Just got a call for an In-room security inspection

It’s not only you. Been organizing trips elsewhere. Next up: 1bedroom 1bath carriage house with full kitchen, washer/drier located Florida panhandle in a great beach development, private beach steps away from an easy beach access point, with reserved lounge chairs and umbrella both set up daily and included in the daily rate, lake views with gas grill on large balcony. Newly built (2017), great owner to work with. We anticipate a relaxing week. No security checks or parking fees. Cost: less than a Disney moderate. I think I found a new “bubble.”
The 30A are is wonderful...assuming thats where you are going. We vacation down there 2x a year. It is a quick 7 hour drive from Nashville. Enjoy!

The 30A are is wonderful...assuming thats where you are going. We vacation down there 2x a year. It is a quick 7 hour drive from Nashville. Enjoy!

Exactly! We have stayed up and down the panhandle from Panama City beach all the way west to Perdido key. Some areas are way too commercialized and busy, too far removed from the gulf, or run down and dated . We are going during the late summer but the fall rates are even better. A similar place we stayed in last October which wasn’t available for our dates had a small private heated pool right off the deck, in addition to the 2 community pools in the development. The owner turned on the heat and the dancing colored lights for us every night. Beach and riding bikes during the day, private heated pool at night, great restaurants in Rosemary Beach and further east. We had a ball.

Nearby Grayton beach area boasts one of the top beaches in the country. Better than Destin/Sandestin, it’s next to a protected state area.

Exactly! We have stayed up and down the panhandle from Panama City beach all the way west to Perdido key. Some areas are way too commercialized and busy, too far removed from the gulf, or run down and dated . We are going during the late summer but the fall rates are even better. A similar place we stayed in last October which wasn’t available for our dates had a small private heated pool right off the deck, in addition to the 2 community pools in the development. The owner turned on the heat and the dancing colored lights for us every night. Beach and riding bikes during the day, private heated pool at night, great restaurants in Rosemary Beach and further east. We had a ball.

Nearby Grayton beach area boasts one of the top beaches in the country. Better than Destin/Sandestin, it’s next to a protected state area.

We usually go Memorial Day week and fall break (October). We stay at the Hilton Beach resort in Sandestin because it is free (points). Everyone from our area vacations at 30A...mostly home rentals. It is so nice...like being in the Caribbean with USA comforts. We just stick inside Sandestin and avoid the Destin craziness. Haven’t ever done PCB, as it seems too much like myrtle beach.

We usually go Memorial Day week and fall break (October). We stay at the Hilton Beach resort in Sandestin because it is free (points). Everyone from our area vacations at 30A...mostly home rentals. It is so nice...like being in the Caribbean with USA comforts. We just stick inside Sandestin and avoid the Destin craziness. Haven’t ever done PCB, as it seems too much like myrtle beach.
Yea we avoid PCB too now. It’s hard to find a smallish rental appropriate fir a couple only but I am having luck. Gave you tried what’s called embark in Sandestin ? My sister has a time share there and they can book extra vacations since they are retired and can go offseason and book at the last mi it’s. They love it. But you take a shuttle to the beach.

I like this type of trip since I don’t have to worry about air fare and now our schedules are flexible since no longer in the corporate work force. We can go at the last minute too.

Well, speaking of unannounced security....

Was at Jambo one morning for a solo trip enjoying my coffee on the balcony... decided I needed a refill so went inside only to discover housekeeper emptying my bathroom trash... don't know which of us jumped higher! She was very apologetic and said she knocked, which I believe since I did have the TV on at the time. And no, it wasn't a "trash and towel" day, so I had no reason to expect anyone to come in the room except for the serurity check.

Certainly wasn't her fault and we had a lovely chat but talk about a shock! LOL

Well, speaking of unannounced security....

Was at Jambo one morning for a solo trip enjoying my coffee on the balcony... decided I needed a refill so went inside only to discover housekeeper emptying my bathroom trash... don't know which of us jumped higher! She was very apologetic and said she knocked, which I believe since I did have the TV on at the time. And no, it wasn't a "trash and towel" day, so I had no reason to expect anyone to come in the room except for the serurity check.

Certainly wasn't her fault and we had a lovely chat but talk about a shock! LOL

Exact thing happened to me at BWV in February. No tv on but between the boat horns and the seagulls I didn’t hear squat. I think I got a few more gray hairs that day.

They call me for those every trip since the new policy went into effect. I leave my sign up 24/7. I just tell them a good time to come and they come.

They call me for those every trip since the new policy went into effect. I leave my sign up 24/7. I just tell them a good time to come and they come.

Interesting about the calls. Did they call daily? I guess this is a non-DVC room? I stayed DVC this year, multiple resorts. Not a single call. I am sure I left the room occupied sign up accidentally for longer than 24 hours straight. Messing with the sign just not something I focus on. They kept falling off the door knob anyway. As usual Disney’s policy lacks consistency.

I read on another website that the security measures are to prevent another Las Vegas hotel shooting. In short, they're checking to make sure nobody's stockpiling guns in their hotel room.
Except all they do is stick their head in. Don’t look in closets, luggage, drawers so these “security” checks do nothing but annoy guests. And I can imagine the outrage if they come in and looked in people’s personal things and suitcases.

It’s not only you. Been organizing trips elsewhere. Next up: 1bedroom 1bath carriage house with full kitchen, washer/drier located Florida panhandle in a great beach development, private beach steps away from an easy beach access point, with reserved lounge chairs and umbrella both set up daily and included in the daily rate, lake views with gas grill on large balcony. Newly built (2017), great owner to work with. We anticipate a relaxing week. No security checks or parking fees. Cost: less than a Disney moderate. I think I found a new “bubble.”
Sounds wonderful! We stay 10-12 days at a hotel half a block from Deerfield Beach pre WDW. I always rent the unit with kitchen. I like to make my own breakfast.

Well a call is nice when we were there in June my daughter went back to our room to nap and did not secure the door. When they woke her they found out the hard way that she's the daughter of a Marine. I think that some ears are still ringing from the language she used.
It's only a matter of time before someone is assaulted (and I worry about both guests and cast members) with this policy. And afterward people will sit and wonder who OKed the idea of strangers just walking into people's hotel rooms - while people are in there - without their knowledge and consent.

The upscale NYC hotel I stayed in during part of my June trip had 2 door signs that were clear and to the point. Not sure if the design was due to the mix of international visitors or just a plain old good, unambiguous approach. I was impressed with the simplicity of it. No room occupied foolishness. One said yes, one said no. We used them. They worked.

It's only a matter of time before someone is assaulted (and I worry about both guests and cast members) with this policy. And afterward people will sit and wonder who OKed the idea of strangers just walking into people's hotel rooms - while people are in there - without their knowledge and consent.

How is it any different than normal housekeeping? They also are strangers going into your hotel room.

And as far as consent goes, you give it when you agree to Disney's Terms and Conditions when booking a room.

For those of you that received the call to ask if they can come do a room check/trash empty visit, would you mind sharing:

1. do they call on the room phone or your cell phone?

2. do they call before noon or after?

3. my earlier question, do they call daily?

4. is the call from housekeeping? Front desk? Security? Or can you tell?

How is it any different than normal housekeeping? They also are strangers going into your hotel room.

And as far as consent goes, you give it when you agree to Disney's Terms and Conditions when booking a room.

When you make a reservation via a phone call with CRO, does the CM read those terms and conditions to you? I haven’t made a call to book a CRO room in many years, so I am curious. Maybe the terms and conditions are included in the confirmation email they send you? What happens when someone books using a third party? Maybe they tell you in MDE somewhere, or when you check in at the front desk? Thanks.

Interesting about the calls. Did they call daily? I guess this is a non-DVC room? I stayed DVC this year, multiple resorts. Not a single call. I am sure I left the room occupied sign up accidentally for longer than 24 hours straight. Messing with the sign just not something I focus on. They kept falling off the door knob anyway. As usual Disney’s policy lacks consistency.

They called daily. It was a DVC studio at SSR. 2 separate stays this year one in April and one in May. Will see what happens in October.

For those of you that received the call to ask if they can come do a room check/trash empty visit, would you mind sharing:

1. do they call on the room phone or your cell phone?

2. do they call before noon or after?

3. my earlier question, do they call daily?

4. is the call from housekeeping? Front desk? Security? Or can you tell?

1. Room phone.
2. Afternoon
3. Daily for me.
4. The messages just said they needed me to call HK to let them know when to schedule a security check. When they actually reached me they said they were from HK and just asked what a good time was. As someone who has had money and items taken from rooms on 3 occasions since 1997, I strongly prefer to be there when anyone comes in. And yes I know i could have used the safe etc, it was my own fault not securing things properly etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I never answered a call back in February at BWV, BCV, or the Poly studio I stayed at. They just came. I didn’t notice a message waiting light either. Maybe it’s a tweaking of the policy since early February, or something that’s done at SSR only?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter