Just made an offer

Congrats! I just made my first offer! OKW. I’ve been doing so much research and now so nervous! Was about to go direct but for me the cost difference up front just seemed too much right now. Hopefully I don’t regret the not purchasing direct as we move along. Who knows, seller may not accept my offer and I may end up with the choice again later! Cheers and fingers crossed!

Seller did not accept my offer for OKW but in the meantime I found a different contract, for AKV that was more in line with our needs, I think…. Anyway, this offer was accepted and just went over for ROFR yesterday. Y’all aren’t kidding about having patience. It’s so tempting to want to go direct to get the points immediately rather than wait and go through the process. Just keep telling myself I’m saving money.

Seller did not accept my offer for OKW but in the meantime I found a different contract, for AKV that was more in line with our needs, I think…. Anyway, this offer was accepted and just went over for ROFR yesterday. Y’all aren’t kidding about having patience. It’s so tempting to want to go direct to get the points immediately rather than wait and go through the process. Just keep telling myself I’m saving money.
Awesome! I am about 2.5 weeks in and I just want to know. I have been eyeing another contract too!

First: congratulations.

I don't want to damp your spirits, but ...

I read the recent ROFR blog post of the board’s sponsor today, compared it to the last month and it results in:
all OKW resale were taken by Disney in October.:oops: This means: 16 of 16 were bought back. In September 19 of 26 contracts were taken, only 7 went through.

I really hate to say it, but it's most likely you have to look for a different resale contract and probably at a different resort. :(

We hope to be down 150 points sometime in 2022 and down another 175 points in 2023 leaving us with zero DVC points.

Not all OKW contracts were taken by Disney in October. We passed ROFR with an extended fully loaded contract with a full allotment of banked 2020 points. “ So your telling me I have a chance”

Not all OKW contracts were taken by Disney in October. We passed ROFR with an extended fully loaded contract with a full allotment of banked 2020 points. “ So your telling me I have a chance”
Imagine extended will be less popular for ROFR. One of the main drivers they have with OKW is trying to convert more to extended, so they want non extended. Also they can convert non extended to extended free. So why pay a premium for extended they’ll think, I imagine.

That is better news. The contract I am trying to get is an extended contract. I am thinking I should know soon... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter