Just cancelled res for 10/11-10/22 preferred site

StormyCA

Chief Troublemaker
Hey Fort Friends,

We've had to cancel our trip next month as I've been diagnosed with Hemochromatosis (say that 3 times fast!) so will be in the midst of treatment and all the medical jazz. I've rebooked for early March.

I did the cancellation about 20 mins ago if anyone wants to try to snag any of those dates.

Wishing you well Stormy!.

Not sure about next month but the Fort was half full the past 2 weeks that i was there. Not sure how normal that is because this was my first August trip.. the first week was hotter than i would have preferred but the 2nd week was amicable.

Wishing you well Stormy!.

Not sure about next month but the Fort was half full the past 2 weeks that i was there. Not sure how normal that is because this was my first August trip.. the first week was hotter than i would have preferred but the 2nd week was amicable.

Thanks for your good wishes!

I was actually surprised that they had openings in March and I could rebook so easily! I'm so used to the Ft being full when I've looked at dates in the past.

Our 'old' dates are within WDW's 'HalloweenTime' & MNSSHP so I'm hoping someone will be able to use them.

Glad you had at least one week of good weather. That's a plus for our changed dates; the weather should be much better for us because I understand that Oct can still be hot & humid. March may get some cold days, but we're used to cold weather and have plenty of gear for it!

I wish you the best on the treatments!
thanks for being so kind to offer up the reservation information. I wish I could go during that time period, love the campground during Halloween.🎃

I wish you the best on the treatments!
thanks for being so kind to offer up the reservation information. I wish I could go during that time period, love the campground during Halloween.🎃

Thanks so much!

I was looking forward to seeing WDW and the Fort all decked out for Halloween. But it is what it is and health has to come first. I hope someone on the boards is able to make use of those dates.

@StormyCA,

Good luck to you with your medical situation.

Over the years I have found myself agreeing with you on many situations regarding the Fort so we seem to have a similar opinion about Walt's Campground and issues surrounding it.

Take care of yourself and I hope you make it to the Fort in March 2024.

Ed

@StormyCA,

Good luck to you with your medical situation.

Over the years I have found myself agreeing with you on many situations regarding the Fort so we seem to have a similar opinion about Walt's Campground and issues surrounding it.

Take care of yourself and I hope you make it to the Fort in March 2024.

Thanks Ed! Yes, we seem to agree on quite a lot. Including the need to build that stockade and man it if they ever decide to build 'The DVC That Must Not Be Named'! Coon skin caps on, bubble wands & pop-guns at the ready!!

I'm keeping both spirits and prayers UP that we'll be at the Fort in March. Better weather than October, anyway. I know it can get chilly then, but we've done Yellowstone in the dead of winter twice so we've got some excellent cold weather gear. Have balaclava, will travel!

I hope your treatments go well. Please, keep us up on your progress.

Last edited:
I have been in Sept many times as well as Oct and never had much of an issue with the heat. Of course, nothing beats a Jan or Feb trip. I noticed that i didn't get near as many walking laps around our loop as i usually do. Typically, i will take 2 or 3 trips a day around the loop but this past 2 weeks, i probably walked the loop 2 or 3 times in total. YEEESH! It was hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter