• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just came across this...re: photopass+ pre-order

Whoa, this makes me glad that I got the Signature AP last week! Makes the value of the Signature AP even greater for my family if it is saving $100 per trip.
You know the message states "this holiday season" ... I wonder if they will bring the pre-order back next year...

wow! Mine arrived in mail yesterday-and holy cow on that order getting canceled and charges reversed.....

Makes me sad. I really think Disney does not want non local visitors. First you can only buy a 5 day pass and if staying a full week have to again buy more expensive passes. So you basically are better to by an annual pass to only use it once. Now this. That $30.00 discount especially for Canadian means a lot with our dollar at 75 cents to the US dollar. Come on

I was just going to order ours for our Feb trip yesterday and saw that, such a bummer. However if all that goes away is the discount I will be happy, at $100.00 it was still a good value, I am more concerned its the first step in eliminating it all together or jacking up the price to DW prices which isn't such a good value.

I emailed Photopass asking whether or not it would be available again and here is the response:
Dear Robyn,

Thank you for your interest in our new Disney PhotoPass+ offer.
We regularly evaluate our product assortments in order to maintain the level of Disney quality that our Guests expect. The offer to purchase Disney PhotoPass+ prior to your vacation is no longer available.

Disney PhotoPass+ will still be available for Guests to purchase onsite at Disneyland Resort for $99.95 at the following locations:
Disneyland Park:
Main Street Photo Supply Co.
Plaza Inn

Disney’s California Adventure Park:
Kingswell Camera Shop
Ariel’s Grotto

Resort locations:
PCH Grill
Goofy’s Kitchen

Thank you for allowing Disney Photo Imaging the opportunity to capture all your magical memories!
Sincerely,

Michelle Peppinger
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

:( :( :( :(

That doesn't say much about anything, does it?!

That's just crazy! No pre-pay? I hope this is temporary thing and there'll be something decent in its place soon.

So glad I didn't wait to order ours! I should get mine today or Friday. Maybe if people just elect not to get it altogether now they'll bring back the pre-order discount. We'll see though...

I called up and their system somehow has me in for downloading 2 pictures from a 2012 trip even though 1. it asked me if I was 2 weeks+ before my trip (why would a download of previous pictures ask that) and 2. why would I have an amount of 69.95 showing up on my credit card for 2 downloads?

So now they want me to prove it. Except it's not showing on my credit card though my CC company can see it on their system. SO totally what I wanted to do all day... NOT.

Disappointing.

I was thinking about getting this for our visit in May 2016. It's a lot less attractive when the price has increased $40 (AUD).

I did not order a Photopass+ for our recently October trip but then a photographer took a ton of our daughter at Goofy's house that I wanted! When I got home and saw the pictures, I saw that I could purchase ALL the digital photos for only $70. Could that be the reason they got rid of the option of purchasing them ahead of time?

I did not order a Photopass+ for our recently October trip but then a photographer took a ton of our daughter at Goofy's house that I wanted! When I got home and saw the pictures, I saw that I could purchase ALL the digital photos for only $70. Could that be the reason they got rid of the option of purchasing them ahead of time?

Did the $70 include your ride photos?

So glad I found this thread. I love Memory Maker as a solo traveler and I couldn't find Photopass available anywhere except with the annual pass and I definitely can not afford $800+ for my upcoming 3 day trip. Thanks Disers! As per usual you are a wealth of information!

Disappointing.

I was thinking about getting this for our visit in May 2016. It's a lot less attractive when the price has increased $40 (AUD).

The Photopass Photographers will take the same photos with your camera if you choose not to purchase it (unless they try cutting down on this as well with this change). We went last year and had Photopass + and the photographers always took photos with our camera as well. I do know that sometimes $40 seems like a lot when we are budgeting to come from Australia in the first place - but I would still consider it, their cameras take really good photos - when my daughter met the princesses we had photos with Photopass + and my brand new not cheap camera and the colours in their photos are much more vivid. Also you can get the magic shots and add special DL boarders. It doesn't take long to get lots of photos on the pass make sure you include your ride photos (if you bought even those separately I think they are pretty expensive) we downloaded almost 200 photos I think from memory on our Photopass + when we got home.

When I was planning and deciding how much to spend e.g. daughters princess makeover the cheaper version or the whole lot - in the end I thought well I've already spent this much to come so far what is another $40-$50 - and I wasn't disappointed in the end it was worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter