Just booked BLT at 7 month window

happyrebster

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just a note to say that I just booked BLT using 7 month window. Got a 1 bedroom park view for May 6 - 10th. Super excited! It was my first try going for BLT and I was so happy to get it! Surprised, though I know it is a relatively quiet time of year.

What have others experienced so far? Are only the standard views very difficult to book?

Twice I have gotten what I wanted at BLT once I couldn't get all my days and waitlisting was not an option for me because we do a multi family trip so we couldn't risk one room coming through and the other family being in a different resort. All the trips were November trips the week before Thanksgiving.

Actually May is a pretty busy time at WDW.
I just booked (day before yesterday) a BLT Theme park view at the 7 month window--May 5 through May 12!!!

Congrats! We recently booked a standard view at the 7 month window. Can't wait for our first BLT visit.

Congrats! We recently booked a standard view at the 7 month window. Can't wait for our first BLT visit.

Wow! Good for you! These were booked for our stay, so I splurged for the theme park view. We don't make it down to Florida often.

I am very excited for BLT. It seems awesome.:cool1:

Yay! I hope we get some of that pixie dust next month! We are hoping for a 2 bedroom at BLT. My sister has booked a 2 bedroom at 11 months at BLT and we hope to link reservations for a multi-generation family trip.

I hope you have a great trip!

I booked a lake view studio at the 7 month mark for mid-March, which is a very busy time. At about the 6 month mark I called back to add on a night and there was still availability. Quite happy!

Thanks so much to the folks who have been posting their experiences here with booking BLT at seven or fewer months. I was thinking about an (expensive) BLT add-on, but have been trying to gauge that against how difficult the place is to book at 7 months out. I realize, of course, that much depends on view, time of year, etc. But these stories are rather encouraging. Encouraging enough, at least, that I don't think I will add on just yet. I'll wait until our May trip and see how much I like it. If it's total love at first sight, then I might consider it; but we rarely book farther out than 7 months. So it would be hard for me to justify the premium price that BLT is currently fetching on both the resale and direct markets.

Man, I love DVC. Really have enjoyed how many different resorts I've been able to visit with it.

We had a 2 bedroom dedicated for the 2010 Marathon weekend, lake view. This year our waitlist for Marathon weekend hasn't come through. I've been able to get lake view studio as well as a 1 bedroom lake view, for 2 and 3 nights respectively for later in January 2012.

I don't own at BLT, but it is a treat to stay there sometimes!

This past Sunday we booked a studio BLT theme park view for 4 nights {at the 7 month mark} for May 2012! The cm told me that there were only a few left!
:banana:

Here's a possible explanation: BLT has been open for over two years now so the "newness" has faded a little. I would bet that a good number of owners that bought to secure the Theme Park view have already stayed in a Theme Park view room. The premium for that view is quite high, so many owners are now booking Lake view (or standard view) to conserve some points.

I own at BLT and have stayed three times with a Theme Park view. I have my next trip booked as a lake view.

I called this morning to see what was available in a studio for April 28 to may 1st...they had all 3 views available:goodvibes.....we went with the lake view

it seems to me that now almost every time is a busy time. One would think with all the low sales and forclosures you read about there would be more availability. I thought booking in Oct would be lots of avail but no due to Food and Wine....always something but that's what I love, too.

We just booked a 1br from May 4-8 with a MK view. Last year in Feb we got a 1br for the Destination-D event May 13-17. I didn't think I was going to like it, but the location was so convenient and the 2 bathrooms rocks! I don't think I'll buy there, but I do like staying!

Just a note to say that I just booked BLT using 7 month window. Got a 1 bedroom park view for May 6 - 10th. Super excited! It was my first try going for BLT and I was so happy to get it! Surprised, though I know it is a relatively quiet time of year.

What have others experienced so far? Are only the standard views very difficult to book?

Congrats on your score!!!! :cool1: We were able to book a MKV GV for April last month!! :worship: I was very worried as others on these boards said I wouldn't get it! They also said that I wouldn't be able to book two MKV 2 bedrooms if the GV fell thru. When I booked the GV last month I asked about availability of other rooms just so I could report back here and they had plenty of MKV rooms available! Just goes to show you that you don't know for sure until you try!!! ;)
Best wishes!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter