Just got back from the vacation of a lifetime, thanks to Official Disney VIP Guide

BingBongFan

Earning My Ears
My family and I finally made our first trip to Disney World, and despite having young children with us and having almost no knowledge of the parks it was the best vacation we have ever gone on. We did a lot of things that made the trip easier on us, but the most important by far was hiring a Disney VIP guide for all of our park days. I can't fully describe the professionalism or personal touch our guide brought to the trip. All I can say is that he made us feel like the most important people in the world the entire time, giving us insight into the parks and their history, arranging quick service lunches so they were like sit down meals waiting for us after rides to avoid wasting time, and making sure we never waited more than a few minutes to get on any ride.

We were able to ride literally everything multiple times, without any stress or needing to figure out (or buy) genie+. He also made park hopping seamless and let us do things like spending the day going on rides at other parks and then dropping into MK at the last minute for fireworks with excellent vantage points. Having the guide also let us start off at our own pace each day. We could get up, eat a leisurely breakfast, get ready without time pressure and then start the day at 9:30 or 10 instead of rope dropping.

Of all the things we did on the trip, I would definitely say the guide was the best, especially since we had him for multiple days and didn't feel pressure to maximize the time too much.

I would also quickly flag that we used a guide in Universal as well and had a much worse experience. The guide there had great front of line access to rides but had very little knowledge of the parks and didn't really give us direction or help us plan our day well. We will not use a universal VIP guide again in the future.

A few other things I would call out that made the trip easy and relaxing for us:

1. Anytime we weren't using the guide to drive us we used Minnie Vans and they were a life saver. The drivers were uniformly excellent and they were able to handle car seats which made our life much easier. Most days we went to the parks in Minnie vans and met the guide to avoid using expensive hourly guide time driving to the parks.
  2. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, allowing the kids to have their own room with the living room as a buffer from us. This let us actually spend time as adults at the end of the day without worrying about waking the kids and it allowed us to spend time in the rooms without dealing with the clutter of suitcases and clothing in our living space.
  3. We spaced out the trip enough so that we usually had a down day by the pool in between park days.
  4. We made a point of having a sit down meal in a signature restaurant each day (before or after the guide time) which gave us a chance to relax even on park days.

On the assumption that your post is for real, would you mind divulging how much this amazing experience cost?
The total cost of the trip was in the mid-5 figures. It was very expensive but it was incredible. If we were pairing back, I'd lose anything else to keep the guide.

Last edited:
Welcome to the DIS!

Sounds like a great trip, how many rides were you able to do per day? CAn you eloborate which rides you did in which order?

On the assumption that your post is for real, would you mind divulging how much this amazing experience cost?
My guess would be 4 park days + 1 day at Universal plus guessing 4 rest days in between and time for travel. So we are talking an 8 night stay minimum in a 2 bedroom villa for at least 2 adults and 2 children (could be more).

My guess the minimum is:
Hotel: $7,000
4x 4-park day Disney: $2,000 (depending on packages etc.)
4x 1-park day Universal: $566
4 VIP tours at Disney (average $650 per hour, min. 7 hours)$ 18,220
1 VIP tour at Universal (average): $3,000
Tips for VIP guides: $1,000
Minnie Van Transport during the trip (total guess here): $1,000, incl airport
9 table service meals (conservative minimum guess, $70 adult, $40 child): $1,980 + $400 for tips
Additional food costs (breakfast, lunch, drinks/snacks): $2,000

My rough conservative estimate is a minimum of $37,000 for an 8 night trip for 2 adults and 2 children.

Last edited:

Welcome to the DIS!

Sounds like a great trip, how many rides were you able to do per day? CAn you eloborate which rides you did in which order?

My guess would be 4 park days + 1 day at Universal plus guessing 4 rest days in between and time for travel. So we are talking an 8 night stay minimum in a 2 bedroom villa for at least 2 adults and 2 children (could be more).

My guess the minimum is:
Hotel: $7,000
4x 4-park day Disney: $2,000 (depending on packages etc.)
4x 1-park day Universal: $566
4 VIP tours at Disney (average $650 per hour, min. 7 hours)$ 18,220
1 VIP tour at Universal (average): $3,000
Tips for VIP guides: $1,000
Minnie Van Transport during the trip (total guess here): $1,000, incl airport
9 table service meals (conservative minimum guess, $70 adult, $40 child): $990 + $200 for tips
Additional food costs (breakfast, lunch, drinks/snacks): $2,000

My rough conservative estimate is a minimum of $36,000 for an 8 night trip for 2 adults and 2 children.
Check the math on the TS meals. But again after spending 40 grand for a week, whats a few hundred dollars off? Oh wait , was the 70 for two adults or one…..I was thinking $35. Isn’t much more than a CS meal.

Check the math on the TS meals. But again after spending 40 grand for a week, whats a few hundred dollars off? Oh wait , was the 70 for two adults or one…..I was thinking $35. Isn’t much more than a CS meal.
You're right, messed that one up, forgot to multiply by 2. Updated it with another $1,000.

Hmmm... we've been on 32 trips to Disney and I'd guess I've spent mid-5 figures, all told, across 25 years. Heck, for a long time DH and I made mid-5 figures as our annual salary, combined- but we always found a way to take DD to Disney World!

A dear relative in treatment for cancer was gifted a trip like this through the military, American Airlines, the Gary Sinese Foundation, and others. A family of four, stayed at the Boardwalk, treated like royalty. It was an unexpected and priceless gift, designed to be a lifelong memory for her family. The donors never told her what it cost and neither will I.

It isn't unheard of to drop that amount. Lots of deep pockets. Heck, when I still worked in the Fortune 100 corporate world, my annual bonus would have covered that plus some. And I was just a director!

We live much more modestly now that I'm a SAHM, but we still make deluxe trips a priority - just not 30k lol.

I'm glad they had a trip of a lifetime. I'm impressed they could snag that many VIP tours in one trip!!

My family and I finally made our first trip to Disney World, and despite having young children with us and having almost no knowledge of the parks it was the best vacation we have ever gone on. We did a lot of things that made the trip easier on us, but the most important by far was hiring a Disney VIP guide for all of our park days. I can't fully describe the professionalism or personal touch our guide brought to the trip. All I can say is that he made us feel like the most important people in the world the entire time, giving us insight into the parks and their history, arranging quick service lunches so they were like sit down meals waiting for us after rides to avoid wasting time, and making sure we never waited more than a few minutes to get on any ride.

We were able to ride literally everything multiple times, without any stress or needing to figure out (or buy) genie+. He also made park hopping seamless and let us do things like spending the day going on rides at other parks and then dropping into MK at the last minute for fireworks with excellent vantage points. Having the guide also let us start off at our own pace each day. We could get up, eat a leisurely breakfast, get ready without time pressure and then start the day at 9:30 or 10 instead of rope dropping.

Of all the things we did on the trip, I would definitely say the guide was the best, especially since we had him for multiple days and didn't feel pressure to maximize the time too much.

I would also quickly flag that we used a guide in Universal as well and had a much worse experience. The guide there had great front of line access to rides but had very little knowledge of the parks and didn't really give us direction or help us plan our day well. We will not use a universal VIP guide again in the future.

A few other things I would call out that made the trip easy and relaxing for us:

1. Anytime we weren't using the guide to drive us we used Minnie Vans and they were a life saver. The drivers were uniformly excellent and they were able to handle car seats which made our life much easier. Most days we went to the parks in Minnie vans and met the guide to avoid using expensive hourly guide time driving to the parks.
  2. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, allowing the kids to have their own room with the living room as a buffer from us. This let us actually spend time as adults at the end of the day without worrying about waking the kids and it allowed us to spend time in the rooms without dealing with the clutter of suitcases and clothing in our living space.
  3. We spaced out the trip enough so that we usually had a down day by the pool in between park days.
  4. We made a point of having a sit down meal in a signature restaurant each day (before or after the guide time) which gave us a chance to relax even on park days.
I love this!
Yes, to VIP guides.
Yes, to a 2 bedroom villa or suite with little ones.
Yes, to Minnie Vans, everywhere. Those 2 car seats come in handy and the MV drivers are trained to install them safely and quickly.
Yes, to a Signature Dinner every night.
My perfect trip. The only part I disagree with is the title of ONCE in a lifetime. Heck No!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter