Just off the beautiful Fantasy! Navigators added!

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

DH and I are sitting in MCO after enjoying our first DCL experience...7 nights on the Fantasy, Western Caribbean with SWDAS. It was AMAZING! The cruise exceeded our expectations in just about every respect. I will be working on a full report on the reports board over the next few weeks, but I wanted to check in briefly because we are so excited to share! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Spoiler alerts: too windy yesterday for Castaway Cay; we booked a placeholder!!

Glad you had a great time, sorry about CC though. Did you have semi-formal night on Grand Cayman night? That's when it was last year and wondering if it's the same. We leave next Sat for our 3rd SW cruise. Don't suppose you were told there was anything new or different this year on SW day?

Can you tell me which shows were which nights and when pirate night was? I'm trying to get an idea for our next cruise. Thanks!

Oh man I missed the part about CC...bummer! Glad it was still so amazing for you! I’d love to know what they did onboard yesterday instead, besides all the other questions I asked you in the other thread 😬 Thanks for being so kind in sharing! I’ll be keeping an eye out for your trip report!

Glad you had a great cruise....we just booked an hour ago for the Feb 1, 2020 SWDAS Western on the Fantasy!! Just 3 weeks from today....can't wait!!!

We love the Fantasy and can't wait to sail her again!! It will be our first SWDAS cruise. We have done the Marvel cruise and loved that so hoping we will love the Star Wars cruise too.

MJ

We are doing an eastern Caribbean SWDAS next month. Can’t wait to hear about your trip!

You're so lucky! We are considering Eastern next year. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Welcome back @iloveeeyore ! Can’t wait for the deets on your trip and would love to see any navigators if you have them! We’re so excited to leave a week from today on ours!

We have all the navigators and will be scanning them in the next few days to post! Stay tuned...

Glad you had a great time, sorry about CC though. Did you have semi-formal night on Grand Cayman night? That's when it was last year and wondering if it's the same. We leave next Sat for our 3rd SW cruise. Don't suppose you were told there was anything new or different this year on SW day?

We had dinner at Palo on GC night so I didn't notice...we were semi formal anyway. But I will check navigator once unpacked and report back. Also I will scan and post navigators.

Can you tell me which shows were which nights and when pirate night was? I'm trying to get an idea for our next cruise. Thanks!

1 Fantasy Come True
2 Aladdin (formal night)
3 Ventriloquist Taylor Mason (pirate night)
4 can't remember, will edit we skipped it I think it was a comedian
5 Frozen
6 Rise of Skywalker (SWDAS)
7 Believe

Oh man I missed the part about CC...bummer! Glad it was still so amazing for you! I’d love to know what they did onboard yesterday instead, besides all the other questions I asked you in the other thread 😬 Thanks for being so kind in sharing! I’ll be keeping an eye out for your trip report!

They added a lot of activies, Remy Brunch, character encounters etc. Will post original and modified navigators.

Last edited:
Glad you had a great cruise....we just booked an hour ago for the Feb 1, 2020 SWDAS Western on the Fantasy!! Just 3 weeks from today....can't wait!!!

We love the Fantasy and can't wait to sail her again!! It will be our first SWDAS cruise. We have done the Marvel cruise and loved that so hoping we will love the Star Wars cruise too.

MJ
We loved Star Wars. Don't miss the atrium preview the night before!

Don't miss the atrium preview the night before!
About what time was it? My boys (9,14 & 50) are all huge Star Wars fans! I can’t stand it, but am excited for them. Will be our first time on Fantasy, so curious as to what to expect. Thanks for any advice!

Hi all!

DH and I are sitting in MCO after enjoying our first DCL experience...7 nights on the Fantasy, Western Caribbean with SWDAS. It was AMAZING! The cruise exceeded our expectations in just about every respect. I will be working on a full report on the reports board over the next few weeks, but I wanted to check in briefly because we are so excited to share! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Spoiler alerts: too windy yesterday for Castaway Cay; we booked a placeholder!!

UGH!!! You didn’t get to go to Castaway Cay?!

IloveEeyore, thanks so much for responding so soon after your cruise. You should definitely do an Eastern. We've done 3 Easterns. If you like beaches, St. Thomas and Tortola have lovely beaches. We've also gone to St. Maarten and San Juan on Eastern cruises, but those don't happen as often. We had Taylor Mason on one of our cruises, he was really funny.

About what time was it? My boys (9,14 & 50) are all huge Star Wars fans! I can’t stand it, but am excited for them. Will be our first time on Fantasy, so curious as to what to expect. Thanks for any advice!

Around 10 or 10:15. I think it was 10:15. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early and standing on the 4th or 5th floor balcony with a clear view of the balcony in front of Tiffany.

UGH!!! You didn’t get to go to Castaway Cay?!

No! And that was one of the reasons we chose this cruise!! We wouldn't let it disappoint us and decided to use that as incentive to book another cruise!

IloveEeyore, thanks so much for responding so soon after your cruise. You should definitely do an Eastern. We've done 3 Easterns. If you like beaches, St. Thomas and Tortola have lovely beaches. We've also gone to St. Maarten and San Juan on Eastern cruises, but those don't happen as often. We had Taylor Mason on one of our cruises, he was really funny.

You're welcome!

We love beaches and definitely have a plan for beach days if we visit those islands. We have been to St Thomas before, love it, and Tortola is on the bucket list. Agree about Taylor Mason, we thought he was really funny especially his adult show.

Following - On the January 18th SWDAS cruise, and can't wait to see the navigators so I can PLAN!!!!!

I wonder if we've ever had a cast member post of her/her experience on a failed port of call day. That must be a ton more unexpected workload on staff when the ship doesn't dock.

Following - On the January 18th SWDAS cruise, and can't wait to see the navigators so I can PLAN!!!!!

Just got home. Lots of unpacking and laundry today and tomorrow. Hope to be able to get them up in time for them to be useful to you.

Was pirate night on day 2 the sea day or on day 3 Cozumel? Thank you!

Cozumel! You're right I went back and edited my error above. I was doing it from memory not with stuff in front of me. The day 2 sea day was formal night, I knew there was something about that.

Thanks so much. Do you know if they did a matinee of either Aladdin or Frozen? Like a 1pm? Also what time the pirate buccaneer blast was? Usually it is late but last year on this sailing it was at 745. Thank you so much!

I'm glad you had a nice trip. Do you remember who the special guest speaker was for the SWDAS day if there was one? We are on the 1/18 and curious to know who will be on board.

I wonder if we've ever had a cast member post of her/her experience on a failed port of call day. That must be a ton more unexpected workload on staff when the ship doesn't dock.

On Thursday, there was a lot of speculation coming from crew about whether we would be docking Friday due to poor weather. We weren't the first ship not to be able to dock at CC. Its shocking to me they dont have a pre-planned emergency navigator template for "surprise" sea days ready to go. It took until about 11 am to get the modified navigators out.

Thanks so much. Do you know if they did a matinee of either Aladdin or Frozen? Like a 1pm? Also what time the pirate buccaneer blast was? Usually it is late but last year on this sailing it was at 745. Thank you so much!

Aladdin was at 1pm on the first sea day, same day it was the feature. Aptly named Buccaneer Blast was at 10:15!

I'm glad you had a nice trip. Do you remember who the special guest speaker was for the SWDAS day if there was one? We are on the 1/18 and curious to know who will be on board.

There was no speaker that I knew of. If there was one it was not well communicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter