• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just left the Wonder, a little disappointed

I think you were intending to respond to the Original Post ... as your question asked if the slow service had been reported. Instead, you replied to one of my posts where I said I'll soon be boarding the Wonder. We aren't on her yet and hope to not have issues ... ;)
No. I responded when you said. Perhaps you have Responded to the wrong post. I said. How so?

True, and it happens at hotels but I strongly believe passengers should receive notice at the time of booking or as soon as possible about planned construction/refurbishments that will be taking place during the sailing and details about what amenities or areas will not be available to guests during that time so guests can make an informed decision whether or not to sail while this is taking place. WDW does this and I have chosen not to book hotels based on this disclosure knowing the disruption would not be worth it for me, even at a discounted rate. Is it not reasonable to expect the same disclosure from DCL?

I agree 100%. Guests should be told in advance.

Where's your dog in this fight? Were you even on this cruise? If you reread my original post, I had a wonderful cruise- and didn't even mention to anyone onboard about the disturbances. Doesn't mean they weren't disturbances. And that I can't note them as such. Let it go.....

I've taken 8 cruises on DCL now, and this is the first time something like this has taken place on a cruise. That's part of what makes it notable to ME.

Relax! I was just correcting my original statement (see my signature: english is not my first language.) following with a general statement.

Hello,
I’ve been thinking about this post since it started. We just got the Wonder on the 13, which mean we were on the cruise that started on the 8th. Originally I thought, wow, this person just had the worst luck. In some ways I still think that but....there we constant construction spots on our cruise too. I’m not talking painting and greasing things but Pinocchio’s was closed for a bit as they resurfaced the deck there. Quiet cove had construction and resurfacing for a couple days. The gazebo was being repaired during the last day (again resurfacing and carpentry work). There was not a day that we didn’t hear hammering or see yellow tarps. The guys were everywhere on deck 9.

It didn’t really (well...at all) bother us or affect us. It was just something I noticed more because of the post coming out right before our cruise. I get it, it needs to happen since the ship gets a pounding every day. We saw no I’ll effects from it and from what I could tell any loud work was done when it was already loud because of movies, music, and 1000 kids.

As for service: total hit for us. The only time we thought it was off was the last night at Tiana’s. My wife called our server on it and while was shocked that we said they seemed off he cane back and said you know what, we are. It’s because the kitchen is different there and so many more of the items are custom made that things take longer and come out at different times. Once he realized it, they were back on their game. Deck service, bar service, and host were always on point. I did notice that our assistant server was constantly making sure everything was “amazing” which got old quickly.

We will be on the Wonder Dec 1. I hope these issues are worked out by then. One question I have. The slide. Does the Wonder have a aqua dunk or a slide for the adults ? I have watched videos on you tube and read the web site and it seems confusing. I am hoping there is some kind of slide for adults on the Wonder.
Thanks guys.

Just off the 10/13-10/15 sailing. There was some construction, as reported earlier in this thread, continuing on the Starboard side across from the Cove. We could easily hear it in our cabin (deck 7, starboard, forward) when in port at Ensenada and saw evidence of it later that afternoon when walking about the deck.

Embarkation and debarkation were both smooth and efficient. Best boarding process we've ever seen for Disney. Service was great -- we had a very lovely cruise.

We will be on the Wonder Dec 1. I hope these issues are worked out by then. One question I have. The slide. Does the Wonder have a aqua dunk or a slide for the adults ? I have watched videos on you tube and read the web site and it seems confusing. I am hoping there is some kind of slide for adults on the Wonder.
Thanks guys.

Adults can use the slide (Twist ‘n’ Spout). The line can be up to 40 mins but was never more than 15 last week even with a full ship.

We'll be boarding the Wonder in a few days. We were strongly disappointed by the Wonder in 2011 ... and had hoped that this trip would reset our memory a bit. I'm quite looking forward to Tiana's Place ... and hope it is included on our abbreviated rotation.
Yeah! Successful trip and, yes, our impressions of the Wonder have been completely reset.

In 2011 our word for the Wonder was "Tired." She looked OLD. But this past weekend, she felt fresh and new. Very lovely and quite enjoyable.

Glad to hear that the construction, whatever it was for, has been completed. Seems unusual to have that much going on, but it also seems they were getting it done relatively quickly. As I mentioned in an earlier post, access to labor and materials is much easier when not in Alaska. Another poster mentioned the noise limits for there too. That probably pushed some required maintenance into these shorter cruises out of Southern California. I'm surprised at how much they seemed to need to do being that dry dock was about a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter