Just chose BWV 1 bedroom over Poly studio. Am I crazy?

Another BLT advantage is that you've the pretty short and easy walkway to MK and a very short monorail ride home in case you're dealing with bad cases of too-tired-and-grouchy.

Heck, with kids their ages, I'd definitely go with BLT instead of BWV.

Give it another 3-4 years for them to get much out of EP, though they'll probably like the DHS Toy Story rides and theming.

I'm a 5-year-old trapped in a retiree's body, and **I** would choose BLT over BWV even though I don't care for the BLT decor or floor plan at all. "It's a mere 10-minute walk to MK, you say? Yup, gimme that one." 😁

Both great choices. Since we own at BW, I’d have to lean toward Poly for the novelty factor. Enjoy!

It's only DH and I now but I REQUIRE 1bedroom for any trip longer than 2 nights. Don't know how we ever did regular hotel rooms when kids were younger. I like to read at night, DH likes sports. I get up early and make coffee. DH sleeps in. When grandkids come, we get 2 BR. More family =3 BR.
Cramming 5 people in a studio does not sound like vacation to me!

You totally made the right choice. Not only do you have the extra space and separation in a one bedroom, but you also have in room laundry and eating space. Also, I find that the best part of the Epcot resorts with little kids is the ability to just “pop” in to DHS and Epcot to do one or two things that interest them. When we go to the MK we’re there for the long haul since there’s so much that my littles want to do. We stayed at BWV when my kids were both toddlers and loved how convenient it was to stroll into DHS just for a show and a ride and then stroll back. Same with Epcot.

We love BWV. Walking distance to both Epcot and DHS, community hall with games and crafts (both free and $), and we love the boardwalk atmosphere. 1 bedrooms are awesome with full kitchen and laundry and all the extra space!

You totally made the right choice. Not only do you have the extra space and separation in a one bedroom, but you also have in room laundry and eating space. Also, I find that the best part of the Epcot resorts with little kids is the ability to just “pop” in to DHS and Epcot to do one or two things that interest them. When we go to the MK we’re there for the long haul since there’s so much that my littles want to do. We stayed at BWV when my kids were both toddlers and loved how convenient it was to stroll into DHS just for a show and a ride and then stroll back. Same with Epcot.
Oh I love this! We would totally do that. Thank you!!!

1BR opens so many options... Can almost make up the price diff by eating a few meals using the full kitchen.... Insta cart is your friend🙂

... Like many, I'm not about cooking too much, I've found breakfast is great in the room... Esp if you don't have early risers... The smell of bacon and coffee seem to perk up even the deepest of sleepers 😀

Have fun!

1BR opens so many options... Can almost make up the price diff by eating a few meals using the full kitchen.... Insta cart is your friend🙂

... Like many, I'm not about cooking too much, I've found breakfast is great in the room... Esp if you don't have early risers... The smell of bacon and coffee seem to perk up even the deepest of sleepers 😀

Have fun!
When we have a 1bedroom we'll cook breakfast 1 morning and have the leftovers other days. We bring the 'just add water' pancake mix, and usually some mini chocolate chips to add to some for the kids. Buy an overpriced pack of sausages and tater tots ("hash browns") from the freezer section of the Screen Door store on the Boardwalk, and some butter to cook with/put on pancakes. Get fresh fruit from somewhere...tend to find the fruit cups more at the bakery than the store. And breakfast! There are some pyrex storage containers with lids in the kitchen, so we'll put the leftovers in those in the full size fridge and just microwave leftovers before heading to parks the other days.

When we have a 1bedroom we'll cook breakfast 1 morning and have the leftovers other days. We bring the 'just add water' pancake mix, and usually some mini chocolate chips to add to some for the kids. Buy an overpriced pack of sausages and tater tots ("hash browns") from the freezer section of the Screen Door store on the Boardwalk, and some butter to cook with/put on pancakes. Get fresh fruit from somewhere...tend to find the fruit cups more at the bakery than the store. And breakfast! There are some pyrex storage containers with lids in the kitchen, so we'll put the leftovers in those in the full size fridge and just microwave leftovers before heading to parks the other days.
Love that plan!! I wonder if there is a list of all the kitchen items in the BWV 1 bedrooms...;

It's a wee bit hard to read because of the angle, but you'll generally have most of the things listed in the multi-bedroom villas.

Just call housekeeping from the in-room phone if you need something listed that isn't there. They can likely get one to you. They may have other small appliances like an electric kettle even though not listed.

Extra laundry or dishwashing soap can often be gotten when you see your Mousekeeper in the hall. Also, just ask if in the room when they come for daily trash removal.

Love that plan!! I wonder if there is a list of all the kitchen items in the BWV 1 bedrooms...;
Official list:
1-Bedroom Villa
Common Room Amenities
Fully equipped kitchen
Dishwasher
Dishes, glasses and utensils
Pots and pans
Refrigerator

Stove and oven
Toaster
Microwave
Washer and dryer
Whirlpool tub

Iron and ironing board
Hair dryer
In-room safe
Voicemail
Portable crib

DVD player
Coffee maker
Flat screen television
Wireless Internet access.
There will be plates/bowls/glasses/mugs/utensils for 8 people since the 1 bedrooms with a studio attached are the 2 bedroom lockoff units. There are wine glasses, cutlery, cooking/serving utensils, a couple pots, colander, at least 1 fry pan, baking sheet, broil/roast pan (usually IN the oven), baking dish, etc. Enough to cook with!

I think you made a great choice! Boardwalk is walking distance for two parks, which is wonderful. We love Crecent Lake and how easy it is to eat at all those resorts. Beach club and Yacht club both have marketplaces. When I was at both Copper Creek and AKL in studios, I found a DVC laundry room. There was even a way to watch when your load was done on your phone. Does the Poly have this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter