Just got back

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
We left on the 9th and got back last night (14) and wow what a time we had. I want to thank everyone who has posted on this site over the past few months, as I have been reading and taking notes and they all paid off. We did 4 days at both parks and our feet are sore. But it was worth it.

We saw the fireworks once and wow! The parade a couple of times and loved it! Sat under the big tree on main street and video tapes the parade, what a view. I just love the music. Small World looks great with the Christmas decorations. The crowds weren't that bad. Okay, Saturday night they were bad, but once we got away from the Frontierland area it was okay, except when we tried to find a spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks, we ended up by the Matterhorn and that wasn't a good spot so decided to head up Main Street and ended up feeling like Cattle going to Slaughter with the crowds. Finally found a spot at the train station to watch the fireworks and loved it. The snow fell all the way down Main Street. The Jungle Cruise was awesome with Michael as our navigator, he was the best the jokes were so funny. Fast Pass was so helpful. But to be honest a lot of times we only had 5 minutes waits. Like at POTC, wow 5 minute wait, who could complain. Same thing with the Matterhorn on early entry Saturday morning. Dumbo same thing. Walked right on to Winnie the Pooh, mind you it did break down just as we were leaving. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad same thing, walked right on. It was great. We did Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast on the first morning. Wholly Cow talk about a lot of food. The kids(10 & 5) had such a blast. Mary Poppins and Bert took our 10 year old on the carrousel with them. I missed it because I had the 5 year old chasing down Cinderella.

We went to the Medieval Dinner Theatre one night and well; our 5 year old daughter has a new boyfriend now. The yellow and red knight gave her the sash he had been given by the princess and well, she is in love. I have to admit he was so cute!

We stayed at the Paradise Pier and wow! It was so quiet, we were on the 4th floor and had a partial park view. The beds were so comfortable after long days of walking and rides. The weather was so on our side 22 degrees on the last three days. We got off the plane last night to -9 degrees (sorry Canadian temps) yikes it was cold!

Go to the Plaza Inn on main street for good food, and wow the desserts! Awesome. Mad Hatter took our kids on a mini parade adventure on main street and they had a blast. He was awesome. Never did see Donald Duck, which seemed strange but then we didn't spend a lot of time in Toon Town. The kids loved Splash Mountain, Thunder Railroad, Tea Cups and Matterhorn, so we spent a lot of time on those rides. Tom Sawyer Island is a good place to go for a break and let the kids run.

Over spent in the shops but I had knew we would from the beginning. We seem to go every 5 years so what the heck! Live a Little!!!!

The show in front of the Golden Horseshoe Stage is a must to see with the sherrif, the mayor and the mayor's daughter, oh my gosh!

Thank you again to everyone for their postings it really help make this an awesome trip. Definitely look up at the top window above Snow White ride while standing in line for Peter Pan - the wicked step mother was great! Touched the apple before going into Snow White. Kids thought that was great. Got lots of autographs and pictures.

Thanks again!!! :Pinkbounc

Glad you had a god time! :sunny: We were there from the 10th through the 13th and stayed at the DLH. I have to disagree on the crowds. WOW! Friday DL was at capacity by noon. These were Christmas crowds! :earseek: I was completely amazed! We decided NOT to go over Memorial weekend and we will go back mid-January instead.

The two character breakfasts we had were Lilo & Stitch and Minnie & Friends. We liked L & S but I had to talk to a manager to get the Disney Visa 10% discount. I showed him my print out from the web sight and told him it did not specify a time (ie. B, L or D). I got my discount.

The Minnie & Friends breakfast was NOT worth the money!!! Even my DD was not happy with the buffet set up. We had 10:30 ressie and were seated within a few minutes. Then stood in line for 45 minutes to get breakfast. We started to eat at 11:15 and breakfast buffet lines were put away around 11:30. So, load up 1 time because you won't get through the line a second time. Better character interaction than L & S but waiting in line for 45 minutes to get breakfast is ridiculous!

We had a great weekend inspite of the huge crowds. Stayed @ DLH. Used fast passes when we could. Went to the pool Friday and Saturday afternoon. Fireworks are SO COOL! :cheer2: Can't wait to go back and stay @ the GCH.

Oh, forgot to mention DD and I were bumped twice at the Orange (SNA) airport while trying to fly home. So, we now have 4 RT Alaska Airlines vouchers to use. So, our January trip will be VERY inexpensive! :Pinkbounc I will be making reservations later this week! :love:

so glad you had a nice trip, hang around and answer questions as an expert now ;) , people are always looking for opinions/tips on PP hotel !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter