Just got back

campingqueen

Earning My Ears
We had a wonderful weekend VERY COLD!!!! Friday and Saturday was totally full but then Sunday afternoon it was very open. Lots of weekend Warrriors but that is normal for this time of year. 1400 is still closed. All they have left to do is finish the Comfort Station. Roof is done but still gutted. Chuck wagaon open last night. The Halloween hayride was wonderful. Same as last year but a great time. Looks like the full timers are starting to arive. I noticed a few that come in each year about this time and stay until Easter. We will be going back in 4 weeks for 10 days can't wait. Let me know if I can help with anything. I havent posted in awhile here but still watch the boards. We end up there about every 3-4 weeks either at the campground or at All Star. Depends on who has the better rate.

Michelle

Interesting, you say there are people that long term camp at Ft Wilderness? Is there a price break/monthly rate available?

it might be a season price it has got to be high, but then again if you have a coach that cost over 900,000.00 then you can certainly afford the cost of the site..

Most of the fulltimers we see there have luxury coaches upwards of half mill or more. its a rough life.............

and they always seem to get the same sites - some in the 400 , some in 100 and some in 1400.

Check out the couple in the 400 loop, their coach has hidden mickeys in the striping scheme and they have Headquarters painted on the top fron tof coach with the Q shaped as a mickey head i think.

Yes it is called a snowbird rate. You have to be on a list to get this rate and must stay there for over 30 days. I won't post the rate because I don't want to make alot of people mad. But lets just say I could stay there for a month cheeper then my monthly house payment. Now you know why they drive the expensive rigs and I have a pop up!

They also stay in the eleven hundred loop. As a matter of fact they take up most of it. UGGGGGGGGHHH!

Now don't get me wrong but if you get this "special rate" you should not get the best sites in the campground..

M

Ooooh! I've seen that rig with the hidden Mickeys on it! It's really neat--lots of gold and swirls!

I'd love to winter at FW--in a few years! How do you get on that 'special list'?

Barbara
212 days to go

Glad to hear that the chuck wagon is open again, The bagged popcorn wasnt cutting it, Nothing like a bag of fresh popcorn for an outdoor movie. I had dinner at Boma at the AKL monday night and lunch at Dixie Landings yesterday and was very disappointed at how few people were at WDW. I dont recall ever seeing so few people in the resorts. Very sad !

Congrats to bigdisneydaddy on 100 posts!

It's sad everywhere! I went to the mall last night, and was practically alone! I keep spending money, though, and I'd be at FW now if I didn't have that daily annoyance...........WORK!

Barbara
211 days to go

BIG DD-- How did you like Boma? We have PS November 12, 6:30pm. Can't wait. Can you tell me about it?

Living in South Florida it's pretty crowded every where I go. The snow birds are here and there is a traffic jam every 2 miles.
I've been trying to go to local establishments. Keep America alive. This will be my second trip to WDW since 9-11. Hope it all helps!

Leaving in few days and we're so 'excited'. (a-psychic, as my 2 y.o. would say)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter