Just checking out Aulani - what not to miss?

Jaina

Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.
I am going to be in Hawaii in 2 weeks(!) to visit my parents who are living there for 18 months. My dad is the one that inspired my Disney craziness and he has mentioned several times going over to Aulani for an evening, just so I can check it out. So we're not staying there or anything, but more just exploring a little. What's not to miss? We might eat dinner there. Will 'Ama 'Ama be too warm in late August, since it looks like it's outside? What do they do to make it comfortable? What are the coolest things to see? I'm excited. :)

AMA AMA is inside. I believe the huge windows can be opened but assume air conditioning

Also they have the character breakfast or evening buffet (not always characters)

There is a few shops inside the hotel.

Any specific questions ask and I will try to answer

Prepare to fall lol

Dinner at 'Ama 'Ama was amazing. Food, ambiance and service was excellent.
If you like spas, book an appointment at Laniwai and spend the afternoon there. The hydrotherapy garden is my favorite.

Cocktails and small plates during sunset hour at the Olelo room. There is often live music there too.

Ama Ama is technically indoors but when we were there in late September, the doors facing the ocean which were floor to ceiling were wide open all the time during business hours. There's a nice breeze. We had breakfast there which was amazing, and we were comfortable. We were used to everywhere we went being mostly outdoors or having that indoor/outdoor feel.

Personally, for dinner, we enjoyed Makahiki more. We had the first seating after the character dinner and the restaurant was only half full. It was much quieter and more enjoyable than the character meal. The food was very good and it was nice sitting on the patio there, but they do offer indoor seating as well. I agree with PP that drinks at Olelo Room listening to the live music is nice as well.

The spa is great but I would want at least a half day for that. They do have great facilities to shower and get ready in if you have time for this. You are also free to use the beach and lagoon at Aulani, but not the chairs or umbrellas. Beaches are public in Hawaii, but the chairs/umbrellas are just for resort guests which are identified by a bracelet.

Aulani does a really nice luau also that is open to non-resort guests. We went to both the Aulani luau and the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center while we were there. They we're definitely very different and I was glad we did both!

The pools and lazy river at Aulani are wonderful, but I am not sure if they can be used by people not staying at the resort. My guess is no (resort guests get wrist bands, but maybe you can pay for a day pass if you aren't staying there)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter