Just got back - learned some things...

twinglemom

Earning My Ears
Got back yesterday from our trip to Florida. Ours was more of a florida vacation with a couple of days at the Magic Kingdom, rather than a full-blown Disney vacation. That will come later when the kids are older.

Wanted to thank readers for great insights - the three best ideas I got from this board were:

1- we brought our own strollers! With not quite 2 year old twins & a four year old, a side-by-side double & a single umbrella stroller were invaluable. I'm sure many readers get tired of the great stroller debate, but I found it excellent advice.

2 - We took the Ferry into and out of the Magic Kingdom both days we were there. It was great! We also parked close enough (Pluto area) that we walked into the TTC. Never had to struggle with folding strollers and transferring kids.

3 - Penny Presses are great souvenirs! My four year old is thrilled with his. And they're cheap!

Those were my top three - other things of note:

* We took some of our own snacks in my diaper bag. Nothing big, just animal crackers, raisins, and juice boxes. But it made a mid-morning rest so much more economical and enjoyable - familiar food is what toddlers want.

* I had no trouble getting reservations for Cinderella's Castle. Maybe it was the time of year we went, but it was an excellent mid-day break. And my 4 year old was amazed that Cinderella is real! She's a lefty, and signed his autograph book for him.

* FASTPASS is WONDERFUL!! Sure, we got dirty looks from folks who had been standing in line for 30+ minutes, but hey, fastpass is available to anyone. We went on Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain with no awful waiting.

And for those who are heading down in the next few weeks, Florida is in the midst of a severe drought. Many of the fountains are turned off at WDW. We spent a morning at Downtown Disney, anticipating that my kids could play in the fountains. It turned into an extended shopping trip because the fountains were not running.

And now we're planning our trip for 2003! Saving those pennies!

Twinglemom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter