Just got back from Mom & Daughter Trip

Dolewhipt

Earning My Ears
So magical and perfect!

My little girl (7) and I had 4-day Park hoppers—2 nights at Disneyland Hotel and 2 at Park Vue Inn. Got in on Thursday and left today.

Random thoughts:
*Disneyland hotel pool area is so great. I had Dole Whips with Rum by the pool and I adored the monorail slides. Service was impeccable.

*The Park Vue Inn was clean and a much quicker walk at the end of the day...but I didn’t have that “vacation” feel there. If I were with a group that wanted a hotel for sleeping only, I’d give it a thumbs up. If I go again, though, I’ll stay at DL or GCH. I like the resort feeling.

*I am a huge chicken and GOTG was terrible for me. Cool ride, great music, but oh lord I will never ride that again. Scared the pixie dust right outta me.

*Fantasmic package was worth every penny. My little girl and I were in the front row and it was amazing. Spectacular. Dinner at Blue Bayou was delicious, and more food than either of us could have ever possibly eaten. Loved our cute seat cushions.

*I feel almost disloyal saying this, but Disneyland was a noticeably dirtier than I remember. And we had a really rude (not indifferent, seriously rude) cast member at space mountain and another at Stage Door. I expect this at typical theme parks, but I’d hoped Disney was immune, lol.

*Pixar Pier’s actors playing Woody and Jessie were amazing with my daughter. Jessie is her fave and their interaction with her was the trip highlight!

*Incredicoaster is probably right at the edge of my roller coaster comfort level, lol. It was intense but fun. The new theming made it look a lot better. I was never drawn to ride it on past trips, but I’m glad I did.

*(Slightly heretical question for you Disney enthusiasts) What’s with the meh landscaping in DCA? In DL, the landscaping always looks great and really adds to the ambiance. In DCA, I like it in the Grizzly area, and in the Cars Land, but otherwise the lighting and planting just remind me of the acceptable-yet-uninspired blandness of a late 90’s strip mall.

*Another heretical comment—I don’t like the lake area with the world of color lights. I know I’m in the minority, but I saw WOC once and didn’t think it was worth having to keep such an ugly and visible section in place all the time.

*The fireworks in DL were even better than I remember, and seeing Buzz Lightyear fly across the sky was amazing.

*I liked the new(?) lady pirate on the pirates ride. My little one was hoping there’d be a shirt with her on it. Pretty cute.

*Max Pass is also worth every penny. If you’re on the fence, do it! Also liked mobile food ordering (although maybe poutine wasn’t the best choice in 100+ temps, haha).

*Big Thunder Mountain doesn’t seem to get much attention, but it was so fun, especially after dark!

Such a fun trip and I can’t wait to go again.

It looked mostly drained and like it was under repair. Which is fine, but even when it’s functional it isn’t very nice looking lol.

Oh—one more thing. Stuff some spicy Cheetos on your Angry Dog. Shamefully delightfully delicious.

Sounds like such a fun visit!! So happy you and your little girl had a great time.

I completely agree with you about WoC and what it has done to the water area in DCA. *Disclaimer: I don't care a bit about the show, so that figures in my opinion. Perhaps if they'd figured out a system for WoC that actually works, I'd feel differently, but as it is I think it's ugly during the day and messes up the park at night for something that is extraordinarily frustrating to try and watch if you're short.

So magical and perfect!

My little girl (7) and I had 4-day Park hoppers—2 nights at Disneyland Hotel and 2 at Park Vue Inn. Got in on Thursday and left today.

Random thoughts:
*Disneyland hotel pool area is so great. I had Dole Whips with Rum by the pool and I adored the monorail slides. Service was impeccable.

*The Park Vue Inn was clean and a much quicker walk at the end of the day...but I didn’t have that “vacation” feel there. If I were with a group that wanted a hotel for sleeping only, I’d give it a thumbs up. If I go again, though, I’ll stay at DL or GCH. I like the resort feeling.

*I am a huge chicken and GOTG was terrible for me. Cool ride, great music, but oh lord I will never ride that again. Scared the pixie dust right outta me.

*Fantasmic package was worth every penny. My little girl and I were in the front row and it was amazing. Spectacular. Dinner at Blue Bayou was delicious, and more food than either of us could have ever possibly eaten. Loved our cute seat cushions.

*I feel almost disloyal saying this, but Disneyland was a noticeably dirtier than I remember. And we had a really rude (not indifferent, seriously rude) cast member at space mountain and another at Stage Door. I expect this at typical theme parks, but I’d hoped Disney was immune, lol.

*Pixar Pier’s actors playing Woody and Jessie were amazing with my daughter. Jessie is her fave and their interaction with her was the trip highlight!

*Incredicoaster is probably right at the edge of my roller coaster comfort level, lol. It was intense but fun. The new theming made it look a lot better. I was never drawn to ride it on past trips, but I’m glad I did.

*(Slightly heretical question for you Disney enthusiasts) What’s with the meh landscaping in DCA? In DL, the landscaping always looks great and really adds to the ambiance. In DCA, I like it in the Grizzly area, and in the Cars Land, but otherwise the lighting and planting just remind me of the acceptable-yet-uninspired blandness of a late 90’s strip mall.

*Another heretical comment—I don’t like the lake area with the world of color lights. I know I’m in the minority, but I saw WOC once and didn’t think it was worth having to keep such an ugly and visible section in place all the time.

*The fireworks in DL were even better than I remember, and seeing Buzz Lightyear fly across the sky was amazing.

*I liked the new(?) lady pirate on the pirates ride. My little one was hoping there’d be a shirt with her on it. Pretty cute.

*Max Pass is also worth every penny. If you’re on the fence, do it! Also liked mobile food ordering (although maybe poutine wasn’t the best choice in 100+ temps, haha).

*Big Thunder Mountain doesn’t seem to get much attention, but it was so fun, especially after dark!

Such a fun trip and I can’t wait to go again.
Big Thunder Mountain an absolute favorite of mine!!! About Incredicoaster, I am pretty sure it is on the edge of my roller coaster comfort level as well haha. I plan on going on it for the first time in December. Never did when it was California Screamin, but I just saw Incredibles 2 to get in the mood. Have you ever been to Disney World and rode Rock n Roller Coaster? I did that and it was pretty awesome. How does it compare for you if you have done that?

I agree with this 100%. I love the pier area when the platform is down and every trace of WOC is hidden. I can't stand when the platform is raised and ruins the look of the entire area. And my family loves to ride all the pier rides at night with the views and the water, but when WOC is running, a lot of them close early so we can't ride them when it's dark. Boo.

Also, BTMRR is one of my top favorite rides. Love it. Glad you had a good time with your daughter.

Totally agree re Fantasmic package... I was really hesitant about it, but it was the highight of my trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter