just curious dont want this to get out of control bathroom use

I really wasn't sure how I felt about this and then I used the bathrooms at my daughter's basketball tournament today. They were normal stalls with gaps and the doors didn't touch the ground. I definitely would not feel comfortable with men using the bathroom in that situation especially with many young girls using the bathrooms. Single-room bathrooms where only one uses it at a time would be ok. DD is 13 and she definitely said she would not feel comfortable with boys or men using the same bathroom.
She probably does already and just doesn’t know it. Heck we all do. There are words we no longer use because they are considered offensive, like calling someone oriental instead of Asian. Transvesite is one of those words.

So do you think that trans women, who appear to be female, feel like they are female, are safe in the mens room?
Do you think that a biological female feels comfortable with a biological male in the rest room or locker room?? I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this and get points or banned. I was just stating my opinion.

Do you think that a biological female feels comfortable with a biological male in the rest room or locker room?? I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this and get points or banned. I was just stating my opinion.
I wouldn't have any problem with a male in the restroom next to me. Not even a little bit. I've gone into the men's room before when the women's line was outrageous.

How does it make it easier for women to be taken advantage of? What keeps a non-trans male from following a woman into the bathroom and taking advantage of her?
I never said anything about trans males. If you look at my post previous to the one you quoted you will see that I said that MEN should NOT be in women’s restrooms. When I say men I mean ALL men. The response you quoted was in response to CdnCarrie.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/transvestite
an offensive word for a person who sometimes wears the clothes usually worn by people of a different gender, especially a man who sometimes wears the clothes, make-up, jewellery, etc. usually worn by women
Note:
This word is offensive to many people. Do not use it unless a person describes themselves using this word.
Thanks, would using the term cross-dresser be more PC? Transvestite is the term used in reports at my job for incidents in which it is important to designate this characteristic (distinguishing from transgender) in a victim or suspect for potential bias-motivated events but I am happy to hear you out on what would be a more gentle term to describe a male dressing in traditional female attire or vice versa. It needs to be something that is unmistakable for report taking, though.

I wouldn't have any problem with a male in the restroom next to me. Not even a little bit. I've gone into the men's room before when the women's line was outrageous.
Some women would be uncomfortable with men in the women’s room. Just as I’m certain that many men would be uncomfortable with women in the men’s room. I personally wouldn’t use the men’s room for just that reason. I might be ok with it but why would I just assume that they are? I wouldn’t risk someone’s comfort just so I could use the restroom quicker. But that’s just me.

True. Which is why this whole thread seems like a lot of hyperbole over something extremely rare.

I mean I see a remote rest stop or a empty campus building maybe but Applebees restrooms? Magic kingdom washrooms? Walmart with people streaming in and out?

And if they aren’t in the next stall then if they are intent on attacking a lone female is the sign saying Women on the door keeping them out?

I think part of it is that when there is a male in a female-only restroom, they stand out. When these types of assaults or events occur, it may be harder for people to recognize something happening if it is normal for men to come and go from the women's restroom.

There have been a couple incidents where women have been the victim of being recorded in a restroom or changing room by a male dressed in female attire.

Some of the places it has occurred: Macy's, Walmart, Purdue University, a mall bathroom. And to note, these are not necessarily going to be classified as assaults but they are an invasion of privacy and classify under "peeping tom" laws.

This is a small number of events (there are more out there I just didn't link), but they can have hugely detrimental impact on the victim. I, for certain, do not want to be fearful of being recorded over the bathroom stall. I think one way to solve this issue is to keep male-only and female-only restrooms and then have separate family restroom facilities for those identifying as another gender to use. It is the most safe option for those who are transvestite (lack of a better term) or transgender and the rest of the population who are cis.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/92599/Pasco/Cross_dressing_man_se.shtml
https://news.uns.purdue.edu/x/2008a/080331PoliceVPA.html
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_11558044
http://abc7news.com/archive/7739509/

Just plain curious here. Did you consider whether that might make any of the men in the men’s room uncomfortable?

I’ll agree with you that the line for women’s restrooms can get very long. I’m reminded of a wedding I attended a few years ago. There were only two small restrooms available. One men’s and one women’s. Each could accommodate no more than two people at a time. The line for the women’s room became so long that the women commandeered the men’s room and prevented any men from entering. I’ll also add that none of the men seemed to have a problem with this. Myself included. I actually appreciated that the women were preventing men from entering the men’s room while women were in there.

Just plain curious here. Did you consider whether that might make any of the men in the men’s room uncomfortable?

I’ll agree with you that the line for women’s restrooms can get very long. I’m reminded of a wedding I attended a few years ago. There were only two small restrooms available. One men’s and one women’s. Each could accommodate no more than two people at a time. The line for the women’s room became so long that the women commandeered the men’s room and prevented any men from entering. I’ll also add that none of the men seemed to have a problem with this. Myself included. I actually appreciated that the women were preventing men from entering the men’s room while women were in there.
So you thought it was okay to bar people from using the bathroom in the case where there's only two bathrooms and both are being "commandeered" for exclusive usage of a presumed gender? You think that women would be okay with men just taking over a woman's bathroom and the other one labeled as men and not letting any women through?

Some women would be uncomfortable with men in the women’s room. Just as I’m certain that many men would be uncomfortable with women in the men’s room. I personally wouldn’t use the men’s room for just that reason. I might be ok with it but why would I just assume that they are? I wouldn’t risk someone’s comfort just so I could use the restroom quicker. But that’s just me.
This is a good point. I just asked my 20-year-old son if he would be comfortable using the bathroom with girls/women and he said, "no". It goes both ways.

So you thought it was okay to bar people from using the bathroom in the case where there's only two bathrooms and both are being "commandeered" for exclusive usage of a presumed gender? You think that women would be okay with men just taking over a woman's bathroom and the other one labeled as men and not letting any women through?
Several questions here. I’ll take them one at a time.

Yes, I think it’s okay for women to use both bathrooms when the line for a bathroom that accommodates only two at a time gets to be 20-30 women long and there was no line for the men’s room. I can only speak for myself, but I think most men at the wedding were able to use common sense and ascertain that because of the differences in attire, not to mention basic biology of men and women, that women were inherently going to average more time per person than men to accomplish the same task. Not to mention any additional tasks that apply only to women. This will inevitably cause the women’s restroom to accommodate fewer people per hour than the men’s room. And no, it wasn’t a “presumed gender”. Just women. Lol.

- No, I don’t think women would be “okay” with men taking over the women’s room. And I wouldn’t blame them for not being okay with it. As to why I think they wouldn’t and shouldn’t be okay with it, see previous paragraph. ^

Several questions here. I’ll take them one at a time.

Yes, I think it’s okay for women to use both bathrooms when the line for a bathroom that accommodates only two at a time gets to be 20-30 women long and there was no line for the men’s room. I can only speak for myself, but I think most men at the wedding were able to use common sense and ascertain that because of the differences in attire, not to mention basic biology of men and women, that women were inherently going to average more time per person than men to accomplish the same task. Not to mention any additional tasks that apply only to women. This will inevitably cause the women’s restroom to accommodate fewer people per hour than the men’s room. And no, it wasn’t a “presumed gender”. Just women. Lol.

- No, I don’t think women would be “okay” with men taking over the women’s room. And I wouldn’t blame them for not being okay with it. As to why I think they wouldn’t and shouldn’t be okay with it, see previous paragraph. ^
Presumed gender isn't about how someone is dressed necessarily either. You could have very well let someone who identified as male into the bathroom due to your own bias. I say presumed gender because I would like to think more open minded about individuals.

Nature calls everyone has that. Yes women's bathrooms tends to accumulate long lines.

But to tell men they can't use the men's bathroom is wow. I asked if you thought women would be okay because you're applying an extremely bad double standard here. You think it's okay for women to take over the men's bathroom but not the opposite to occur.

And speaking for myself I would not partake in such action, if I felt the urgent need to go such that I'm using the men's bathroom I'm accepting that men will use it. If I'm uncomfortable with that I wouldn't use the men's bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter