• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got our points! Any advice for making last minute booking?

Dotluvsdisney

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
We are soooo excited! Want to try to use the 2022 points in October or November. Any tips or info you’d like to share? Not quite sure how waitlisting works as most dates are not available. Thank you!

Attachments

• FFF37F45-0A31-48A8-9546-CB73E1BC9FF4.png
    FFF37F45-0A31-48A8-9546-CB73E1BC9FF4.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 20
It’s going to be tough getting something this late as it’s the busiest DVC time but you can certainly try.

To waitlist, you simply try to book what you want and then create it. If it matches, the will make the reservation.

While you do, you can also pick up days that show up. The problem with that is that there are penalties for canceling less than 31 days out so if you did pick up a day here or there, but can’t go without a full stay, then points would go into holding.

The best chances for a room will be SSR and being flexible for a split stay and room size will also help you put something together.

Take any consecutive days you get. Modify if you can add days or find a better location. Random stalking gives you a better chance IMO than waitlisting. It's a bit of luck and a bit persistence. Keep all resorts *open* and hit *update*...

People have multiple reservations and cancel. Don't hesitate for a second if you find something, as by the time you click on it, it may be gone!

Good luck and congrats!

Last edited:

We found a night in a 1 bedroom at Kidani! Just hubby and I as a treat to celebrate our points and use the last days on our military passes. Will keep looking and consider waitlist or modifying. Thank you!!!

It’s about the 30 day mark for Oct trips so people may be canceling bookings now to avoid points going into holding. I saw a weekend free up at Riviera recently and a night pop up at Poly for the same weekend.

Good luck!!

Leave a browser open and update. This is called stalking and it is the only way you are going to get anything. You could put in waitlists for rooms that are common, like SSR/Kidani studios. Check the room inventory to make sure you are booking a category with a lot of rooms. My Poly even came though for marathon weekend.

The 30-ish day mark is very important. People will drop reservations a few days before the points will go into holding.

Leave a browser open and update. This is called stalking and it is the only way you are going to get anything. You could put in waitlists for rooms that are common, like SSR/Kidani studios. Check the room inventory to make sure you are booking a category with a lot of rooms. My Poly even came though for marathon weekend.

The 30-ish day mark is very important. People will drop reservations a few days before the points will go into holding.
Thank you for the explanation!

Thank you for asking this!! I was curious as well because we just passed ROFR on our first contract, but the sellers needed a delayed closing, February! So now we’ll have to wait and we really wanted to get a trip in before the blazing summer. We can sweat our tails off for free here in SC 🤣 But from what I’d seen, booking a trip 1-4 months out is near impossible. Glad to hear a little obsessive stalking could lead to possibilities!

Congratulations! We found a few options for single nights not during the weekend :). We are so excited for our post Thanksgiving stay! Tried waitlisting and going to keep checking around the 31 day mark too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter