Just booked a last minute trip! First time with our TT

Hey, congrats on that score! I agree that the last minute trips seem to be more exciting than the ones we plan months in advance.

Welcome to camping at the Fort!

I'm live in Ontario, Canada and Disney Canadian website had the sites for 56.00 week day and 62 weekend - score - we have 2 days each worth of tickets so we thought why not! We will do MNSHP too. The big expense will be the gas - the furthest we have ever hauld our TT is 3 hours. I'm finding it hard to estamate, especially having to drive through the virginia mountains. Oh well hopefully it won't be to crazy.

Toronto to FW is 1300 miles one way-

I drive 1100 from stl. I use blended guess - I normally get 8-10 mpg- last trip I had a southern/easterly wind - gulp - got like 6.5/7 mpg

1300/8= 162 gallons * $3.50 = $568 one way.... :drive:

so I would budget 1200 for gas.

Map out your flying J or Loves gas stations per your route. makes life better than small gas station with 2 pumps and really tight turns...

Hi Marcy,

We travel to Fort Wilderness from Kingston, ON several times a year.

We tow a car behind our motor home and get 8 mpg - US Gallons

Gasoline for the round trip costs between $1,200 and $1,600 depending on price levels south of the border.

You will love The Fort! Have a ball!

Going Sept 26 to October 4 - so excited :)

Hope you have a great trip! FYI, try to fill up with gas at least twice in SC, as they usually have the cheapest fuel - VA is a good place to stop also, usually.

We love Flying J's - very easy to maneuver.

Thanks for the information everyone. We are really excited to get going I'm going to do the research and find out where the flying J stations are along on the way that sounds like a great idea.

Marcy Mouse we too are from Ontario ( Oakville) and are leaving on Sept 19th for our trip. will arrive on the 24th to the 3rd. Look for the Canadain Flag out and stop in and say hi

We drove a class A last year, and gas was $958 and that left us with some in the tank at home.

year before pulling hybrid it was $ 872

http://www.gasbuddy.com/Trip_Calculator.aspx site is helful and then I go on line and find the pilot and Flying J close.

Which way are you thinking of travelling? Where are you leaving from?

Depending on where your leaving from, we could offer somemore insite.

Congrats! :goodvibes
I was going to go then too, but decided to bump it up to next week instead. Just couldn't wait! LOL!

Congrats on the score! Have a great trip!

And ditto on the Flying J's - we have the app on our phones and the co-pilot looks up the next one. The app will list out features at the different stations, and we always prefer the ones with the RV lanes.

Marcy Mouse we too are from Ontario ( Oakville) and are leaving on Sept 19th for our trip. will arrive on the 24th to the 3rd. Look for the Canadain Flag out and stop in and say hi

We drove a class A last year, and gas was $958 and that left us with some in the tank at home.

year before pulling hybrid it was $ 872

http://www.gasbuddy.com/Trip_Calculator.aspx site is helful and then I go on line and find the pilot and Flying J close.

Which way are you thinking of travelling? Where are you leaving from?

Depending on where your leaving from, we could offer somemore insite.

We will only have our bikes so I'm no sure how many loops we will get to but if we see your flag we wi definitely stop in.

Same goes for u - we have a Springdale and a dark blue f150 and we are booked into the full hook up site.

Ps did u see the sites are discounted on disneyworld.ca

Marcy

we too are booked in a full site, requested loop 1600. We might be neighbours

I got the CAA discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter