Just Go With It, a May 2014 Trip Report - UPDATED 6/26 FINAL PART

We had actually considered going over to Animal Kingdom too, so that way we would hit all 4 parks in one day but we decided that would've worked out best if we had went there first thing in the morning, then over to the Star Wars Weekends. By the time we were in Epcot, it was getting late into the afternoon and we didn't want to feel rushed at all.

sounds like a fun - if busy - last day .... bummer that you didn't get to do as much as you wanted Star Wards-wise. It does seem those get very crowded and I think the first day is usually worse (being the first day and all) than other days

Glad you had that magical interaction with the CM that cleaned up the popcorn!

Compshu - Good on you and your wife for packing it in on the last day; park hopping....and all with kids. It looks like you had a lot of fun with them and I'm totally envious that you all got to enjoy a little bit of SWW. I'd love to go myself....someday.

Glad that there is Disney Magic still.

Thanks for sharing.

Following along and haven't posted yet .... Beautiful family and a fabulous vacation so far : )

Welcome aboard!

sounds like a fun - if busy - last day .... bummer that you didn't get to do as much as you wanted Star Wards-wise. It does seem those get very crowded and I think the first day is usually worse (being the first day and all) than other days

Glad you had that magical interaction with the CM that cleaned up the popcorn!

It was awesome to get a taste of the Star Wars stuff they had going on, but we definitely need to plan that day out a little better. It was pretty busy there, but I couldn't imagine what it was like the weekend they had Billy Dee Williams and Mark Hamill.

Compshu - Good on you and your wife for packing it in on the last day; park hopping....and all with kids. It looks like you had a lot of fun with them and I'm totally envious that you all got to enjoy a little bit of SWW. I'd love to go myself....someday.

Glad that there is Disney Magic still.

Thanks for sharing.

You'll get there. Maybe they should just build Disneyland Sydney.

Hey.

I read all the updates now. Your little man is a ladies man. It looks like you all had a great time. It was great to meet up with you sorry we couldn't make the ride work.

On a side note I didn't know that you didn't know that i was deploying. I am headed out there for 6 months. Not getting issued a weapon so should be pretty safe. It's a bit of a bummer but I guess it is in the job description and the plan is to do a cruise when I get back so thats a win.

That's awesome that you have the cruise lined up, gives everyone something to look forward to (besides you coming home) while you are gone. We need to get onto a cruise at some point. Stay safe.

I have one more part to post, I'll probably have it up tomorrow. I've been quite busy since I started this Shameless plug.

We got up the next morning early enough to finish packing all of our stuff. When we were ready, I called over to bell services and requested someone to come pick up our bags. Five minutes later, a CM arrived in a cart to load the bags up and I rode with him over to airline check in. I checked our bags with no problems, and they were even able to apply the baggage fee waiver and my TSA PreCheck right there at the resort. It was great not having to lug around our checked bags anymore. I got the boarding passes, and met up with everyone else in the lobby to have some breakfast, since we had a few quick service credits left.

During breakfast, Becky noticed that the room charge for O’hana was way more than the tip we left. We determined that since they were having trouble with their system that morning and were manually writing down the MagicBand numbers, they had accidentally charged the meal to our room and not to our dining plan. I took the room bill over to the concierge desk, and they confirmed that we still had one table service credit each. He calculated the cost of the meal for the five of us, minus the tip, and credited that back to the card on file. Then he charged our dining plan for the breakfast, which left us with two snack credits. We grabbed two snacks from the gift shop, and made our way to the bus stop. We loaded onto the bus and made our way to the airport. It took us three flights and many hours, but we made it home with no problems.

As we transitioned back into our home and work routine, we started planning our next trip. We still don’t know when that will be, or where we will be staying, but we know that we will be back. Next time, we won’t have to worry about a long flight over, and we will most likely be driving down from North Carolina. Now, it’s just a matter of figuring out the available time, and working out the cost so that we can set our budget and save for it. Maybe on our next trip we can have some more meet ups with great friends here on the boards.

Thanks for joining me and my family as we relive our great trip to Walt Disney World. I hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures, and maybe even got inspired to try something new. From my family to yours, many thanks, and here’s to many great Disney vacations! See ya real soon.

Thank you so much for sharing your family's adventures with us all. You have a beautiful family and it was a pleasure to read your trip report!

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us sir. I enjoyed reading along.

When do you expect to be transferred to the Carolinas?
As a local, I must say that it may be a bit of a downgrade from the Pacific Ilse, but we call it home.

Thanks for sharing - it was great to read about your trip and "meet" your family!

It sounds like it was a great trip - still get some goose bumps thinking about your swearing in ceremony inside MK :goodvibes

Thanks again for your service - wish you all the best with the move to North Carolina!

Thanks for following along, everyone..

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us sir. I enjoyed reading along.

When do you expect to be transferred to the Carolinas?
As a local, I must say that it may be a bit of a downgrade from the Pacific Ilse, but we call it home.

Well, we lived in NC for 3 years before getting stationed in Hawaii. I'm actually being sent back to the same unit I started my career at. What we really wanted was Tampa, but at least it will be nice to get back to the 'real world' because living in 'Paradise' can sometimes feel like we are disconnected from everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter