Just got off the DREAM. Happy to try to answer questions.

We go next week for our first ever cruise with two kids ages 12 and 14. I'm in a packing dilemma...We are doing 4 nights on the dream and 4 days in the parks plus Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. for a total of a 10 day vacation. Packing for 4, I'm trying to cut back. How necessary are dressy clothes for the cruise dinners? Will DH and DS14 need long pants? (I know I've read anything goes, but really, will we look out of place if we don't?) My plan was to have them wear button down shirts with shorts vs athletic clothes, and for me shorts with dressier shirts, but I'm starting to feel like we may need a little dressier than shorts all the way around, What's your opinion having just come off?

This is our third cruise. The dressiest we are doing in Pirate night, we are all dressing uo for it this time around. our 2 "kids" are adults now and our past cruises, 2004, 2008, they were still kids. We are bringing one pair of long pants in case it is too cchilly, only.

Any chance you pre-purchased pictures? If so, did you get printed pictures AND digital? Or was it only digital? We cruise next month, and Im hoping for both, but won't be surprised if its just digital.

Thanks!

I did no
Any chance you pre-purchased pictures? If so, did you get printed pictures AND digital? Or was it only digital? We cruise next month, and Im hoping for both, but won't be surprised if its just digital.

Thanks!
I did not but I did see a lot of printed pictures in shutters

We go next week for our first ever cruise with two kids ages 12 and 14. I'm in a packing dilemma...We are doing 4 nights on the dream and 4 days in the parks plus Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. for a total of a 10 day vacation. Packing for 4, I'm trying to cut back. How necessary are dressy clothes for the cruise dinners? Will DH and DS14 need long pants? (I know I've read anything goes, but really, will we look out of place if we don't?) My plan was to have them wear button down shirts with shorts vs athletic clothes, and for me shorts with dressier shirts, but I'm starting to feel like we may need a little dressier than shorts all the way around, What's your opinion having just come off?
Polo shirts and nicer shorts would be perfect. A lot of ladies wore sundresses or shorts and a sumer blouse. I did not see a lot of T shirts. My son who is 8 did wear shorts and a t shirt must nights and never looked out of place.

I have the best photo of Peter and my at-the-time 9 yr old daughter dressed very similarly for Pirate night from 2012 (fancy buccaneer outfit). I should dig it up, we're sailing in a few weeks, he'll probably be CD again.

Dressy outfits are not necessary, but if you enjoy them you can wear them to dinner. You won't look out of place as you'll see a range of attire among the cruisers.

you dont need any dressy clothes at all if you wish. However, we found the MDRs a little chilly and appreciated having pants and long sleeves or a sweater available. YMMV.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter