Just for fun - What rules have you broken?

WDWMom

DIS Veteran
This is not for debate, just a fun confessional of the rules you have broken while at a DVC resort...

We have...

had 5 people in a 1 bdrm (before we were told it was "OK")
we take pool towels to the water parks, but bring them back

Let's see, what else... I'll have to think.

Had 5 in a 1BR (but DD was 3 and turned 4 on checkout day)

Take the pool towels back to the room

I was polite to a Yankee fan :smooth:

MikeBW said:
Had 5 in a 1BR (but DD was 3 and turned 4 on checkout day)

Take the pool towels back to the room

I was polite to a Yankee fan :smooth:
Yikes!! :sad2: You were polite to a Yankee fan? Why on earth would you do something like that?? You broke the biggest rule there is! :rotfl2:

I have never done this, we always in a 2 bedroom with washer and dryer....BUT, when sitting at a quiet pool, I always see people coming and getting stacks of pool towels. Is this for you to have fresh ones while you in a studio???
Like I said, I don't think it is "wrong", just a non issue for us. :)

oh yes - bringing the pool towels back - but not to use - it is sometimes cold and I have long hair - so I put the towel around my hair so I won't freeze.

my other rules - I say for years I won't rent points - well last year and this one definitely have changed my mind...

On numerous occasions, I've used the pools after the posted hours.:fish:

LOL, Johnny, that was what I was going to post too! We don't usualy go down to the hot tub until after 10PM!

I've used pool at OKW and BWV after posted hours also.

I pool hopped to the AKL before I was a DVC member. Have to confess I didn't know it was illegal (albeit not enforced) but as we know, ignorance of the law is not a defense.

I've had one other infraction, not at a DVC resort, but I'm not talking about it. :rolleyes1

Wow--
what a brave thread!
My husband was polite to a Yankees fan BEFORE the Sox won it all-- and this guy was throwing Aaron Boone in our face... I contemplated divorce, but he does all the laundry :rotfl2:
We also pool hopped at Stormalong Bay the day we signed the papers to become BCV members-- stretching it, to say the least... ;)

I forgot about swimming in pools after hours. DH and I jumped in the BW pool one night after a great night at Jelly Rolls. I believe it was my birthday and we had a little too much to drink. :drinking1 Had to take a taxi back to OKW soaking wet. BTW, we took some BW towels back to OKW that night. :ssst:

oh yea - forgot that one too - swimming in the pool after 10:00pm - guility...
definitely during the hot tub after hours.

WDWMom said:
I forgot about swimming in pools after dark. DH and I jumped in the BW pool one night after a great night at Jelly Rolls. I believe it was my birthday and we had a little too much to drink. Had to take a taxi back to OKW soaking wet. BTW, we took some BW towels back to OKW that night.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
That is too funny, I want to come hang around with you on vacation. Haven't jumped in the pool, but I do remember a time at the F&W that I don't how we got back from Epcot to BWV.

Maybe we need to start a new thread "who's had too much magical pixie spirits while at WDW"

Well, check out is 11 AM and I think the quiet pools at OKW "opened" at 10, and that just wasn't enough time for me to enjoy the pool and get ready to leave, so we showed up at 9:30, to find we weren't the only ones! I'm a morning person, don't think you'll ever find me in a pool or hot tub after hours.

Do take the towels from the pool to wrap ourselves for the walk back, have done that at VB as well. We do bring them back to the container, I hope that makes it alright.

Bobbi :flower:

We have brought pool towels back to the room... but I didnt realize it was against the rules... we always brought them back.

We have yet to swim past closing, but I am sure at some point we will....

And lastly, not a DVC rule broken, but I did book a friends room with my AP discount. But I wont do it again. I felt very guilty about it. Plus it was a hassle to have to check them in.

OH, I know one.... I went to Universal once. But it was only once and I'll never do it again, I promise. I felt like I was sneaking around.

Laurabearz said:
We have brought pool towels back to the room... but I didnt realize it was against the rules... we always brought them back.

We have yet to swim past closing, but I am sure at some point we will....

And lastly, not a DVC rule broken, but I did book a friends room with my AP discount. But I wont do it again. I felt very guilty about it. Plus it was a hassle to have to check them in.

I don't actually think that is breaking a rule, but if you weren't staying with them I guess it might be. You are allowed several rooms per AP for the discount.

roadtripper said:
Wow--
what a brave thread!
My husband was polite to a Yankees fan BEFORE the Sox won it all-- and this guy was throwing Aaron Boone in our face... I contemplated divorce, but he does all the laundry :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

carol1231 said:
OH, I know one.... I went to Universal once. But it was only once and I'll never do it again, I promise. I felt like I was sneaking around.

I know, me too! Isn't it kinda strange? I liked it, but I don't go too often, only have been twice, but I felt like I was having an affair! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Let's see...

We have had 5 in a 1BR
We have had 10 in a 2BR (lots of very youn kids)
I still feel guilty about this but when pushing the stroller through the turnstile I put my ticket in and the cast member pulled my just 3.5 year old in and never asked or looked to see if we used her ticket, so I now have an extra one to use.
We have pool hopped to AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter