Just got RPR Club level...now a question

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
I couldn't get availibility online for the nights I wanted but called reservations and it was available.

Now, a question about Club Level. Will the evening food offerings be enough for a light meal? I know the morning will offer us enough for breakfast and I'm hoping that the evenings will be enought so we won't have to have a big meal every night.

Any insight of what will be there?

Thanks!

We have stayed at the RPR Club level twice (and are booked again for this August) and have done just what you have suggested.

We hit the parks when they open and have a late (can you say big) lunch at Citywalk at about 2:00pm. Come evening, the light snacks at the club level work out perfectly for us. Of couse the kids are another story and are always hungry - we usually order a pizza for delivery for them.

In the end, it more than covers the extra cost of club level.

Lou

Great info. What kind of things do they serve on club level at RPR?

We were there 3-6 thru 3-11, 2004
Hopefully I can do the great assortment of food justice with the following that I can remember:

Drinks out all day: sodas, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Bottled Water, Pelligrino,Coffee, assorted tea bags

Breakfasts: Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Assorted fruits( Canteloupe, Watermelon, Kiwi, Mango, Pinneapple, all sliced. Whole apples, bananas, grapes. Assorted small boxes of cereal, Skim Milk, Whole milk, Dried Fruit, Granola, Vanilla yogurt(really good) Assorted Dannon yogurts, Assorted muffins, breads, pastries, doughnuts, waffles, french toast and everything to go on top.

AFTERNOONS/EVENINGS: Beer and wine-included. MIxed drinks cost. Miller, Miller Lite, Bud , Bud light, Heinekin, Corona, Amstel Lite. Always a white and Merlot.
Food: BIG assortment of all types of cheeses with some great types of crackers, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, sourcream,bags of potato chips, assorted salad, pasta or greens, sliced meat-really good smoked pork one night with German Potato salad. Mexican foods-quisadilllas, enchiladas, breads, all the sliced fruit listed from breakfast.

SWEETS: usually out after 8pm -cheesecakes, cookies, dried fruit, chocolates, candies.

We only ate a light early afternoon snack at the parks and really enjoyed the Club selections. This is the only way to go!!!! Especially with 2 teenage sons who eat every thing in sight!!! And a picky 5 yr old daughter who also enjoyed choosing her food from the above selections!!

Istokes

great info!!

now, i'm hungry too:goodvibes

lisa

Thanks for the info! We booked club @ RPR for October, and BF was questioning whether or not we needed it. After your list of snacks, Mike wants to know why we didn't stay there instead of the PBH in March!

Last July our two sons 14 and 17 really enjoyed the offerings in the club lounge....and they eat constantly! We're doing the vacation again this July (at their request!) and reserved club again. I think you'll enjoy it!

After reading this post, I called to see about changing my ressie to the club level. I figured for 60.00 more dollars the food availability would be greatwith two kids.
She told me there was no entertainment rate for club level. only AAA. That rate is 247.50. Thats 116.00 more than what I have booked at the garden room at the HRH! I guess I will stay where I am. Oh well, I'll just be glad when it's time to go!!!

You might try asking about Annual Passholders Rate for Club Level (code APH on the RPR reservations website). You don't need an annual pass for your entire party, just one.

The APH rate for us this August is $195.

Lou

I guess you just have to decide if your crew will make use of the club offerings enough to warrant the extra expense. It worked out fine for us last year...two growing boys (14,17) and "free" food and drinks. We splurged on the Islands breakfast buffet one morning but that was just because we'd heard that it was really good. We did still purchase some meals........just not as frequent or big. Usually it was pizza or a burger for lunch and maybe something snacky later at night in the parks. And the drink savings were really wonderful. July weather was hot and it was great not having to purchase water in the parks because the club staff had insisted we take some bottles with us.

When we were in Disney the only kind of water available was Dasani (coke's brand). I'm probably picky but I can't stand the taste of that water.

Wow - $60 extra! DD & I wouldn't get our moneys worth on that!

Ok, this may sound ridiculous, but I am now looking at the label on a souvenier 16.9 oz. bottle of water from RPR club. It is labeled Royal Pacific Resort (natural spring water) and on the side says "Location of Source, Kelley Springs, Lake Placid, Florida w/ Creative Water Concepts, Inc, Jacksonville, Fl and a phone # to contact. Why, do you ask, do I still have a bottle of water I keep in my fridge? I guess because I never wanted that trip to end? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

What is the average APH rate for club at RPR? $195 sounds too good to be true!!!!

I would like to change to club level after reading the above post, but when I went to the HRH website to check things out, they did not mention anything like the above poster! They only said continental breakfast, drinks and some appetizers in the afternoon! Have all you people who have stayed at club level always had that much of a variety? It seems like a lot to change to club level for what the website said!!!

HRH does not have the same club level offerings as RPR. RPR actually sounds better. People have posted that the HRH offers pudding, chips ahoy cookies and oreos and I am not kidding. I was going to book club at the HRH, until I had read this. I am still excited about my upcoming trip, but did not book club level based on reviews. It just did not have the same value as RPR.

Thanks alot! I will keep what I have and am very happy with it. Vacation just can't come soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter