• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just joined the family, thanks for all the info!

rM3panno

Earning My Ears
I grew up going to Disney for day trips as my parents had a place in Clearwater Beach. Fast forward a few years and my wife took the high school dance team she coached 4 years ago and my 2.5 (at the time) year old son and I tagged along. We have now been 5 times in the past 4 years and love the joy it brings our sons now 6.5 and 2.5. Given the 2070 expiration we plan to deed the 2 individual contracts to our sons when they turn 18 and place annual dues aside when we actually hand them over.

We purchased 2 separate 150 point Riviera contracts with an August use year. We opted for the 2021 points tonstart with 300 points and will have 600 come August.

To say we are excited is an understatement. We haven’t posted on the topic but I have read more threads and opinions on DVC than I can count. I wanted to thank anyone who has posted on the ins and outs of DVC, it has been very helpful!

Welcome to the DVC family! RIV is beautiful we loved staying there for the 1st time in November. We have broken up contracts to gift to our kids down the road too.

Welcome! Its every exciting. We are new too, we cant wait to take our first trip. I know a lot of people wont take their kids to Disney when they are younger because they say the kids wont remember it, but I know I will! The joy it brings them and how it makes me feel seeing it is priceless, even though they probably wont remember too much later on.

Welcome! Its every exciting. We are new too, we cant wait to take our first trip. I know a lot of people wont take their kids to Disney when they are younger because they say the kids wont remember it, but I know I will! The joy it brings them and how it makes me feel seeing it is priceless, even though they probably wont remember too much later on.

We approach travel as a broadening of their minds. Before Covid, my wife and I took our older son everywhere, Europe, cruises, land trips, etc. The one constant was that every time we traveled he made huge developmental strides within 1-2 weeks of travel. Now that they are firmly on Disney+ they just live the familiarity of the characters and themes. They talk about it all the time starting the moment we leave.

Last edited:

We took our now 25 year old when she was just 5 months old, and my granddaughter just last year she was 9 months old- she has now made 2 trips and will make her 3rd in April. The smiles and laughs are something I will always remember. No one is ever too young in my opinion. The love just continues to grow and grow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter