Just Booked

wilki32

Mouseketeer
Well went to two travel agents this morning and they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, sorry to any travel agents out there!
One qouted £1640 to which I pointed out that it was DLP I wanted to go to not WDW the other, well I won't even go there!!!
Leave on the 25th July, probably drive down the day before, got the channel tunnel for £123 and staying for 4 nights at Davy Crockett Ranch, booked direct through Disney for £845.
Feeling quite pleased with myself :cool1:
We went last year at the same time so think it will be busy but taking my parents with us this time, Dad 76 and Mum 70, never been to Disney and when I told them I thought they were going to wet themselves!!!
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Anthony

Oh how exciting!!! The prices through travel agents can be shocking can't they? My last trip I was quoted £1100 for 3 nights in Feb half term but I managed to book it via the Internet for £715 in the end :)

Amazed how they can still stay in business!
Definately decided to stay over the night before, do you know which is the best hotel (cheap) to stay at. Would like to be near a pub for food as Dad is a very fussy eater, no pizza, nothing with spices or garlic that'll make it fun in the parks!
Anthony

I know there are some to choose from Anthony but I've not done it myself I'm afraid - might be best to start a new thread and ask the question, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Sorry!

We just got back from DLP stayed at HNY. We stayed an extra night at The Holiday Inn, DLP. Got the room for 65 euro. Last year we also stayed an extra night at Kyriad which was about 60 euro. Holiday Inn was fine-nice and new-average sized rooms. The kyriad was also very nice and good value for money however, the rooms were quite small. Those prices did not include breakfast. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Nicola

Sorry Anthony, looking at nicola's response I may have misunderstood your question. I thought you meant somewhere to stay over before the Channel Tunnel?

It was before we went through the tunnel, we stayed at, I think, Ashford Travel Lodge. There was a cinema, pizza hut, Italian restaurant, OK for us but think Dad won't be too impressed!
Anthony

Sorry! Just re-read the question and Miffy I think it is you who is right. Can't help with hotel near channel tunnel as being from N. Ireland we always fly with Easyjet.

We will be staying at Kings Cross TravelLodge. We've stayed there before and it was fine. :) Bit noisy, but cheapish, convenient and very clean, with everything you need.

Don't know if this is any help. We have booked to stay at the Holiday Inn Central, Ashford for the night before or crossing via Euro star. We got the room for £58 inc breakfast (2 adults & 1 child ) I don't know what it will be like but it looked OK on the website
Pictures got nothing to do with the thread but seeing I don't seem to be able to use it for my avitar I thought I'd put it in here instead. LOL

Wow Dee 8197, what a beautiful picture!!!! What type of camera did you use to take it? I noticed on your signature strip that you have stayed at NPBC and SL. We have previously stayed at NPBC and HNY but thinking of staying at SL during Christmas season-never stayed at SL before. I have heard mixed reports, some people have said that the rooms are very dark and dreary. We liked the NPBC but HNY is favourite so far. What did you think of Sequoia Lodge? How does it compare to NPBC?

Sorry Dee8197, silly me just noticed that you have not yet stayed at SL but are due to in July. Hope you enjoy it. Maybe you could post a review of the hotel. I know they are currently refurbishing a lot of the rooms as well as the outside of the building. My sister is due to go second week of June and she just got a call from reservations saying that the outside work will affect her room. They offered her £130 discount or an upgrade to lakeside room at NPBC; she chose the latter. I am sure the work should be finished by the time you go though. If there is anyone else who can give me feedback on SL I would be very grateful.

Cheers :flower:

We are also going to Davy Crockett on 6th July, so can hopefully answer specific questions on our return.

I take it you are either driving or booking car when you get there, since there are no shuttles from DC to parks?

Reid

Hi Nicola
Thanks for the compliment on the pic. I like it too. I am no photograher - this photo was taken with a Kodak Easyshare digital camera LS443. I bought it to take photos of our son's wedding in 2003 so I darw say there is a much later and better version available now.
We stay at the SL in July, so I can't help you with your question. We preferred the Cheyanne to Newport Bay so that may tell you something ! LOl I have always fancied the SL so thought we would give it a try. I imagine the foyer with the fire to be a superb place to be in winter, not that I expect it to be lit in July..... I hope not

That'll be good cyrano, been looking on the disney site and really looks good, just can't wait to see my parents faces. Dad had a bypass recently so won't fly and I think everyone should see Disney!
We're driving down, did it last year and the hardest part was getting to Ashford soon as in France it was all plain sailing.
Anthony

Wilki32 I hope that you all have a super time ! I agree with you, everyone should see Disney.My husband had a bypass a few years ago at 46, so I know a little of what your father and your family must have gone through recently. Enjoy yourselves and have a magical time !

We've been pretty much bought up on it, my Nan use to take us to the pictures to see the films, all of us waiting for Wonderful World of Disney, oh those times seemed so much more simple, but now we've got children it all starts again and we get Mum and Dad back into it!
I'm sure we will have a fantastic time, my only worry is that Dad is a little less tolerant and we noticed on our last trip there isn't the organisation that there is in WDW.
Anthony

I'm sure they will enjoy themselves. MIL and FIL came with us last summer. It was MIL first visit abroad.
Grandchildren loved having them with us :)

reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter