Just bought a tent trailer, helpful hints appreciated

nikki&petey

Mouseketeer
My husband and I just bought a used 1995 Flagstaff tent trailer. I feel so lost and confused now. It doesn't come with a manual unfortunately so most of this is going to be trial and error.

We know how to hook it to the van, how to pop it up and take it down.

Congrats on the new purchase!! We have a 95 Jayco Eagle and love it. I'll suggest a web site that I have learned so much from...popupportal.com. All about pups, camping, maintenance, etc. I'm sure there are others out there too. May even be someone on there who has close to the same year as your pup and could copy a manual for you!

Have fun and enjoy!!

My husband and I just bought a used 1995 Flagstaff tent trailer. I feel so lost and confused now. It doesn't come with a manual unfortunately so most of this is going to be trial and error.

We know how to hook it to the van, how to pop it up and take it down.

The only other thing you need to know is the way to the fort!!! :lmao::lmao:

Seriously, someone more experienced with pop ups will be along. :thumbsup2

Congrtualations on your purchase!

Since I spend all of my time on the Disboards, I have no personal knowledge of this, but I hear there is this website called YouTube, and that there are a ton of videos on there of folks demonstrating how to set up a pop-up camper.

Try this link:

You Tube Videos on Setting Up Pop-Up Campers

I am not sure if there is a video specifically for your model of camper, but the basics are pretty much universal.

Happy Camping!

TCD

There are 3 essentials to ANY RV, from popups to diesel pushers. Cooler, ice, beer. Anything else is an unnecessary luxury.

But seriously, between the popup specific websites, YouTube, and RV.net, you will find a ton of information, maybe even on your specific model. And, since many RV's use the same components, it is likely that we may be able to answer your specific questions on items such as fridge, furnace, stoves, etc, if you post them here.

Congrats, and have fun!

I found this information on another site, but I don't know how old it is:

I spoke with a very nice gentleman at Forest River RV and he said all requests for owners manuals should be sent to mrmiller@forestriverinc.com. Michelle will direct them to the correct division (they have 46) and they will send you the manual you need. He also indicated they are working on their web site so manuals can be obtained online - coming soon!!!
[/I]

You have forgotten the most important thing of all.:confused3
K:worship:U:worship:N:worship:G:worship:A:worship:L:worship:O:worship:O:worship:S:worship:H:worship:
When camping at the fort this is the #1 thing not to forget.:woohoo:

Just have plenty of this on hand and you'll be fine:

german-beer.jpg

The BEER that is.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter