• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just bought two resale contracts - Need advise

ShelliRenee

Disney Princess trapped in a fat girl's body!
Greetings fellow Disney Lovers!

I just bought two resale contracts - One in SSR and one in OKW. Both have the same use year. I am wanting to book at my 11 month window for next year. Can I apply all my points to the same booking or will only the resort I am booking at take the points from my other contract?

I hope the question I am asking makes sense. I am basically wanting to use all my points to book at room at OKW. Will all my points at SSR be usable on the same reservation?

Thank in Advance!

Greetings fellow Disney Lovers!

I just bought two resale contracts - One in SSR and one in OKW. Both have the same use year. I am wanting to book at my 11 month window for next year. Can I apply all my points to the same booking or will only the resort I am booking at take the points from my other contract?

I hope the question I am asking makes sense. I am basically wanting to use all my points to book at room at OKW. Will all my points at SSR be usable on the same reservation?

Thank in Advance!
You can only book your home resort at 11 months. So you can use your OKW points to book OKW at 7 months but not SSR. And visa versa. At 7 months, you can combine points from the same membership to be used at any resort except RIV.

You can combine them at 7 months. But yes at 11 months can only book at the home resort. So you could always book it as a split stay at 11 months to make sure you have lodging and then at 7 months see if there’s still availability to switch if you wanted to spend the entire time at one resort.

Do you have enough points through banking + current use year + borrowing 50% at OKW to cover all your days? If so then bank & borrow to book OKW w/ your OKW points. If not, then at 11 months book however many days you can get w/ your OKW points at OKW & a couple days later when 11 months opens book the rest of your needed days at SSR. For example, say you want to stay at OKW for 7 nights 11 months from tomorrow, but you only have enough OKW points for 4 nights, so go online tomorrow & book those 4 nights at OKW. 4 days from now go online & book your last 3 nights at SSR.
When 7 months rolls around, go online & modify your SSR stay into an OKW stay - & because OKW is a bigger resort you’ll likely find availability assuming you’re going around 11 months from now.
Once all your days are at OKW in the same size villa/view call MS and ask them to merge your 2 reservations.

There is a reason why a single DVC member who owns two resorts cannot use points from one resort to reserve 11-months out at the other. If that were allowed, large numbers would, for example, likely buy a lot of SSR points at lower cost and 25 points at BCV and then destroy the 11-month reservation advantage BCV owners are supposed to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter