• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just got back... experience with GAC

lsg1 said:
I am thinking of renting a wheelchair, but for the times I can walk, do you think I would be able to get a GAC so that I would not have to stand during long lines? Or should I just sit in the wheel chair during the line wait?
Most of the lines don't have a place to sit.
For most of the attractions that load a "batch" of people at once, the line is still for a period of time - usually the length of the preshow - then it moves quickly for a few minutes while the next batch of people is loaded, then stops again for a while (Some examples are Haunted Mansion and Test Track).
For the attractions that load fairly continually, you are walking slowly during the whole wait - although some where the ride car stops for loading will have frequent short periods where you stop moving for 30 seconds to a minute at a time. (An example would be Pirates).
For the theater type shows, some have a few benches, but they are first come, first serve, so there is no guarantee that you will get a seat (unless you bring your own). ;)
If I did get a GAC, do I need a letter from my doctor, (or maybe I can just show the CM my foot long scar on my leg).
No, you don't need a letter. just to be able to explain to the CMs in Guest Services in the parks what your needs are. But, your needs are basically endurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter