• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got Back....Happy to answer Questions

RyMickey

Disney Freak
Just got back from a 4-day stop at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, a 4-night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, and a 5-night stay at Boardwalk Villas. Went with a big group...at times we were a party of 14.

It was crowded without a doubt, but we saw everything we wanted over the nine days we were at WDW thanks to the early magic hours.

It was hot, too. Weather actually put a damper on us moreso than ever before. During the final two/three days, there were some massive thunderstorms at night...so many lightning strikes that we were honestly afraid to go out. Simply rode the monorail around to the hotels.

Our sit-down meals: Liberty Tree for lunch...Hollywood and Vine for dinner...Chef Mickey's for breakfast...Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue...'Ohana's dinner...the girls did Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch...Big River Grill and Brewery on the Boardwalk...ESPN Club...Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Hey Ry, Welcome back..
I am really interested in finding out about your meal at Big River Grill.. Was it good? do you need Advance Reservations and did they have specialty beers? TIA :teeth:

Jrabbit910 said:
Hey Ry, Welcome back..
I am really interested in finding out about your meal at Big River Grill.. Was it good? do you need Advance Reservations and did they have specialty beers? TIA :teeth:

It was good, but not as good as the last time we ate there. We ate there around 3:30 during their lunch menu and there was no wait (and no one else there at that point). They do have specialty beers (it is a brewery, after all). I'd recommend getting the beer sampler - seven 4-oz (I think) glasses of different beers. Sure, you might not like all of them, but it's interesting to try them all.

HesMyFairytale said:
we will be going at 'ohana for dinner in a few weeks...how did u like it?

Despite all the recent "complaints" about their menu change, all 14 of us on the trip thought it was wonderful. Very filling. If I'm being honest, though, they kept the sides a'coming this time, but the meats were not brought out a second or third time unless you asked for them (before they just brought them out). So, make sure you ask for anything you want more of. They will certainly bring more out to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter