Just Booked with Great price

wifey

DIS Veteran
:jumping1: Just been on the phone with Disney and they gave me a great price for the Sequoia Lodge 3 nights 4days (for the price of 2night 3 days)
£396 for 2 adults 1 child! So after a quick discussion with DH we booked it so we can celebrate our son's 6th birthday with style :jumping1: Flight booked through Easyjet already just need to clarify return bus transfers to the hotel on the VEA. :goodvibes :goodvibes
More planning , Wifey

Great news! I'd love to hear when you are going too :)

Let the planning begin :teeth:

I'm just as excited with you :jumping1:
Don't forget to post up when your going on the sticky thread.

Reid

I think ( unless I am having another Senior moment) that Wifey said in another thread that it is November.

We loved SL and I can't imagine us staying anywhere else now-unless we get a really good deal on the Cheyanne. It certainly rates far higher for me, than the NPB. I love the whole atmosphere and themeing, it suited me down to the ground.

Bexxs thanks for the info it gives me a bit more confidence with my planning, Joanne we are going 28th November-1st December. Do any of you know of some good food places to grab a bite while we are there? Thanks Diberry for the restaurant guide link the quality of the food in the reviews seems at best pricey and poorly cooked, this is worrying. When we have stayed at WDW Orlando we only ever came across 2 bad meals (Boatwrights and Crystal Palace where DH got food poisoning after eating the Salmon en croute). We know from experience that bad food can spoil a holiday completely. Luckily for us those were the only 2 bad encounters (both on the same trip) out of 5 holidays there!We don't want bad tummies again!
Just one more thing what is the weather like in france in November ? Do we need to take boots and a good winter coat and a couple of sweaters each ?
:hug: Many thanks again everyone, still earning my ears, Wifey :lovestruc :goodvibes

Wifey those are the exact dates we are going to be there!! With regards to your question about clothing bring lots of sweaters, a good winter coat, hats, gloves, and thermal underwear and socks, it can be freezing at that time of year. If you want confirmation of this do a search on this forum or read some of the trip reports ie. Diberrys from last year is really good. They are in a sticky thread at the top of the first page when you open the forum.

Yes, DEFINITELY pack a hat, gloves and thermals. They don't take up much space, but if it gets really cold (and it can), you will be SO thankful you did. And the sweaters, winter coat and sturdy comfortable boots/shoes should be considered standard issue!

Great news Wifey! :bounce:

Are you going to tell DS or keep it a secret?

:rolleyes2 He caught us watching the new dvd so we let him see it too. He said "i like the cowboy hotel mum" . That set the question of where and when, after a weekend of discussion between me and DH we got quotes from Disney direct and Easyjet and BMIBaby. Son was tutting about being quiet while I rang around but tv programmes took his interest. After booking we have said very little on the subject apart from we need to do lots of planning (hence the book order from Amazon) and a quick scour on the internet for help from you folks and for an audiobook (to refresh our french) to download to my ipod.Will give me a chance to get to grips with the language again, have not spoken a word of it for 21 years (last spoke it in french aural exam at school) so I'm rusty at best! SO he knows we'll be going at some point just not when!
Trying to do the planning so we all do fun things, so when the info comes through we'll let him have some choices too!

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to find out he's going at Christmas!! Good luck keeping it a secret!

DS has not seen the Christmas decorations in a Disney park since we took him just before his 1st birthday!(in Orlando). Just as well DH video taped it and transfered it all on to a dvd, which he has watched from time to time, ;) Wifey

wifey said:
DS has not seen the Christmas decorations in a Disney park since we took him just before his 1st birthday!(in Orlando). Just as well DH video taped it and transfered it all on to a dvd, which he has watched from time to time, ;) Wifey
I'm sure he will love it. We surprised our troop with visit last November and managed to keep it a secret until the morning we were heading away.

Reid

Your enthusiam is contageous. I'm excited for you! :teeth: A few nights at DLP is one of the options we're considering for our European trip, Christmas 2006. We're Floridians, & it looks like the clothes we bought for Alaska this summer, will definitely come in handy in Paris that time of year. :earboy2: We will get more use out of them after all. ;) One question... I noticed the mention of brushing up on your French. I remember very little French from school. Not enough, I'm afraid. Even the words I do remember don't come out right with a southern accent. :blush: Will we have a problem communicating there? Thanks :)

No you wont :flower:
I never had french at school and english almost works for me very well.
Right now I understand a lot of french, but cannot talk at all :cool1:

Greets Renate
You will have a great time!

The CMs at DLP wear badges which show what language they speak - I remember hardly any that did not understand our English! They were all excellent.

A merci or a bonjour from guests goes a long way though :)

A few well meant phrases will be really welcomed!After all it is considered good manners to learn a few . Will take me a while to refresh too! And yes the CMs do have those badges or so i've read ! :lovestruc Wifey ;)

We have a good phrase book by DK eyewitness travel guides, full of useful info and best of all it tells you how to say the word in a sentence it was only £2.99. I'm reading it to help me with my french! :wave2: wifey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter