• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked my first trip to Disney for May 5th...

poohbear27

Earning My Ears
I am so excited, my DH and I just booked our trip (my first to Disney).
I am just wondering what to expect. We are staying at PC. Is May a good or bad month to go? Which park should we visit first? Any advice or input would be much appreciated.

First, Welcome to the DIS! :cheer2: :cheer2:

May is a wonderful time to go, fairly low crowds, fairly nice weather, etc. I see that you are from Wisconsin - the weather will probably seem VERY warm to you, but will not yet have reached full summer sauna conditions. Prepare for the heat, especially later in the month!

There is tons of information and advice available on here. Spend some time surfing the different boards - Theme Parks for park info and advice, Resorts if you have questions about where you are staying. Also, read some trip reports - it will help you be even more excited about your trip! I also highly recommend checking out the menus at allearsnet.com to plan meals and hanging out on the Restaurants board. This is time sensitive since you can ALREADY make dining reservations (180 days in advance, and you have passed that threshhold.)

Have a great time planning your trip!

We've had some nice trips in early May. Food and Wine festival should be going by then. It can get VERY HOT (90's). Crowds are usually moderate, not like Sept. or Jan., but not as crowded as Spring Break/Summer.

Thanks so much for the advice. Especially about the dinner reservations, I had no idea. I am looking forward to some warm weather.

nowellsl said:
We've had some nice trips in early May. Food and Wine festival should be going by then. It can get VERY HOT (90's). Crowds are usually moderate, not like Sept. or Jan., but not as crowded as Spring Break/Summer.

I believe you mean the Flower and Garden Festival. The Food and Wine Festival isn't until the end of September. :wave:

lynn71092 said:
I believe you mean the Flower and Garden Festival. The Food and Wine Festival isn't until the end of September. :wave:

Yes, you're right! Thanks!

First - hello from Wisconsin (my family and I are just north of milwaukee) :earsboy:

Now for the trip advice - can you tell us a little about you, how long your staying, and in general what kind of things you like - would make it much easier to give answers that make sense :)

WIDisneyFan said:
First - hello from Wisconsin (my family and I are just north of milwaukee) :earsboy:

Now for the trip advice - can you tell us a little about you, how long your staying, and in general what kind of things you like - would make it much easier to give answers that make sense :)

We are actually going to be at Disney from May 7th - May 13th. We purchased 3 day passes. Our thought was to alternate days at the parks vs. days at the hotel. I love anything Disney...My Husband said I will love everything about WDW. I just want to try not to miss anything that would be considered a "must see".

First Welcome to the Dis!! :welcome: Take your time get up early and don't miss a thing!!! You'll love it all. Try to schedule time to see the parades and shows.
Where are you staying again? PC?
Is it just you and your DH?
I live in Fl and go frequently. The weather will be warm. May is a nice time, but be prepared, a bunch of kids graduate in May in this area....so some schools will be done.
Do you have park hoppers?
Enjoy your trip, search this site for ideas. Definitely make reservations for dining, (did you get the dining plan?). Ask questions about restraunts....
I'll check in again and see how your doing!! :wizard:

We are considering Doing Disney May 5th to the 8th and then over to Vero Beach for the rest of the week. We can get good airfare I think (SW ding, it has come up twice so far) but it really depends if we can get a good code. Last year we got one for 77 a night at PORS.

Anyway Disney in May is great. Have a good time and I hope we will be there too (we just went a few weeks ago, our AP will expire before then, we have a lot going against us, but I still really want to go, I love WDW in May!) I love the flower and garden festivil at Epcot!

tinknutt -
Yes, we are staying at PC and it is just my DH and I.
We do not have park hopper passes, just the standard 1 day passes.
My DH figured we would hit 3 parks this time around and the rest next time we go.

poohbear27 said:
tinknutt -
Yes, we are staying at PC and it is just my DH and I.
We do not have park hopper passes, just the standard 1 day passes.
My DH figured we would hit 3 parks this time around and the rest next time we go.
Never stayed at PC. (Stayed at GF, WL, POR, ASM).

Magic Kingdom and MGM are definetly all day parks. Epcot can be too if you take your time and enjoy all the countries. Animal Kingdom is not an all day park for me. ::MickeyMo

Do make dinner reservations. Any ideas?

Take lots of pictures, and post!! :goodvibes

jagruti6 said:
We`ll be on our first trip there may 5th -11th staying at All Star Movies

I've stayed there....are you going with kids? The All Star and I believe PC are the value resorts and do have a bunch of kids. Very cute hotel, but DH was not impressed. It is a nice hotel for young families. If you all need anything let me know. Enjoy your trips!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter