Just Got Back - Jaleo is on our list to return next time!!

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
My daughter and I ate at Paleo the first day for a relaxed lunch. The food was EXCELLENT and they took my DVC discount which came out to be not much at all! We ordered what the waiter recommended and they were all delicious.

Lesson learned - I was using my disney experience to check availability and there wasn't any. However, I just walked over to Jaleo the night before and they booked me the lunch with the time that I specified right there!!

Boathouse was great too, but Jaleo is definitely at a different level for food!!

Great to know! I have an ADR for the boathouse, but it's too late for us. Will try to get an ADR at Paleo instead.

It has become a must do for us. Last time, we did the chefs tasting. Amazing, but don't eat during the day as its an enormous amount of food.

Jaleo was my favorite restaurant when I lived in DC so thrilled to hear good things about that location.

My daughter and I ate at Paleo the first day for a relaxed lunch. The food was EXCELLENT and they took my DVC discount which came out to be not much at all! We ordered what the waiter recommended and they were all delicious.

Lesson learned - I was using my disney experience to check availability and there wasn't any. However, I just walked over to Jaleo the night before and they booked me the lunch with the time that I specified right there!!

Boathouse was great too, but Jaleo is definitely at a different level for food!!
Far and away, our favorite!

We went for Lunch recently… Enjoyed it, but we have preferred other DS restaurants more - most especially Morimoto’s restaurant.

Went to Jaleo in Chicago a couple weeks ago and we left and went to another restaurant. The food was decent but was more than the comparable tapas place down the street. That wouldn’t have bothered me, but the service was absolutely horrific. We were actively trying to spend more money, but couldn’t get an order in.

Obviously service varies, especially in different cities, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and now I don’t have any real desire to go to the Orlando location.

A shame. I really like Jose Andres

Jaleo was without doubt not only the worst restaurant we went to in orlando but might have been the worst experience at a restaurant I have ever had in my life - and i've had 2 allergic reactions in restaurants but at least the staff cared about it. The server was loud and overbearing - wouldn't listen to a word I said. Refused to let me order a modified octopus - as it wouldn't taste good without the specific sauce - if as a tapas bar you can't make a garlic butter octopus or something taste good then you are not a good tapas bar. Pretty sure its because i also was interested in the prawns and they cost substantially more. We got the prawns and my oh got a chorizo and mash dish. The prawns were fine but the garlic was burnt.

Ordered the pan con tomate - out of that. Made me wonder how 'freshly made' it is because they hadn't run out of the components on other dishes. Ordered an alternative bread. This is when it got very akward. The waiter came out with the bread- told us that he isnt giving us the bread because the chefs said the allergy info was wrong. Okay - better safe than sorry. I am a little irritated at this point because this is not the experience I was expecting from what is really a signature restaurant.

15 minutes later - server comes back with the bread and said 'Ive checked with two other chefs and they think its fine so you can have this now'. I asked what he meant and basically 2 / 3 of the chefs were fine the other wasn't sure. I am not taking that chance and its incredibly stupid of them to suggest i do. Not to mention that this was not a fresh order - but the same one from 15 minutes previously. At this point the manager came over and I have to admit i was less than happy - and had a talk with him about training his staff in allergens because this was borderline negligence at this point.

We also ordered the paella but because the server was so busy talking over us - we received some pasta paella dish and spoke to the manager again (who had taken over at this point). I was incredibly frustrated and they offered to get us a paella from the previous session. What i received was a side plate with leftover cold paella on it - that was clearly whatever they could shuffle together. At this point my partner had returned from the toilet and said that they were so disgusting that he wasn't actually going to eat anything else.

So really out of several tapas and a paella we ordered - we ended up eating a few prawns and some chorizo. Manager comped the meal but the damage was done for us. I know everyone has bad days but this many mistakes when someone has an allergy and additional care should be taken means that it is not somwhere i would recommend.

Does anyone know if Jaleo will serve Paella for one? I looked at their menu and all of the Paellas are between $130 - $250. I assume that must be a serving for 8 or more.

In June Jaleo was my best meal of the trip. Service and food were top notch and they were very catering to me as a solo diner. If this repeats in December it will be my new favorite restaurant at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter