• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just how scary is Fantasmic for tiny ones?

Disney Princess 6

<font color=purple>I'm Eeyore's human counterpart
We were last there in 2000, so we've never seen Fantasmic. From the video, it looks fairly intense with that huge dragon breathing fire all over the place - looked scary even to me! My DS (age 4) got scared at the SeaWorld Batman show last summer because of the fire and noise. Of course, that was 5-6 months ago now.

I'm wondering how scary this show is going to be for him and DD (age 2). We have grandparents coming with us - is this a show that DH & I should see alone one night?

My 3 1/2 was OK with it. We sat up high toward the back of the stadium - - there are no bad seats.

He sat on my lap and did hide his eyes a few times, but we just kept talking about the fact that the whole show is Mickey's dream and that dreams are not real.

When everything turns out fine at the end he was thrilled.

He even talked about Mickey's dream when we came home.

I would suggedt watching Sleeping Beauty together to see how your little ones react to the Dragon.

Maybe that will give you some idea of how they will react.

Good Luck!

my 3 year old was terrified when she was 2 so we didn't go when she was 3.

My 6 year old likes going but even she gets a little scared and covers her ears and when she was younger, covered her eyes sometimes.

It's noisy; there's lots of villians and you can get wet (which my kids also didn't like).

good luck

My 24 month old was fine & enjoyed most of it. We're going again next month (2 1/2) and I'm not sure if it will be different this time. He's older & understands more. He learned "dark" "scary" and "monsters" a month after we came back! But he also understands dreams now, so I think I'll try that approach :) My mom hasn't seen Fantasmic so we HAVE to go!!

We did it last year with a 2 & 4 yr old. Both loved it. We did Fantasmic Dinner Package and sat towards the top. My daughter(2) is usually scared but anything with Mickey she loves.

DS4 freaked out last year at Fantasmic. His main problem was that the villians were trying to hurt (in his perception) Mickey. It was a little to intense for him, as he didn't like the fire and noise either. However he did love the Haunted Mansion - no problems there....go figure!
I would say, it depends on your child. Check out the description at www.wdwig and discuss it with your child prior (story line etc.) and you can decide. Have fun!

Daughters, 5 and 7, both loved it this year. On our trip two years ago I didn't prepare them properly for the shows and they were scared of any of the shows that had wind, lightning, or fire effects. I made sure this time I told them that everything was pretend and kept re-enforcing it and all was great. They even did the haunted mansion twice and my youngest, who was initially scared, was laughing when i compared everything inside to scenes from scooby doo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter