Just dreaming..........

WebmasterCricket

<font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>
Wouldn't this be nice?

okwmono.jpg

How much would you be willing to pay for it? Would you even want it?

JC

Hi JC,
Nice edit job.
I'm not sure I would want all the "visitors" that it would bring to our quiet "home"

I'm with Bill on this one. It would increase "tourist" traffic entirely too much for us who consider OKW "home".

Increased tourists mean more retail. Additional restaurants wouldn't be out of the question either.

-OR-

You could always beat down the invaders with a stick (checking their resort ID's might also work).

JC

I don't think the monorail fits in well with OKW...but that is a nice edit job!

Personally I think they should just redo the Epcot loop.....taking out to Int. Gateway for a second Epcot stop and possibly on to MGM. I don't think it would be necessary or even desireable to have a stop at each hotel. Of course there probably isn't room at the Gateway entrance to put a monorail stop....

But it would help the BWV bus problem a bit as we could catch the monorail to the MK!

Actually the last time we were at WDW and went to EPCOT, I thought there was already a space at the Gateway for a station just before you get to the ticket windows.

I think that having the monorail service the EPCOT resorts and MGM would solve a lot of the transportation issues, since the EPCOT resorts have a huge number of rooms.

I would gladly put up with a transfer at TCC to be able to get to the MK without taking a bus.

I've always said the monorail needed to be expanded, it would be great for it to loop around all the Epcot resorts and even to MGM .

No thank you, I just don't think OKW and the monorail go together. It would ruin the OKW atmosphere.

Very cool and I like that it's a labeled DVC monorail. ;)

I think a stop at the front of OKW only would be very nice indeed. :smooth:

Not sure... Less tourist traffic is still a benefit don't you think?

Mr. J. Cricket, nice editing job!! Don't you just love what you can do on computers??

It doesn't exactly fit in at the Poly or GF either. Take the monorail stop away from them and watch the fur fly! I'm sure that if it were there from the beginning, opinions about it would be a bit different.

I should have made this a poll.

JC

I'm a big monorail fan (note the picture to the left!), so I'd love to see it expanded... to OKW... and beyond! (to paraphrase Buzz Lightyear ;) ) I think it would be much less obtrusive than all the noisy, squealy, stinky buses.

Our first on-site stay was at Poly. When we bought DVC back in '92, we wondered if not having the monorail would bother us. It doesn't really, but I would sure prefer it to the bus.

Super editing job! Nice touch with the DVC logo on the monorail skirt :D

You are my idol when it comes to editing!!!!!!!!!!! I am a "newbie" when it comes to computers, and stuff like your picture just blows me away that people can do that!!!!I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!!!

To answer your question, I don't think the monorail fits the ambience of OKW, but I'd love to see them add stops at all the theme parks. This would probably only cost $500 billion!!!:eek:

If the monorail was extended to OKW, wouldn't OKW DVC owners have to foot at least some of the costs of building and maintaining! Image our annual dues!:eek:

I would love to see it extended to all the parks though. One bus to any park and park hopping would be a breeze!

Love those boats - hmmm... wonder if they can connect all the waterways and we can boat to the parks!:jester: But once again - those annual dues! If we can't even update the pool then ....

That was the original question. How much extra would you be willing to pay? You are already paying for the existing monorails, why not pay a little more for a new one that you would use even more?

JC

In my opinion, monorails are neat, but they are now a dinosaur. Hey, it's now the 21st century. Disneyland had a monorail in 1955 !

I would much rather see a fully integrated, computerized, individualized transportation system. It would probably work best if it were at an elevated level (like a monorail), but the track could be magnetic levitation etc. And it would not be a train. Instead, they would be small individual cars, capable of holding maybe 6-8 people. At the station, you would press the CALL button (similar to pushing a button for an elevator). When the car arrives, you get in, and press your destination button. (Any resort, DD, any theme park, etc) and you are taken directly to that destination. When you exit, the car is routed to whatever location has another pending CALL.

They could even make it so that you had to insert your resort card prior to making a call or going anywhere.

Just imagine OKW with no more busses, but rather this transportation station where you push a button, get into a vehicle, and away you go..........

Yeah just like the Tommorrowland Transit Authority cars in tomorrowland, the little blue magnetic drive cars would be kinda nice except for the outside conditions when it's raining or cold

I wouldn't mind if it was just at the front, but tracks to all the outer areas of OKW would be quite unsightly!! I also don't think it would be any quieter than the buses! Have you ever noticed how you can hear the monorail quite well when it arrives at Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter