Just Bought After Hours Tickets!

jsergent

Mouseketeer
I have been debating for months on whether or not to buy tickets to the Hollywood Studios AH event during our upcoming Spring Break trip. We are planning a resorts only vacation with grandparents, but knew the kids would love some park time. Finally pulled the trigger on the purchase. Hopefully it will be worth the cost! Hated spending so much, but the price is what it is unfortunately. Our last park trip was right after Galaxy's Edge just opened, but no Rise. So, we are excited to finally have a chance for that experience!

I have been debating for months on whether or not to buy tickets to the Hollywood Studios AH event during our upcoming Spring Break trip. We are planning a resorts only vacation with grandparents, but knew the kids would love some park time. Finally pulled the trigger on the purchase. Hopefully it will be worth the cost! Hated spending so much, but the price is what it is unfortunately. Our last park trip was right after Galaxy's Edge just opened, but no Rise. So, we are excited to finally have a chance for that experience!
I've been debating the MK one to death! I just can't decide if I want to spend that much and also its just DH and myself and we don't stay awake till 1:00 very easily! haha!

I've been debating the MK one to death! I just can't decide if I want to spend that much and also its just DH and myself and we don't stay awake till 1:00 very easily! haha!
Yeah, my wife isn't sure if she can make it until 12:30!

Just got back and we did Hollywood After Hours on March 13, 2024. We started out at 7 with Starbucks per the teens... that was not on the plan. This was the 1st time at Disney HS for 3 out of 4 kids. We went over to Star Tours and got on about 7:20pm. We walked through Galaxy Edge while it was still light out, we planned to head over to muppetvision but got there just after 8pm. We then headed over to Millennium Falcon when we were in line, it had a delay but the line was still moving. After that we went to ROR, in that line ROR went down. We did not know how close to the front we were (it turned out that we were just around the corner from the entrance). Everyone in the line after us had left and after talking to the cast member who said they hadn't determined what the problem was yet, we also left. At that point tower of terror was 13min but Toy Story Land rides were longer lines most likely due to ROR being down. On our way to TOT, ROR came back up (8 mins after we left). After TOT we went on Toy Story Mania. ROR was still running so we ended up there but in a longer line than when we had previously gone though the line said 35min wait. We were able to get on Slinky Dog Dash after. We headed over to M&M RR and got in line about 12:25. Unfortunately, that ride went down for the 2nd time as well and they closed the ride completely. So we rode everything 1x except M&M RR. It was ok. We didn't see any shows but did enjoy the night. It was definitely better than standing in hot lines for 2 hrs during the day time.

Unfortunately, that ride went down for the 2nd time as well and they closed the ride completely.
Most of what we care about is GE and TSL. So, unless something is down, hopefully we can just loop around back there and have a good experience.

We had a pretty good time at the After Hours this week.

We didn't make it into the park until 8:45 due to a dining reservation, but still got in 7 rides by the time the event was over.

Smuggler's Run was our longest wait, maybe 30 minutes. That was during a big rain storm, so we didn't mind too much!

Everything else was either a walk on or maybe 10 minute wait. Rise probably was 20 or so, but that was plenty acceptable to us for that ride.

Slinky Dog went down for a good bit of the night due to the storm. We did happen to sneak back on it though just as it re-opened! That timing worked out real well for us to have a short wait.

Overall, a positive experience! The same 7 rides we did in 3.5 hours had a combined wait time of 10.5 hours the next morning. Significant time savings at After Hours, assuming you only ride via standby during the day.

We didn't get to meet any characters or take much advantage of the free snacks. Seemed since we were ride focused, that part of the event wasn't very close to us most of the night. That was a bummer, but ultimately we wanted to accomplish rides and we did!

This was a sold out event too, so I wasn't sure if that would impact our experience with some longer waits. It didn't seem to though. We did a little bit of back tracking in galaxy's edge to avoid a 40 minute wait on Rise. So that probably cost us a little bit of time to fit in one more TSL ride or MMRR one more time. However, we were pleased with the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter