Just Killing Time Between Meals in the Happiest Place on Earth~Sept DR *COMPLETE

Ok I still don't know much about instagram, but I registered and I found you!

Ok so an important question for this trip.....did you go to the Amish Market for dinner on the way down. Because I honestly think that could make the trip ALMOST more enjoyable...

Glad you found me on Instagram! Hope you enjoyed the updates on there. :)

The plan was to go to the Amish Market Friday morning, but we ended up leaving a full day early at the absolute spur of the moment, so it spoiled my travel day treat plans. I did get a whole extra day in WDW though, so I guess I can't complain.

Can't wait to start reading! We'll be there Sept 19-Oct1! Found you on Instagram!

You're already in Disney! Hope you are having an awesome trip! :thumbsup2

I'm in Jerri, I love reading your reviews!!! :woohoo: They are so helpful when planning my trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in with me again! New report starting later today!

I have enjoyed your reviews for many years. DH an I actually saw you and your DH walking into AKL yesterday morning around 9 while we were waiting for ME (to take us to the airport :( )

That's so funny that you saw us! That was probably when we were checking in for our one day stay there. I always feel so bad for everyone waiting for ME when I'm on the first day of my stay. Plus I know that will be me in the blink of an eye! :sad2: I don't know why they always make us leave WDW!

Can't wait to hear about your latest trip!!

It was a lot of fun! Starting the new report later today! :thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dining reviews Terri so you can count me IN!!!

you guys eat at the best places and what I would pick too!!

can't wait!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes We had a lot of great meals this trip. Can't wait to start sharing my reviews.

Count me in!
:goodvibes

Hey Linda! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Subbed! Woohoo! You guys are too cute :) I so enjoy your DRs!!!!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes So glad you're joining in!

Thanks for joining in with me again! New report starting later today!

Oh good!!! I need a good DR in my life since I'm missing Disney soooo much today. I was actually checking back just now, so I know I have something to look forward to! popcorn::Can't wait! :rotfl:

Alright everybody thanks for joining in! Let's get this party started!

We were supposed to leave on Friday night after work, but at the last minute we had a chance to add a day onto the beginning of the trip and of course we took it! We booked a room at SSR on Thursday at 6:30pm and we were on the road by 1am. Fortunately I am always packed early, so it wasn't too hard to get ready to leave at the last minute. I didn't get a chance to vacuum out my car or pick up our travel day treats, but who cares! Extra Disney day!

We switched off a lot during the drive. I ended up taking the final shift from the end of Georgia until we reached the resort. We made it half the way down I-4 and were 30 miles from WDW when we hit a MAJOR traffic jam. We crawled along and went 3 miles in an hour. Not fun. We lost almost 2 hours to traffic which was torture when we were so close. But it all becomes worth it when you see this sight.

We checked in at SSR around 5:30pm and finally made it to our room at the Paddock building. After a hot shower and some relaxation time we made our way over to the main building.

I was really in the mood to just stay at the resort and eat dinner at Turf Club. I love the atmosphere there a lot for some reason. However, when we looked at the menu it didn't appeal to us at all. We decided to grab a bus to DTD and find something to eat there since there are so many choices that we love.

We skipped past WPE since we were in the mood for more of a sit down and relax for awhile type of meal. The plan was to go to Raglan Road. Sure it's 7:30pm on a Friday, but it's September. The waits can't be too bad, right? Wrong. :laughing:

1 hour wait at RR. 1 hour at Paradiso. 45 minutes at Bongos. Bongos? Really? I thought that would be a guaranteed walk up. WPC, you are our last hope. Please don't make me walk all the way back to Marketplace for WPE. I'm getting hangry. :laughing:

Fortunately WPC had room for us. Yay for WPC!

We have had some mixed reactions to WPC over the years. Our last experience here was so overwhelmingly negative, but at this point I was so hungry that I didn't care at all. The hostess who sat us was super friendly. Our server was with us right away and was pretty on top of things throughout the meal.

We were happy to officially start our vacation at this point. On top of celebrating our anniversary this trip we also found out the day we left that we both got big promotions. Even more to celebrate. Go us! This calls for a drink!

Rob was boring and got a Sam Adams beer. Boo. We can get those at home. I went with their signature mixed drink. Tropical Sunburst. Bacardi Torched cherry rum, Dekuyper Peach Schnapps, mango purée and grenadine served frozen.

This looked better than it tasted. It was definitely lacking in flavor, which was surprising given the ingredients. I let Rob have about half of this.

Our bread service came out at the same time as our entrees which was a little disappointing. This was the only place where our server dropped the ball.

I had a few bites of the focaccia and it was not very good. It tasted like it was leftover from the day before.

For our entrees Rob got the Goat Cheese pizza. Pesto, fresh basil, roasted tomatoes. He also added bacon to this which was an extra $2.

He enjoyed it. He also ate it in about 30 seconds. :laughing: We were starving!

I got the dish that originally made me love this place. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes, Port Wine Sauce, Crispy Onion Strings.

It's hard to see the big piece of meatloaf under that pile of onion straws, but it was there. It was even better than I remembered! The sauce really makes the dish. The potatoes were so creamy and delicious. They serve this at WPE as well, but here it's about $4 more which is kind of annoying.

I still had some room left for dessert and I knew exactly what I wanted. Classic Carrot Cake. Homemade cream cheese icing with candied pecans.

This piece of carrot cake was BEYOND amazing! I have enjoyed this here on previous trips and I was so excited to get a chance to have it again. I was worried I wouldn't like it as much as I remembered, but I still loved it. The candied pecans are what really make it special. I would highly recommend it!

This definitely was not a place I expected to eat at this trip, but I was actually glad that we did. While the drink and the bread were a little off, the main dishes were fantastic. I'm sure I'll still tend to stick more to WPE, but it's definitely worth stopping in here if only for dessert each trip.

We wanted to stay in DTD for a movie, but we were too exhausted. We wearily drug our full bellies back to the Marketplace. Fortunately there was a bus waiting to take us back to our resort. Once we got back to the room we pretty much passed immediately. We needed our rest because tomorrow morning it's time to switch resorts!

:banana: Great start Jeri!! CONGRATULATIONS to the promotions!! :wizard::banana:

As I am reading your already drool-worthy report of one of my favorite dishes, I am eating Spitz Black Pepper sunflower seeds. :rotfl2: I seriously need to go on vacation soon. It's been too long. :rotfl:

How do you like SSR? I have never stayed at a DVC resort, so just curious. :goodvibes

Happy to follow along! I love dining reports!!! Also from South Jersey and my Nov trip will be my 21 trip to WDW also!!!! :thumbsup2

Great first review Jeri! Glad WPC was a winner and that carrot cake looks AMAZING! :love:

Would you recommend Saratoga Springs for a longer stay? I've thought about booking it in the past as there's often some good deals available. What are your thoughts on the resort overall?

how magical: you both got promotions at work, AND you left a day early!!!

(how unmagical: sitting in traffic when you're THISCLOSE to wdw!!)

your first meal (that meatloaf) looked & sounded great! (not at all like the meatloaf i made at home last night! :rotfl:)

now bring on those F&W reviews!!!!

YUMMY!! I love WGPE but haven't been to the cafe. It looked good!! I'm so happy you were able to get a table and get filled up!!

Looking forward to more yumminess!!!

Love your review so far :cool1:. DTD is one of my favorite dining spots after Epcot . Looking forward to the rest :thumbsup2.

What a great start to your trip. Arriving early! A night staying @ SSR! The food looks great @ WPC. Especially that carrot cake, YUM!!::yes:: How was the construction going in DTD? Was it madness?

Wow! Congrats on your promotions! I started following you on Instagram just before your trip and I loved seeing your pictures there. Can't wait for more reviews!

If you all eat breakfast at WPE will you confirm if they still have the breakfast pocket. The new menu doesn't show it and I was so excited to try it. For lunch their new chicken salad with grapes and apples as a sandwhich sounds good. Can't wait for more reviews.

I knew you were back (from Instagram) so I was hoping you had started a report! YAY! :banana:

What a great way to start a trip....an impromptu day early departure and just receiving work promotions!

So WPC has never been on my radar but oh my word...that Carrot Cake looks so perfect. Yum!

Hey Jeri,
Looks like a great start! Your dinner looked delicious. I Can't believe you were considering a movie after that long drive. I'll be waiting to see more!!! :banana:

Joining in! Congrats on the promotions and Happy Anniversary!! Dinner at WPC looks amazing- glad you enjoyed it (sorry about the bread and drink- I hate when they bring the bread out with your entrees-totally defeats the purpose!) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I love the meatloaf WGP makes, its amazing! I had it at the express location in May and was so glad with my choice. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Also congrats on the promotion :cool1:

You two are adorable! I just read one of your other reports and am thrilled to be able to read along with this one, too. Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter