• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just for fun... How much would you pay for Fastpass?

That's tough to say. We are AP holders. I would hope that APs would get FP for free or at least some kind of discount.

Having said that, if I could add unlimited FP to our APs I would. We generally visit twice a year (during non-Covid times) for a yearly total of about 10-12 days. I think I could stomach an add on of $100-200/pp for unlimited FP. $300/pp would give me pause, but I'd probably still do it. So basically around $30/day/pp.

If it was a true unlimited FP without a bunch of "blackout" rides, I would be willing to pay around $25/day/person for that.

I honestly have no idea. I use touringplans.com and if with no fastpasses the days I want to do at Disney parks don't look good, I don't do the trip. I've passed on getting together with family down there on numerous Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks for example. So to start with before ever considering paying extra for an FP, I would look for a good experience with no paying for fastpasses at all (how does the experience look with a customized plan in touringplans.com). Having been so many times too, we are willing to throw out doing certain rides to make our whole touring plan look better (e.g. for the Magic Kingdom, we don't bother with 7DMT (one and done - way too long a line for what it is and not a must do for us) and we don't bother with Peter Pan (totally not worth the line). With short lines we'd do these, but we would not ever pay extra to do these. Throwing some popular things out and doing things at rope drop can make your whole day look a heck of a lot better.)

But lol (looks like I'm a big time sucker for payng for a more pleasant experience in some cases). On our next trip March of 2022 (love the glorious March weather, but it's a busy spring break time too), two twenty somethings in our party want to do one day at Universal (park to park) and the ticket itself is already about $180 pp for that. With it being a busy spring break week and the fact that we won't be back for a long time and never do more than one day at Universal (are more into Disney/SeaWorld/relative visiting (relatives who live in Orlando and Tampa)) -- We won't be doing other Universal experiences where we would pay for them and they aren't in the financial position to go on there own, I am thinking the two of them would have a much better one day experience and get a Universal fix with the one time FP option (They are doing a Wednesday - hear weekends are even worse -- the week day, though, means that at least the fastpass lines for most rides won't be too bad). If prices are similar to what they are this year that FP will cost about $150 pp on top of the ticket. Neither the universal tickets or one one FPs per attraction add ons are in my allocated vacation budget. Everything else fits well in my vacation budget, though. It sounds literally insane to pay almost $350 a person for a day at Universal, but it helps a lot that we are only talking two people (no one else wants to go to these parks and will have other plans for that day). Anyway, these two tickets with the FPs are going to be my Christmas present to my son for 2021 (so I guess it helps me, as I typically have no idea what to get him for Christmas and this is a frivolous/fun thing I know they will enjoy). My bean counter personality checked out prices of a deluxe Universal hotel room, but that was considerably more expensive given that we are talking fastpasses for just one day, not two and we are talking just two people. If we had more people on the trip who wanted to go to Universal, there is absolutely no way we would do this for anyone (It would just be crazy price wise and we like to keep things the same for all members of the extended family (not having someone do something more elitist that others might want to do). We in the past have had 10 members in the family go to Universal for a day with a park to park tickets-- that would be a small fortune to even entertain paying for spring break park to park tickets and fastpasses for all and would be an absolute no.

We always stay offsite FYI -- great condo deals in Orlando (wonderful quality for price).

Last edited:

At the moment? Zero.

If I go on a trip where I don't get to ride one of FOP, RNRC, SDMT, etc.? More than zero.

If I go on a trip where I don't get to ride any of FOP, RNRC, SDMT, etc.? A lot more than zero (begrudgingly).

We used FastPass during our last trip to Disney (pre-covid). Didn't really find the ability to pre-reserve 3 each day to be that big of a deal. Certainly wouldn't pay for that feature and many of the prior comments are assuming various versions of what FastPass might look like. FastPass really has never solved the problem of parks being too crowded. Disney should focus more on ride capacity when designing new rides. From the comments I read on this site, it sounds like the new StarWars ride doesn't have nearly the capacity it should for the demand. Not sure how they could have missed the mark by so much during design.

Disney is the business of making money and they will do whatever to increase shareholder profits. I know that folks on the DIS all think "well i am paying a premium to stay at an onsite value so I should get lots of perks." but they have realized that they can make more profit by focusing on the highest paying guests who pay for suites, deluxe resorts and other premium events. There are plenty of folks who have more money than time and will pay to enhance their experience in the limited time they have. Everyone else is just filler people. If Disney realizes they can double the price of a ticket and it cuts out half of the people and it increases the experience for that group of people then it is a win or at least a wash. These folks willing to pay higher prices are also the same people who will spend more on souvenirs, dining, etc.

Do you get to visit WDW frequently? My family don't. We can only go once every other year in the summer.
Well, we’re in the UK, so ‘no’ is the answer to that. We were last over in December 2019 and have another trip booked for December 2022... (it was originally planned for December 2021 but DW and I won’t visit while masks are compulsory. We’re Northern Europeans and masks in our paltry summer heat were unbearable here last year, let alone in Florida’s aggressive blend of heat and humidity... And as for wearing one pretty much solidly for a 10 hour flight plus time in the airports at each end... 🙁

I actually like the system that Disneyland uses. So much better. I would be willing to shell out the same for it.

I gladly paid for MaxPass at DL, and we loved it. It was $10-15 a day per person. It allowed you to make FP on the app after entering the park, for either park. You could easily have 2-3 running at the same time.

I would pay a decent amount if it was not tied to an onsite stay. With DME and EMH gone if I could stay offsite and put that money into FP I would in a heartbeat.

Absolutely no more than I might for Park Hopping
If I pay for a FP, I'm not paying again to PH ( which I've given up on anyway)

There's nothing "fun" about thinking about how much I'd pay for something that used to be free. All I can say is if this starts costing real money--like $50/day or something--it will seriously limit either my resort stay or my food budget. Because if something like this is instituted, I'll want it, since I'm not in love with standing in line for hours. Right now, though? I'll just be happy to be back at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter