your great reviews! I also enjoy 50s Prime Time. I can't wait to try 1900 Park Fare for the first time in December....you were making my mouth water talking about the prime rib!

Thanx for the wonderful reviews.

We are eating at 1900 Park Fare for the first time in October ~ can't wait now.

Thanks for the great reviews!

---Suedrews,

Thanks for the response regarding Cinderella's Gala Feast. We are arriving late afternoon and plan on doing this character dinner to kick off our vacation. We have a 3 year old in our party and we think she'll do better with the "face" characters so we thought this would be a great start. The selections sound great! Thanks again for posting!

~Roberta

How was the Lefse in Norway? Was going to try that when we go :) The description I read said it was a kind of potato bread... Was it a portion big enough to share?

For the good informational post,you made me hungry.Wish I was at WDW.:earsboy: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave:

Hi Fferret.....picture a soft shell taco rolled up.....if they didn't describe it as potato bread, I would have thought it was a taco shell....you get 2 to an order so we all took a few bites.....it was good, but my mouth wouldn't water for it now....fun to say we ate something in Norway though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter