Just got back - My opinions - any questions?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
Just got back so I will try to answer any questions.

My opinions in a nutshell:

Lines were long
FP+ is not the way I like to do Disney. I miss the old FP system
There are now only 3 kiosks for FP+ in all of MK and the lines were 20-30min long.
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner package is the best deal in town.
Fantasmic dinner seats are not dead center as people here said. We were 2nd section from right hand side. Still worth it because it was stand- room only by 7:45.
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch was 2nd best meal deal in town - and we had window seats to watch noon parade!
The day MK parade is much better than the last one
TT and POTC seemed to be down more than running
Beach Club is wonderful - SAB was great!
Beach Club concierge is not worth the extra money. CM's were not nearly as friendly as Poly
Beach Club busses to/from MK were awful.
Beaches n Cream was great
Cape May Cafe was okay (did breakfast and dinner)
The MSEP still gives me goosebumps.
Watching Wishes in the rain instead of wall to wall people is so much better than I thought.
The only night EMH that is worth it anymore is MK. Maybe Epcot if you want to enjoy WS
We now appreciate morning EMH more.
I was ticked off that the People Mover now closes during EMH.
Waiting 20-30min for Gaston is worth it.
BOG lunch is still better than BOG dinner
I still don't understand how people wait 60-90 minutes for the Peter Pan ride
Frozen Sing-Along was surprisingly very well down. The storytellers are hilarious.
We did not go to AK for the first time this trip and no one seemed to even care or want to go.
Same with DTD (although I did miss Raglan Road.)
Overall the CM's were not as magical. A few here and there but many were just blah.
The hubs in MK were nicely done.
7am EMH meant we met Elsa and Anna and rode SWMT in 30min without FP!!!
Elsa looked like a drag queen and was boring as heck
Anna looked spot on and was magical
Overall, we felt rigid, rushed and over-planned for our liking but we made the best of it!

One more thing I forgot to add...

Magical Express took 2hrs from flight arrival to pulling into Beach Club. That was the longest we have ever had but we were the last hotel stop.

On the way back, our flight was 6:25pm and our ME was 3:35pm. It pulled up at 3:47pm (it was the first stop) and didn't pull out until close to 4pm. 3 families came out, one last minute asking to go on our bus (even though they were all 4:05pm) and the driver said okay. Then pickups at Boardwalk, Yacht, and Caribbean Beach. Our airline didn't have flight check-in and ME only dropped off at Terminal B at almost 5pm. We had to haul over to Terminal A with luggage, wait inline to check in, then head over to security, got pulled over for a bag check, then get to tram to get to the gate. We had 10min before boarding started. Our thought of eating dinner at Chili's turned into sandwiches to eat onboard. A part of me was glad we didn't wait around a long time but we have never cut it that close with ME before. I will seriously take into account the airline we book before our next Disney trip.

Last edited:
What a great synopsis of your trip! Thank you for sharing. How early did you get to Fantasmic to use your dining package entry?

Thanks for sharing! Where are the 3 fastpass kiosks in MK now located?

We are planning on skipping AK for the first time ever for our trip this summer. How funny that you skipped it too & didn't miss it.
& I would like to know where the FP Kiosks are located in MK too. Not looking forward to FP+ for the first time either.

& thanks for summing up your trip...very helpful!

I agree with much of what you posted. We were there at the beginning of the month, BC CL as well.

They must change it up because our MM Fantasmic package seats were dead center-the two center sections were reserved for dining package seating. We loved getting there 15 minutes before the show and having center seats. In past years with the dining package, we were seated where you were. I wonder if it has to do with crowd level?

Yes

Walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland
Next to Philharmagic
Next to Stitch

There is one by Tony's but only for setting up the FP system. They will not let you get a 4th FP from there.

The ones by Splash and Circus are gone which really annoyed me. They were closest to the train to hit a 4th pass before heading out for a mid day break.

What a great synopsis of your trip! Thank you for sharing. How early did you get to Fantasmic to use your dining package entry?

We started walking in from ToT at 8pm exactly. On the cards given it said to arrive between 7:55 and 8:15pm. We had our pick of seats. Most came around 8:15.

Yes

Next to Philharmagic
Next to Stitch

There is one by Tony's but only for setting up the FP system. They will not let you get a 4th FP from there.

The ones by Splash and Circus are gone which really annoyed me. They were closest to the train to hit a 4th pass before heading out for a mid day break.
So there is no longer one outside Jungle Cruise, then?

Loved your thoughts. Am disappointed about Beach Club Club Level. We are booked there in November. Should we just switch to a non club level water view room?

Maybe a dumb question...and I haven't fully read up on PF+ yet...so stay with me.

If you already set your FP+s on the website or app, do you even need to go to the kiosks? Can you amend them on the app while in the park?

So there is no longer one outside Jungle Cruise, then?

If this is true ..that stinks? When I last went in October the Jungle Cruise Fast pass Kiosk (though oddly located close to the Frontierland one) worked great.

Honestly not sure why the don't have more Fast Pass + Kiosks in the park .. especially if they are still not allowing you to make your additional selections on the app.

No idea why they got rid of the Storybook Circus one .. that was nicely out of the way of crowds and far away from the others .. .and was disappointed to find it wasn't there in October.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner package is the best deal in town. I agree. Unless your kids really need to see the Dis Jr. characters at H&V or you don't mind paying more or using double TS credits at The Brown Derby, Mama Melrose is def the best bet.

Fantasmic dinner seats are not dead center as people here said. We were 2nd section from right hand side. Still worth it because it was stand- room only by 7:45. Totally worth it to not have to get in line 2 hours before the show to get good seats!

Waiting 20-30min for Gaston is worth it. I'd wait longer. I'd say the BEST character interation at WDW.

Frozen Sing-Along was surprisingly very well down. The storytellers are hilarious. Agreed. My husband was kinda skeptical on going, but I made him anyway. He ended up really enjoying it!

Maybe a dumb question...and I haven't fully read up on PF+ yet...so stay with me.

If you already set your FP+s on the website or app, do you even need to go to the kiosks? Can you amend them on the app while in the park?
Yes, you can ammend your fastpasses via the app while in park, but to get a 4th (or 5th or 6th, etc.) fastpass after you have used your first 3, you have to use a kiosk.

Yes

Next to Philharmagic
Next to Stitch

This is sad, especially for those who will be in the parks on busy days. Now I know why I have seen photos in other threads of ridiculously long kiosk lines. Thanks for the great trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter