Just booked for my 24 hour leap day challenge

DisneyDreamer2

DIS Veteran
I did it! I have decided to try and survive the entire 24 hours in Disneyland on Febuary 29th and ride every single ride and see every show in that 24 hours (sans the Matterhorn which is under refurbishment). I booked the hotel and airfare today! I'm leaving the hubby and 6 kids at home (none of them thought they could last a full 24 hours awake) and my best friend is flying in from Boise to meet me there!

I really hope Disneyland rises to the occasion and makes this an extra special day and night. I figure this will always make a great story to tell- how I spent a full 24 hours in the park and rode every ride! I promised the kids I would video blog every hour of our adventures.

Is anyone else going and taking it as a challenge?

I asked my daughter how am I going to stay awake? She told me that I have to start training for it. :yay: That and I plan to bring an entire suitcase of Dr. Pepper! :cool1:

Hope to meet some of you there! We can watch the sun rise over Space Mountain!

I will be attempting this three hours ahead of you at WDW! I have been trying to think about what I want to do to commemorate each hour.

I was also considering ingesting copious amounts of Diet Mt. Dew.

:rotfl:

On a more serious note, has anyone had any experience with using something like 5 Hour Energy? I thought something like that might help.

I've never had a problem staying awake for 24 hours :) Then I crash and sleep the whole day on the weekend...

I wish I was close to DL or WDW to even attempt to do this...

Seems like people doing this should set up Twitter accounts and send tweets all night long so we can get a feel for how things are going. :idea: I'm thinking about 4am or so the tweets would be real interesting. :surfweb:

I can't wait to hear how it goes! You could take a picture every hour. By the end it will probably be a picture of the ground! Or possibly the sky because you just fell to the ground! :rotfl: I'd love pictures of what other people are doing in the park every hour. Are they asleep on the bench? Dragging themselves down Main Street?

So here is the big question- Did you get a room for that 24 hours just in case? I guess you would have to have to so you had somewhere to crash the next morning.

Well my 15 year old set me up a twitter account so I can tweet my doings and post a pic every hour ;). We decided that the Haunted Mansion would be an easy place for a quick 12 minute nap, it's dark and you can rest your head in the back of the doom buggy.

Yes we have a hotel room across the street booked for the 28th through the 2nd, so we can get a good nights sleep the night before and then come back and just sleep, zzzzzzzz, after they kick us out at 6am!

If they don't offer a t shirt for surviving this, I am sooo going to make my own. :) I have a feeling that at 4am, after 22 hours without sleep, even it's a small world is going to be a totally new experience. :rotfl2:

Actually, I am AnnjanetteW on twitter. My daughter set it up for me a few months ago after I made round 2 for the Disney Mom's Panel, but I have't looked at it since. She is right though, this is the perfect way to share the crazy adventure. If you do want to follow me, I promise you will get a picture and an update each hour.

If this adventure doesn't kill me, it will at least make a great addition to my obituary someday on my life's accomplishments.:rotfl:

I also highly recommend Pirates for a quick nap. It's nice and warm and dark in there, and after the first two small falls, it's so mellow that it sort of lulls you to sleep. IASM is also a longer, mellow ride, but it's so bright in there that I'm not sure that it's good for sleeping.

Good luck! It will be a blast to follow along from home.

(Make sure that you eat plenty of protein over the 24 hours to fuel your body, and don't take any of those energy pills/drinks unless you have previous experience with them - they make some people feel REALLY sick.)

Actually, I am AnnjanetteW on twitter. My daughter set it up for me a few months ago after I made round 2 for the Disney Mom's Panel, but I have't looked at it since. She is right though, this is the perfect way to share the crazy adventure. If you do want to follow me, I promise you will get a picture and an update each hour.
Oops - I'll unfollow the other person right away. Maybe for Feb 29th we should have a thread listing people who will be tweeting at DL and WDW.

Well my 15 year old set me up a twitter account so I can tweet my doings and post a pic every hour ;). We decided that the Haunted Mansion would be an easy place for a quick 12 minute nap, it's dark and you can rest your head in the back of the doom buggy.

Yes we have a hotel room across the street booked for the 28th through the 2nd, so we can get a good nights sleep the night before and then come back and just sleep, zzzzzzzz, after they kick us out at 6am!

If they don't offer a t shirt for surviving this, I am sooo going to make my own. :) I have a feeling that at 4am, after 22 hours without sleep, even it's a small world is going to be a totally new experience. :rotfl2:

Ooh! You should make a shirt to wear while you are there! :) Something cute and clever. Not sure what it would say though...

I will be there I was planning on going back to my room to nap...But maybe I will re think that and try for the full 24 hours. I am planning on taking a ton of photo's. I think trying to ride every thing and seeing all the shows would make for an amazing memory.

I'm going to attempt 24hrs at DL with my sister and best friend.
I thought of the picture every hour too :)
Didn't think of twitter though. I will do it if you will follow. (I'm not a tweeter, or much of a follower, but I do have an account, same name)
I too hope they have a t-shirt or something to commemorate.
I'm bringing 5 hr energy and dressing warm!
I'll have my new DISboards green mickey on my backpack or purse.
My sis made me get a hotel room to take a "nap" I said that is not 24 hrs at DL!!!
But we will be using it 6am to check out!

See you there!
41 days!

I'm so jealous! I want to go, but I have no one to go with. I thought about making it a mother/son trip, but he's only 9. No way he's gonna last! Airfare isn't too bad from up in Nor cal, but the logistics and paying a hotel room for ONE person just seems like a waste. *sadface* I thought about looking for a roommate but I know that can be pretty risky. :/

We are heading back in ONE WEEK! So.... I guess I'll have to be set with that. LoL But I"ll be watching for all the updates and excitement!

~Zara

Ok, dumb question. I'm trying to get DF on board to do this, he has to see if he can take the days off work. But I don't wanna tell DF the wrong dates to take off... So it starts on Feb 29th, 2012 at 6am, correct? And lasts until March 1st at 6am? Just clarifying. :thumbsup2 I really hope we can go for this! We can totally pull it off.

If you need a place to nap.

Annabella Hotel is having a special. 29 rooms at $29 on the 29th.
Have you heard of One More Disney Day?! Disney is opening Disneyland for 24 hours from 6:00 AM February 29 to 6:00 AM March 1!!! A once in a life time opportunity!!!

As if that isn't enough the Anabella is also announcing their Leap Year Promotion!!! Plan your trip and take advantage of a $29.00 rate for 29 rooms on February 29th. This offer will go on sale on February 7th at 10:00 AM through our reservations department, which can be reached at 714.905.1050.

Not to be combined with other offers, restrictions apply, based on availability, first come first served, phone only, 2 room limit, only applies to the following rooms: Bella Rey, Bella Reyna, Bella Queen Queen, Deluxe Casita Suite, Accessible Premier, Bella Queen.

Where will you stay for One More Disney Day?!

Luckily at WDW we have even more attractions that could prove nap-worthy...Hall of Presidents...Carousel of Progress...People Mover!

We can all ride the trains, too!

I wonder how many times around the park you could ride before anyone noticed.

:rotfl:

And to the PP, you are correct, it starts at 6am on 2/29 and is open until 6am on 3/1.

Yay! So happy to see more people taking the challenge! That is a great rate for the Anabella! We are across the street from it at Stovalls. They have AAA rate for 78.00 a night. The Candy Cane has rooms for 95 a night or 85 if you have an annual pass. If it is going to be crowded, I hope it's with disers :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter