just curious dont want this to get out of control bathroom use

This confused me. It was only recently that people can physically transition via surgery.
Are you just referring to cross dressing or identifying as other gender?
No, when I was a kid (I’m 58) a family friend’s daughter basically transitioned to male. She started taking hormones and grew a full beard. Changed her name and everything. I remember my mom saying she had to “sit down to go to the bathroom” because she “couldn’t afford surgery” to fully transition. This was in the 70s. This person lived life as a male. Way more than cross dressing.

I mean, it’s clear that one point of view is dominating this boring thread. Not much discussion. Out of all of this, I did learn that transvestite is considered offensive. I wonder if they could take that back in the sense that b**ch is accepted as being “fierce”. I’m sure tranny could be used as a term of endearment.

I do wondering if OP got anything useful out of it. A few people spoke up and validated her feelings. Most other responses got aggressive, as usual. Maybe a poll could have helped.

I have my husband and son trained to put the seat down. They are at least somewhat careful when they pee. I can't imagine what a stall toilet and surrounding area would look like if men were strictly peeing in public toilets. :rotfl2:
DW has trained me to always lower the seat. I even do it in men’s rooms if I pee in a stall.

As for those men’s rooms stalls in places like stadiums, drunk guys are often disgusting, spraying urine all over and not cleaning it up.

I mean, it’s clear that one point of view is dominating this boring thread. Not much discussion. Out of all of this, I did learn that transvestite is considered offensive. I wonder if they could take that back in the sense that b**ch is accepted as being “fierce”. I’m sure tranny could be used as a term of endearment.

I do wondering if OP got anything useful out of it. A few people spoke up and validated her feelings. Most other responses got aggressive, as usual. Maybe a poll could have helped.
Aaaannd the transphobia has started. RIP thread. Reported btw.

The person in my avatar referred to himself as a transvestite. Granted, this was decades ago. He died in 1988.
Language changes , words change meaning. What was ok 33 years ago, is not ok today.

We dont use the word spinster any more
We dont use the word retard any more
The descendants of slaves in America are referred to very differently in 2023 than they were in 1903

Language changes , words change meaning. What was ok 33 years ago, is not ok today.

We dont use the word spinster any more
We dont use the word retard any more
The descendants of slaves in America are referred to very differently in 2023 than they were in 1903
We don’t? :confused: I mean, it’s a fairly quaint word and not something I’d work into conversation often, but I’ve totally missed whatever “progress” has occurred to now decree it as offensive. :confused3 Please do keep us posted on the seemingly daily trends in this regard.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transphobia

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against transgender people

I know. If you’re looking up definitions, look up all of those words and then their meanings, too. It’s all based on feelings.

I was trying to add reasonable thoughts to the discussion. I was interested in why someone would feel transgender is acceptable but transracial is not. How can the same logic be denied? Maybe you aren’t being progressive enough.

I didn’t know transvestite was offensive to some people either. But people can choose to be offended as well. I guess now they want to be called cross dressers. Just a guess.

This thread may seem boring to some as facts and definitions are being posted as some may not want to engage in a conversation which will lead to points and the thread being closed. There are a lot more people reading than engaging with the thread, so hopefully it is a source of information and people may be learning new things, about the evolution of the English language and gender expression.

Sorry. I say “you” in the general sense. It just seems that people are trying to fit in. Fine. And that means changing what is allowed to fit in. I think it was agreed that what is considered normal is fluid. Do you think people are going to continue to draw the line at race?

Only boring because there was no meaningful back and forth. I tried and got reported. Doesn’t seem like anyone wants to offer different ideas like was said “for fear of points” so then there’s nothing else to say.

Sorry. I say “you” in the general sense. It just seems that people are trying to fit in. Fine. And that means changing what is allowed to fit in. I think it was agreed that what is considered normal is fluid. Do you think people are going to continue to draw the line at race?

Only boring because there was no meaningful back and forth. I tried and got reported. Doesn’t seem like anyone wants to offer different ideas like was said “for fear of points” so then there’s nothing else to say.
This thread is about trans issues and the discussion is about trans people. Important information has been shared about this specific topic.

This thread is about trans issues and the discussion is about trans people. Important information has been shared about this specific topic.

It was about going into a women’s bathroom with men. It evolved, as that tends to happen when people start talking in circles. What else is left to say about trans people in public restrooms?

Solution was deemed private bathrooms for all.

This is a really good YouTube Playlist for those who want to learn about Trans people

Its a reaction series of the the UK tv program My Transsexual Summer which was on UK tv in November 2011. It follows a group of trans people, MTF and FTM and their experiences in day to day life. A transwoman called Luxeria watches it in real time and comments with her own thoughts and experiences of being trans in 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7mUAR6JXWEnGBAbl_GxmnvwicwIQXoNu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter