Just got a Great offer from Disney Visa

Mu
Has anyone been given an explanation of why it didn’t work on restaurants at WDW? We activated and just finished a trip to WDW…it didn’t work at Narcoosee’s, Sanaa, Coral Reef, Tiffins, and Skipper Canteen. The only place it worked for us was the store Once Upon Time at DHS. I would use it to pay for our WDW hotel in October, but I don’t want to waste an opportunity and maybe only get 1% rewards when I have another card that is 2.5% cashback. Thoughts on why this is happening with the offer?

Best guess as to the “why” is that these things are all computerized, and not every destination that should have worked was put into the system properly. I doubt there was any strategy to it.

literally probably ONE GUY is at fault because he didn’t get his coffee one day. Lol

Has anyone been given an explanation of why it didn’t work on restaurants at WDW? We activated and just finished a trip to WDW…it didn’t work at Narcoosee’s, Sanaa, Coral Reef, Tiffins, and Skipper Canteen. The only place it worked for us was the store Once Upon Time at DHS. I would use it to pay for our WDW hotel in October, but I don’t want to waste an opportunity and maybe only get 1% rewards when I have another card that is 2.5% cashback. Thoughts on why this is happening with the offer?
I don't have an explanation, but we just returned and received the bonus on all our purchases at WDW stores and on our hotel bill (at Pop.) It didn't credit for any dining. We surpassed the max spend with our hotel and shopping (I think it's $1500?) so not really a big deal for our situation, but I know a disappointment if you aren't staying on site.

Also--Chase is offering another promotion with their My Chase plan option. They are waiving the fees for a My Chase plan for travel purchases. It works similarly to the deal they offer for WDW travel packages--you can spread out payments over 3,6, 9 months, with no interest and no fees. A nice option for us, since we did a room only reservation this time and didn't get the package financing.

Last edited:
I don't have an explanation, but we just returned and received the bonus on all our purchases at WDW stores and on our hotel bill (at Pop.) It didn't credit for any dining. We surpassed the max spend with our hotel and shopping (I think it's $1500?) so not really a big deal for our situation, but I know a disappointment if you aren't staying on site.

Also--Chase is offering another promotion with their My Chase plan option. They are waiving the fees for a My Chase plan for travel purchases. It works similarly to the deal they offer for WDW travel packages--you can spread out payments over 3,6, 9 months, with no interest and no fees. A nice option for us, since we did a room only reservation this time and didn't get the package financing.

Is it automatically offered to all Chase visa? Or is it something that I have to apply for?

I have had DV since Day One and have never bothered to upgrade . I don’t feel this card is very generous with rewards and don’t want to pay a yearly fee. I ignore most notices for these incentives . Actually didn’t realize you have to register or activate. I noticed they haven’t been giving me reward dollars for my yearly dues maintenance payment.
I keep the card because it isDisney and has a Disney picture to choose from.
Thanks for the reminder I guess I will have to call to correct the point imbalance for those Disney Reward Dollars.

Is it automatically offered to all Chase visa? Or is it something that I have to apply for?
I think it's all Chase cards? You can check by going to your online statement and any purchase over $100 will have the option to start a plan. When you click that, it will give you the breakdown of fees, and for travel it should show no fees.

I think it's all Chase cards? You can check by going to your online statement and any purchase over $100 will have the option to start a plan. When you click that, it will give you the breakdown of fees, and for travel it should show no fees.
Just check my DV account. The fee and interest were waived on the charge posted by the Disney resort for the resort parking fee :guilty: and room charges.... silver lining of the situation.. Thank you all!!

You can check for this on any of your Chase cards at mybonus (chase.com)

THANK YOU!! I just checked... we have the 6% offer! Never got an email about it, though. Unfortunately we have traveled a lot this spring and put much of it on a different card- Hilton AmEx for a great bonus, too... but I love some "free" Disney money!!

We just got back from a Disney trip and I had activated the offer previously. None of my Disney spending (restaurants, snacks, spending at my resort etc) counted for the extra 5% or 6% when I look at my rewards list.
Same here. The offer said it could take 8 weeks for the bonus to appear but it seems like you should be able to see it attached to eligible purchases.

Update: They did not give me the extra percent on 3 restaurants in Disney (LTT, Hollywood Brown Derby, and I can't remember the third one). They sent a letter saying that wording just says some Disney purchases.

Update: They did not give me the extra percent on 3 restaurants in Disney (LTT, Hollywood Brown Derby, and I can't remember the third one). They sent a letter saying that wording just says some Disney purchases.

Hang up call again and tell them that you went to Disney branded restaurants in their parks and would expect that the wording applied to other outlets that sell at places like Disney Springs that just rent space from Disney. Be polite and confident and if you don't get it try again. Some people have gotten their Disney Dollars. It's an ambiguous offer and the customer who trusted they would get their rewards and used the card because of the offer should be served. It's not like you were trying to do something shady. And it's usually all about how the charge codes. Probably if you had charged to a Disney room and used your Disney card to settle the bill, you would get the rewards.

Dang! I have the Premier Disney Visa and haven't gotten any of these :(
I have had a Disney visa for years and never received ANY offers! Mine says 1% on all purchases. This is the way it has always been for me. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
I have had a Disney visa for years and never received ANY offers! Mine says 1% on all purchases. This is the way it has always been for me. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you are actually using the card as much as they would like so they don't have to chase you with offers. I rarely use mine and got both offers. The first one, April through June was 5% on anything. Second one, not so great unless you were buying tickets through Disney or going to Disney, plus gas, I believe. I got 75 DD for the first one and I'll probably only get 10 or 15 for the second, but I'll take it.

Or maybe you haven't used the card in a year. I try to use mine every couple of months to keep it going.

I actually reached out to Chase about it, they said the offers are only available to select card members. Didn't offer any specifics beyond that, but the offers don't apply to everyone apparently. Bummer!

Maybe you are actually using the card as much as they would like so they don't have to chase you with offers. I rarely use mine and got both offers. The first one, April through June was 5% on anything. Second one, not so great unless you were buying tickets through Disney or going to Disney, plus gas, I believe. I got 75 DD for the first one and I'll probably only get 10 or 15 for the second, but I'll take it.

Or maybe you haven't used the card in a year. I try to use mine every couple of months to keep it going.
I use mine pretty often. It just takes me FOREVER to earn rewards. I would love to get a few promotions to bump up my rewards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter