Just need to vent.

tndislvr

Mouseketeer
We planned a rather last minute trip (last minute for us anyway!) about six weeks ago and we leave on the 22nd. While I knew that was pretty late to get reservations for character meals I was able to snag Crystal Palace and have been checking daily for Ohana as the only character meal my DS4 requested was "the one with Stitch". Well, tonight I got lucky (well....for a minute anyway) and actually got a 7:50 reservation on the 23rd. I was so excited and was not going to tell my son as to make it a big surprise for him. Well, I get to the screen to confirm the reservation (it was already in my cart I must add) and when I pressed confirm/continue I got a screen stating the website was having difficulties and try again later. As you can probably already guess, I immediately tried again and the reservation is gone. I called Disney but there is nothing they can do. If the reservation is gone, it is gone. While I know websites have trouble and things don't always work I was (and still am) very upset. Oh well, at least my son didn't know about it yet.

Thanks - just needed to vent.:mad:

Keep trying! Also, you can check at your resort desk each day to see. They can look up availability for you.

I'm Sorry:sad1: I know how upset as parents we get when we can't make our kids dreams come true. As for the website, sometimes I hate computers, they are suppose to make life easier but there has been days when websites don't do it for me. Keep keep keep keep trying, maybe something will come up. Sending you lots of pixie dust!pixiedust:

I know it is frustrating, but keep trying. Like you, I actually booked 6 weeks ago for May 21 thru the 24th. Little by little I have been able to get everything including 4 character meals and dinner at CRT and LeCellier. You will get your breakfast with Stitch. I am sure of it. :)

I agree with the suggestions to keep trying. I just cancelled dinner at the Poly's Luau (4 weeks out). And, I cancelled some other non-character breakfasts to get to the parks at rope drop. As people fine tune their plans (i.e. freak out when they start reading about the heat and crowds), I'm sure some character breakfast slots will open.

nothing to offer except encouragement, I hope you are able to get the reservation you want!!

I know how disappointed you must be..... I am going to also say, KEEP TRYING!!! :hug: You just don't ever know. IMO, I'd be on the website a few times a day just trying.... you never know when someone might cancel. But also, once you get there who's to say you just don't go ? you might have to wait a little, but you'll probably get seated.

Good luck and I hope you vacation is fantastic !! :wizard:

Keep trying. I booked 8 weeks out for my trip that starts...OMG NEXT week!! I have been able to get Ohana's dinner, CRT dinner and today I got a Le Cellier lunch.

The closer you get to the trip, people who have been holding on to multiple reservations will start to make final decisions and cancel the ones they don't need.

You guys are great! And right.....got our ressie for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast! Persistance paid off! My son is going to be so excited!

Now for a question - have any of you ever been to the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and if so what did you think? This is our first ever character meal and I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks again!:)

You guys are great! And right.....got our ressie for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast! Persistance paid off! My son is going to be so excited!

Now for a question - have any of you ever been to the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and if so what did you think? This is our first ever character meal and I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks again!:)

YAHOO!!! Congrats, I'm so glad you were able to get it!! Persistence pays off. I can't answer your question though... we haven't been since it's become Lilo and Stitch. We have ressies for Sept, and are very excited! I've read great things about it though..... they do fun things for the kids like coconut races. From everything I've read, it's a blast !!

Its a nice breakfast! You all get leis (sp?), picture taken as a family, sit down style. Songs and konga lines. Food brought right to your table. The characters come around and sign autographs and take pics with you. I love the resort, nice to walk around and look at. Love coming to it on the monorail. Have a great time!:)

Doing the happy dance for you :dancer::dancer::dancer:
We went years ago when it was with the fab 4 characters and DD loved it, it was one of her favorites. The food was good, they brought it out in platefuls but it was all you can eat, and the characters would do a Konga line that was fun. I'm so excited for you, have a GREAT time!

:goodvibesWe go every to O'hanas breakfast every visit. My boys love it for the characters not too feminine. My DH and I love it because it is family style which means they bring the food to you. Which is great with little ones. The food is good too! have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter