Just got the new Disney Visa Debit

Marcy Mouse

DIS Veteran
We were just there in Dec and opened an account at Chase bank to get the Disney Visa Debit.

It is a regular checking account but you do get the perks for the card minus reward dollars - still get 50.00 for booking a disney cruise and various 10 to 20% off merchandise and tours etc.

What I trying to figure out is how to make deposits without having to drive to the US.

Dose anyone else have this card and what do you do?

Marcy

I don't have the card, mostly because I won't do business with Chase, but I would imagine that you can add money to the debit account through thier website. Probably with another debit card or with Paypal. I would check the Chase website.

I don't have the card, mostly because I won't do business with Chase, but I would imagine that you can add money to the debit account through thier website. Probably with another debit card or with Paypal. I would check the Chase website.

Chase owns Sears cards in Canada.

I bank with RBC Bank in the US. I can transfer from my Canadian RBC account to my US account online. However, as far as I'm aware it would have to be through a wire transfer since there are no Chase retail banks in Canada. Most banks charge around $25 per transfer.

tania7424 said:

I bank with RBC Bank in the US. I can transfer from my Canadian RBC account to my US account online. However, as far as I'm aware it would have to be through a wire transfer since there are no Chase retail banks in Canada. Most banks charge around $25 per transfer.

Yes, a wire transfer is the only way to send money from Canada to a US acct. the fee varies on the amount sent, but you are looking at $25+. email transfers cannot be done, they are only for select CAN banks.

They will let you get the Disney Visa Debit as a Canadian just not the Disney Visa you need a us address etc for that.

hmmm.... interesting. Do you need to actually USE the card to get the discounts in the stores or just prove that you have one?

Yes, a wire transfer is the only way to send money from Canada to a US acct. the fee varies on the amount sent, but you are looking at $25+. email transfers cannot be done, they are only for select CAN banks.

Because this might prove a little bit of an issue!

Over the last two years I've had no problems at all transfering money from my Canadian bank account to my U.S. account in a bank in Chicago. I use XE Trade (http://www.xe.com/trading.php), purchasing U.S. funds at a reasonable exchange rate using bill payment from my Canadian account and having it sent via electronic fund transfer to the U.S. bank. Because that allows me to avoid wire transfers it costs me nothing extra.

And ironically, if you check out the debit machines in stores - most of them are Chase.

I will have to look into this. I really wish they would release the actual Visa in Canada! Chase does have cards in Canada and a lot of other American companies allow canadians to apply for their credit cards so I don't know why Disney can't.

I will have to look into this. I really wish they would release the actual Visa in Canada! Chase does have cards in Canada and a lot of other American companies allow canadians to apply for their credit cards so I don't know why Disney can't.

Let's see, same reason why we as Canadians have other Disney issues...new website doesn't work, it costs a million dollars to ship from Disney Store, Photopass CDs charged extra fees, etc...

Disney seems to be reluctant to deal with these Canadian issues as they probably figure they don't need to, as these issues only affect a very small percentage of Canadian guests. And Canadians still flock to Disney World, even without a Disney VISA, so why bother?

Tiger

So I can just go to any Chase bank and open a checking account with the disney visa debit? My Canadian address will be okay? Also, what is the monthly fee for the account? Thanks! Do you get it on the spot or do they mail it to you.

Baltica, you did not indicate if you were transferring between the same bank from Canada to the US and if you have a US address? Guessing these play a factor. I made the mistake of getting Macy's card a few years back as they had a special deal for Canadians 25% off all purchases. But when i went to pay the amount it was virtually impossible to move money to that account topay it off. and it cost me the $25.00 to do a money order to send to Macy's and I closed the account. Lesson learned. Never again!

So I can just go to any Chase bank and open a checking account with the disney visa debit? My Canadian address will be okay? Also, what is the monthly fee for the account? Thanks! Do you get it on the spot or do they mail it to you.

We gave our Canadian address: actually the card design you pick out gets mailed to you - it was there when we got home.

Here are the designs: https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/disney-visa-debit.htm

I think the fee is 12.00 per month but there is no fee if you have, 1500.00 dollar balance.

I think you can do it online before you even go? Not 100% sure but he did say they that you can open an account online - not sure if you can for Canadians.

Marcy

Must it be Disney visa debit?
I have a Visa debit from RBC with my Florida account.
I pay all my US credit cards easily from this same account..
No fees to pay them. I use the card in Florida ( where I am now) without any problem..easy

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter