• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back opinions :)

DisneyBrat

DIS Veteran
My 2 adult sons and I just got back 2 weeks ago. Some opinions we want to share:

1) Stay on Property for EMH and make sure to be there 1/2 or so before the opening. Whichever ride has long lines usually make a beeline for that and FP it for later. We did this with Soarin and FP it for 9 AM and had back to back rides.

2) Resort Food gets yukky after a few days. Only way quick service serves eggs is scrambled with or without cheese. I was excited to switch resorts thinking surely the Contemporary would have more options. NOPE all the same LOL Even on our last day Chef Mickeys Breakfast was a glorified quick service type of food we had been eating the last 7 days with exception of mixing up a couple of omelet style eggs.

3) Wishes is better seen farther back OR on the backside of Castle. View from Contemporary was lack luster with all the lights in hallways and monorail running overhead.

4) Don't expect much help wise if you are injured. I had an injured knee and was struggling on a couple rides. The cast aren't allowed to touch you because of being sued I was told. Not too comforting... but times are changing...

5) If you are in a scooter tell them you can't transfer because of where they take them to and expect you to be able to walk there. I saw some severely disabled people find this out the hard way. Thankfully I was able to have son get mine or hobble to it.

6) Maybe I am older now but it didn't seem as "magical" as before. Almost seemed just like a "theme park" feel instead of the fairytale feel of years past.

7) Last but not least LeFew's Brew is AWESOME!!! May sound gross but it is absolutely delish!!! and the Cinnamon Bun is huge!

My 2 adult sons and I just got back 2 weeks ago. Some opinions we want to share:

1) Stay on Property for EMH and make sure to be there 1/2 or so before the opening. Whichever ride has long lines usually make a beeline for that and FP it for later. We did this with Soarin and FP it for 9 AM and had back to back rides.

2) Resort Food gets yukky after a few days. Only way quick service serves eggs is scrambled with or without cheese. I was excited to switch resorts thinking surely the Contemporary would have more options. NOPE all the same LOL Even on our last day Chef Mickeys Breakfast was a glorified quick service type of food we had been eating the last 7 days with exception of mixing up a couple of omelet style eggs.

3) Wishes is better seen farther back OR on the backside of Castle. View from Contemporary was lack luster with all the lights in hallways and monorail running overhead.

4) Don't expect much help wise if you are injured. I had an injured knee and was struggling on a couple rides. The cast aren't allowed to touch you because of being sued I was told. Not too comforting... but times are changing...

5) If you are in a scooter tell them you can't transfer because of where they take them to and expect you to be able to walk there. I saw some severely disabled people find this out the hard way. Thankfully I was able to have son get mine or hobble to it.

6) Maybe I am older now but it didn't seem as "magical" as before. Almost seemed just like a "theme park" feel instead of the fairytale feel of years past.

7) Last but not least LeFew's Brew is AWESOME!!! May sound gross but it is absolutely delish!!! and the Cinnamon Bun is huge!

Glad you had a great time and thank you for the tips...cant wait to try LaFews brew and the cinnamon bun!

Totally agree with #2. To me it's the result of Disney pushing endless free dining, meaning it's easier to cater to a mass audience by standardising food offerings across multiple locations.

Totally agree about LeFou's brew! I'm not a huge frozen drink lover but that was delicious. The CM there also gave us a free cinnamon roll apparently because Gaston wanted us to have it. I'm going to assume it's because I'm beautiful. :snooty:

I found a recipe for LaFou's ( I spelled it wrong in original post) when I googled :) personally I didn't care for the topping.

I do feel sorry for the disabled people at Disney. I also have a bad knee and on my trip last year it was a feat to get on and off some of the rides now. Example Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and People Mover to name a few. I detest the moving walkways! I just can't move a quick as I can now, I always have my husband behind me just in case i fall. Looking forward to trying LaFou's brew and the cinnamon roll. I forgot about trying it last year, we were on the deluxe dining plan and were stuffed from eating at the signature restaurants every night.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter